Poll

Are the "Oldest Pyramids of the world" that were found in Crimea, the real reason for the War?

Yes! Putin only took Crimea because of the alien pyramids.
13 (61.9%)
Yes! I don't believe that the pyramids were made by aliens, but I do believe that Russia took Crimea because of the incredible cultural treasures hidden inside them.
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 367911 times)

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4140 on: March 07, 2015, 11:38:04 am »
Quote from: Duuring
there were no French forces in the Netherlands anyway.
Duuring, you are too young. You still have to learn about your own country.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:47:27 am by MaxLam »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: March 07, 2015, 11:39:17 am »
You don't have to be very old to do a simple google search and find the deployment of Free French forces in ww2.

or are you saying he's not mature enough to argue with you?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: March 07, 2015, 11:40:55 am »
As far as I know, the only French forces in my country was a small unit of armored cars who didn't make it further then Breda in 1940. Might have been some more, but still, only in 1940. Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:45:34 am by Duuring »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4143 on: March 07, 2015, 11:51:05 am »
You don't have to be very old to do a simple google search and find the deployment of Free French forces in ww2.

or are you saying he's not mature enough to argue with you?
Most of the time, the older you are, the more cultured you are. That's perfectly normal. But why don't you try to answer this wis a google search, and help Duuring? We will see then the power of Google.

MaxLam, do you suddenly need to speak another language in order to have a claim? That would kinda ironic since French was enforced upon minorities (Oppression), just like Russian was forced upon the people of the Soviet union.
Mmm that's not totally true. Actually until the end of the 19th century most inhabitants of France didn't have French as their native language, and many didn't speak French at all. French spread during the 20th century, and Breton disappeared during the second half of the 20th century without any kind of oppresion. The inhabitants of Brittany were not opposed to French rule. Even during the Revolution, they never claimed their independance, they supported the French king instead. Why would they anyway? That already happened to them once a long time ago. First they fought against the Roman Empire in Great Britain, then they fought for the Roman Empire at the Limes, on the Rhine. And they eventually became some of the most faithful defenders of the Empire. It is said that even after the fall of the Empire, Roman patriotism remained strong for decades in Brittany, especially since there was Senatorial families there.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: March 07, 2015, 11:53:05 am »
I love how you say that eastern Ukraine has the right to secede because they have that wish (heavily influenced by propaganda), yet find every possible excuse why regions of France can't.

International law does allow for succession, like for example in the case of Scotland; In accordance with the sovereign government (of the UK) and with both sides being able to campaign. Something that was not possible in Crimea.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:54:36 am by Duuring »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: March 07, 2015, 12:02:20 pm »
This is all I could find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Amherst

Was your grandfather in the French SAS?

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4146 on: March 07, 2015, 12:15:56 pm »
Oh I'm not saying that they can't because they speak French, certainly not. Otherwise we would invade half of Switzerland and Belgium, Monaco and Luxemburg, and Québec. I'm just saying that the fact that they don't speak Breton greatly explains why they don't have any wish to secede. We could even discuss economic matters. Bretagne is an average region of France, or even a bit richer than the average. Wealth is better distributed amongst the population than in many other regions.

(GDP per capita on the right, another indicator called "social health" on the left)

In Ukraine:

The Eastern regions are richer. Donetsk is the richest region after Kiev.

The contribution of Luhansk and Donetsk to the state budget is much more important than what they receive:

Thus there is also an important economic difference between the Eastern Ukrainian regions and Brittany. No comparison is possible.

http://This is all I could find.

That's it, thank you. Amherst was a commando operation of the French SAS in the Netherlands, the biggest SAS operation during WWII I believe.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4147 on: March 07, 2015, 12:17:39 pm »
I love how you say that eastern Ukraine has the right to secede because they have that wish (heavily influenced by propaganda), yet find every possible excuse why regions of France can't.

International law does allow for succession, like for example in the case of Scotland; In accordance with the sovereign government (of the UK) and with both sides being able to campaign. Something that was not possible in Crimea.

i think we have realised he's very irrational and doesn't realise it.

This is all I could find.

Spoiler
[close]

Was your grandfather in the French SAS?

The only all dutch SS unit posted on the western front was 34. Landstorm Nederlands but that one wasn't posted against French units who were all further south close to the swiss border.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: March 07, 2015, 12:25:16 pm »
Of course, it just happens that Maxlam Grandfather served in the only French unit in the only French mission in my country. Well, that would make your granddaddy a liar since no Dutch SS was even close to the area where this mission happened.

Spoiler
[close]

Can we get a confirmed translation for that? I find it very strange that the regions that costs you money are green, and the once that earn more are dark red.

Edit: I send it to Admiral who confirms it's the other way around. Yellow marks is what is sent to the national budget, blue is what the region receives. As you can see, Luhansk and Donetsk are huge drains on the budget, just like Crimea. You should check your sources better.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:30:52 pm by Duuring »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4149 on: March 07, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »
Of course, it just happens that Maxlam Grandfather served in the only French unit in the only French mission in my country. Well, that would make your granddaddy a liar since no Dutch SS was even close to the area where this mission happened.
When I said "rats" I didn't mean Dutch SS in particular of course, I don't even remember which units were there.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: March 07, 2015, 12:41:31 pm »
implying you ever knew

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: March 07, 2015, 12:42:44 pm »
Sure. A picture of Dutch SS is posted, you specifically say 'those rats' and then suddenly you don't mean them in specific. You don't name the battle or the unit, nor the date, and when someone comes with the only suggestion that could be possible, you say 'of course it's that one!'. Furthermore, you ignore my post about the fact you're using a picture the wrong way, which would contradict your story.

All in all Maxlam, you're really just looking like a childish twat.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4152 on: March 07, 2015, 12:52:19 pm »
You edited your post Duuring, I'm only seeing that now and after verification I admit that you are right about the picture. I don't see how that makes me a "childish twat". That's a strange behaviour for a moderator.

As for the French who fought in the Netherlands, I only asked Nipplestockings to provide the information which you couldn't find, and he did. As he said, and proved, anybody could find this information with google. Giving you the name myself would have been pointless, right? But I don't ask you to trust me, although I could give evidences without much difficulties.

Oh also, I never said that my grandfather was French.

Quote from: Nipple
implying you ever knew
I have books at home of course.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:10:44 pm by MaxLam »

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4153 on: March 07, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »
Edit: I send it to Admiral who confirms it's the other way around. Yellow marks is what is sent to the national budget, blue is what the region receives. As you can see, Luhansk and Donetsk are huge drains on the budget, just like Crimea. You should check your sources better.
Damn it, I was going to point that out  >:( As you can see, losing the three green eastern regions would be a huge economic loss for Ukraine.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4154 on: March 07, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »
That would ba a loss for the budget of the State. But in terms of economy, Donetsk's GDP is greater. And yet the region is still red. Dnipropetrovsk would be the greater loss since the region is both rich and providing funds to the State.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:15:43 pm by MaxLam »