Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 3  (Read 77791 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Tardet is the saviour that we need but do not deserve.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
So is the 17e dead or is the 17e vs 2eFusGre match going to happen at some point? Also heard 56e vs 96y could potentially happen next week, Sunday.

I'm free to ref if required, but please get your shit together people so we can finish this edition of the EIC.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
As Pieter has gone AWOL and the 17e players seem to think the regiment is dead, I am going to hand the 2eFusGren a default 10-0 for the match.

If the 17e do actually want to play this match then someone will need to contact me before the end of this coming week.

Offline eXt_kill

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Plk_eXt_kill
Who vs Who: 96y vs 56e
Server: Which EIC_1
Date & Time: 18/07 7:00pm BST
Referee 1: Needed
Referee 2: Needed

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Who vs Who: 96y vs 56e
Date & Time: 18/07 7:00pm BST

Can do it.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Main Thread - Started - Week 2
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2019, 11:32:30 pm »
56e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne 3-7 96y Dneprovskiy Pehotniy Polk

Referee: Tardet

Excellent quarterfinal match. Good discipline overall, few rulebreaks. The 56e had the 96y on their toes for the entirety of the first half but a combination of excellent leadership, melee and shooting gave the 96y the clear upper-hand during the second side, granting them a much-deserved victory.

As per usual, the video can be uploaded on my side upon the request of one of the leader, would they want to appeal one or several rounds.

Screenshots

[close]

Offline eXt_kill

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Plk_eXt_kill
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Main Thread - Started - Week 2
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2019, 09:14:44 pm »
Who vs Who: 96y vs 2eFusGre
Date & Time: 30/07 7:00pm BST

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
At this rate, the EIC will hopefully be over in September.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy

From 33rd v 15th a couple weeks back.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
Who vs Who: 15thYR vs 59th
Server: EIC_1
Date & Time: 02/08/2019 7pm BST

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
At this rate, the EIC will hopefully be over in September.
I agree it taking longer than we originally wanted is annoying, but at the end of the day there are only a few matches left and it is the summer after all. We didn't expect it to be over before August honestly.

At the end of the day, the longer the regiments take to complete their matches, the worse it is for them as there are no more roster updates/moves between regiments. So if they take longer they risk losing the strength they entered the playoffs with.

If we aren't onto the next stage by week 2 of August I will set deadlines for regiments to hurry this along.

Spoiler
Plus I move into my new flat on Friday so I would really like to not need to be involved until I have that finished!!!
[close]

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
That's not an argument so to speak, that's more like 'We have no choice so let's just enjoy the fact that it could have been worse'.

There are other regimental competitions in the making Chriseh and having a host unwilling to enforce any proper schedule in his competition is just goddamn awful for the people planning events after, period.

Plus the argument of people losing players due to the event being dragged on for so long barely makes sense. Just look at the 2eFusGre, they got Tibérias, Bessières, Drake and myself joining their ranks for the final phase of the EIC, which makes it hard to call their roster 'weaker' than when they entered the playoffs.

I know you are busy, I'm not putting the full blame of the delay on you either but knowing this competition is going to take an extra three weeks at minimum to be finished, while it could have been already over with a bit more of a commitment from every sides, yeah it's a bit annoying.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
That's not an argument so to speak, that's more like 'We have no choice so let's just enjoy the fact that it could have been worse'.

There are other regimental competitions in the making Chriseh and having a host unwilling to enforce any proper schedule in his competition is just goddamn awful for the people planning events after, period.

Plus the argument of people losing players due to the event being dragged on for so long barely makes sense. Just look at the 2eFusGre, they got Tibérias, Bessières, Drake and myself joining their ranks for the final phase of the EIC, which makes it hard to call their roster 'weaker' than when they entered the playoffs.

I know you are busy, I'm not putting the full blame of the delay on you either but knowing this competition is going to take an extra three weeks at minimum to be finished, while it could have been already over with a bit more of a commitment from every sides, yeah it's a bit annoying.
I think you miss understand and you are blowing it way out of proportion. My wording I guess could have been better but I wasn't necessarily going for a A* essay.

Posting about "hopefully this will be done in September" even though there are 3 matches left including the final itself, 2 of which are scheduled for within the next week is just inciting bullshit arguements for no reason, just like we are having now. Thanks.

Plus I literally just said, we never expected it to be finished before August anyway. My message about me being busy has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the hosting of the league and what it entails, my name is not Phoen!x. It was more for the reffing and streaming of the final so I didn't mind them taking an extra WEEK so I can be there. Like I said before though that was my poor wording and probably shouldn't have added it.

I know you are busy, I'm not putting the full blame of the delay on you either but knowing this competition is going to take an extra three weeks at minimum to be finished
This is just assumption. Once the 2 semi final matches are completed within the next week, then the final will take place within a week after. Not September. Not fucking halloween, 2 weeks from now. BING 2ND WEEK OF AUGUST.

Like I said previously, the matches are already scheduled and as per the rules if they don't show up they get a forfeit and we play the final within a week, its that simple.

Irrelevant. This tournament and 3 matches left do not have any affect on tournaments up and coming unless there is a league outstanding that I haven't heard of, which is very rare. I am already aware of the tournament that Kaide wants to host once this is completed but as 59th are a participant in EIC anyway it doesn't really matter. Is there anything stopping people from putting up a thread and taking sign ups? No. Only their own frame of mind.

If your reason for posting this is because you are afraid it will overlap with your tournament on the 24th, thats very far fetched considering you could have looked above your post and saw the scheduling for both matches outstanding and frankly you could have messaged me on steam instead of posting this on FSE.

Anyways to summarise, people had messaged me asking about deadlines for the Semi finals and I told them first week of August. As I previously said we expected the tournament itself to be finished by the second week anyway.

I'm watching you Tardet...  :-*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:28:37 am by John Price »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Main Thread - Semi Final
« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2019, 11:53:42 am »
I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I'm simply pointing this could have been finished before if you had showed a bit more commitment in hosting your own tournament and enforcing the schedules beforehand Chriseh. And you know I am not the only one thinking that way, far from it.

When talking about the 'three weeks', I was including this week aswell. It's a good thing you are now willing to make sure people respect the deadlines, but it's still a bit late. Call it a bullshit argument if you like, for me it makes perfect sense.

You mentioned the tournament wasn't supposed to finish before August but I am pretty sure that's not the case. I will try to see if I can dig down the thread and find mentions which suggest the contrary, but assuming you are right, then thinking it's normal to have a competition lasting for four months is showing some poor organizing skills. While it's true that the EIC is nowhere near what happened last RGL, I don't think you are the best person to call out Phoenix for his lack of involvement, considering how careless you have been in the last stage of this EIC. Credits to you if you don't intend to use you being busy as an excuse, but the point still stands.

Your comment about the end of the EIC being completely irrelevant regarding other tournaments about to be hosted shows either a complete stubbornness in ignoring the reality of facts, or a poor understanding in tournament scheduling conflicts. Kaide's revival of the Champions League has been something which has been mentioned for quite sometimes, but knowing that we have to wait for the EIC to finish + a certain time for regiments to take a well-deserved break, there is absolutely no point in hosting a sign-up page now. You are out of mind if we think we can have two major 1v1 LB events hosted back to back with the current state of the community.

My tournament on the 24th (which actually is happening on the 25th) has nothing to do with this actually, it's purely groupfighting teams based and hosted purposely after event times so I'm not worried at all about this specifically.

At first when I answered your first post, I was slightly annoyed that you were taking things so carelessly and acted like everything was fine but I didn't mean to make it that big of an argument. But by the content of your answers, it seems clear that you just gonna continue with your behavior of 'I have done nothing wrong' like in past tournaments you hosted. I hoped that if the criticisms were coming from a long time friend, you would understand they might be justified. I will know better for next times.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:03:36 pm by Tardet »

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 3 - Main Thread - Semi Final
« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2019, 12:41:45 pm »
I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I'm simply pointing this could have been finished before if you had showed a bit more commitment in hosting your own tournament and enforcing the schedules beforehand Chriseh. And you know I am not the only one thinking that way, far from it.
Of course. Nobody is denying it could have been done sooner. The tournament could have been done in 3 months but if regiments agree with eachother to play in a timeframe and it doesn't cause an issue for the tournament at this stage then honestly I do not see the problem, other than your afformentioned point about it becoming an issue for future tournaments.

At the same time though if people feel that strongly about it, then they should say something. This is the first 'complaint' I have had. Most reg leaders have just been messaging me the questions and then discussing with me.

When talking about the 'three weeks', I was including this week aswell. It's a good thing you are now willing to make sure people respect the deadlines, but it's still a bit late. Call it a bullshit argument if you like, for me it makes perfect sense.
Fair enough. My bad for miss understanding.

You mentioned the tournament wasn't supposed to finish before August but I am pretty sure that's not the case. I will try to see if I can dig down the thread and find mentions which suggest the contrary, but assuming you are right, then thinking it's normal to have a competition lasting for four months is showing some poor organizing skills. While it's true that the EIC is nowhere near what happened last RGL, I don't think you are the best person to call out Phoenix for his lack of involvement, considering how careless you have been in the last stage of this EIC. Credits to you if you don't intend to use you being busy as an excuse, but the point still stands.
Where are you getting this from I am confused? Like obviously I have been involved in the tournament, but what has there been that requires posts on the FSE page? The schedules are up, servers are up, everything is ready... Could I have been better? Probably. But I still feel you are making a bigger thing out of it than it actually is. Nobody has mentioned this before to me. Any reg leaders I have spoken to have been with regards to scheduling and once thats done my involvement is limited...because there is nothing to do outside of helping arrange a referee?

You are the first person to really log a complaint about this. So if it is a problem that people are really concerned about then they should TELL ME...

thinking it's normal to have a competition lasting for four months is showing some poor organizing skills.
Well that depends on the format. Which in essence is probably a little too long however we wanted to give it a test run this season. We can't change it mid season so...heign sight 20/20 I guess.

When you think of the fact that there are 10 matchweeks alone for the group stage, then yes its going to take at least 3-4 months. Could we have done it in 3? No. Unless we rushed regiments to play multiple matches a week which wouldn't fly for alot of them.

You are out of mind if we think we can have two major 1v1 LB events hosted back to back with the current state of the community.
I completely agree with you 100%. However I don't understand where this is really a fault of mine though... When Kaide brought it up to me on steam I straight up asked him not too as the community would need a post-summer break after the very long EIC season. Although I guess it is a fault of us in terms of the format but everyone signed up knowing what it was going to be. Perhaps we could have split a 3rd group though, however considering 6 teams dropped out I think we made the right choice.

My tournament on the 24th (which actually is happening on the 25th) has nothing to do with this actually, it's purely groupfighting teams based and hosted purposely after event times so I'm not worried at all about this specifically.
Whoops! I read the sign up deadline not the tournament start on your thread ;D

At first when I answered your first post, I was slightly annoyed that you were taking things so carelessly and acted like everything was fine but I didn't mean to make it that big of an argument.
I mean.. I'm not sure if its a language breakdown or what but I just genuinly didn't understand what you were trying to get at, now I understand a little more.

But by the content of your answers, it seems clear that you just gonna continue with your behavior of 'I have done nothing wrong' like in past tournaments you hosted.
Well this is a little annoying to read honestly. Multiple times I have apologised for the issues with last season yet it still doesn't seem to satisfy people. Then people wonder why I have developed a 'who fucking cares' attitude. I guess it is the internet after all...

EDIT: Fixing spelling :'(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:07:04 pm by John Price »