Author Topic: North and South - 1.1 Download  (Read 68148 times)

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
  • Side: Union
Re: North and South - 1.1 PATCH released!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:02 pm »
Apparently, in 1.1 all sharpshooter rifles have 1.0 Sharps rifle's stats. I wonder if that doesn't hurt the balance, as sharpshooters were already very strong in 1.0. Also, all weapons seem to load faster than in previous version, is that true?
Buck n' ball now has worse accuracy, I appreciate this. New German and Polish voices are also nice, but they are only for cheering, sadly. Commands like forward or follow me are still spoken in English.
In general, looks like a really cool update, thanks for making it  :)

As all weapon stats are the same besides the Buck n' Ball the sharps are actually less op then they were. Their scoped springfield (accuracy of 92) was removed from use and replaced with the Kentucky rifle (accuracy of 87).

The Kentucky Sharps and the 1st Michigan Company K are equipped with either the Kentucky rifle (accuracy of 87) or the Hawkin Rifle (accuracy of 88). They are also equipped with either a Tomahawk or Bowie Knife (both have equal stats). The 1st Cherokee Scout and the private for the C.S. Reserve Troops are both equipped with the Kentucky rifle and are therefore classified as Sharpshooters.

The 1st US sharpshooters are equipped with the sharps rifle and a knife. (knife can't block and the sharps rifle was nerfed).

So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Ukima
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »
Love the new weapons and units and all. Especially love the natives and U.S. sharpshooters. The U.S. sharpshooters have a Sharps rifle, and if I recall correctly that's a breech loading weapon? Why does it load like a muzzleloader then? I also had hoped you would have fixed the breech loading animation for the cavalry's carbines. They load like lever-action repeating rifles, which is just weird. Can't you just let them be breech loaders. I know those are advantaged to rifled muskets, but it would be more realistic. In the end it's all about tactics and finding a way against them.

The sharps are in since 1.0 and working the same.

In warband, you have a crossbow animation, which was replaced with muzzle reload and
Bow animation = revolver reload.

If you would assign the pistole animation to the sharps, they would be able to reload while moving. This would ban the unit in line battles. Beside that, they would need bad accuracy, to avoid them to be a OP unit.
Thats why they have the crossbow (muzzle load) animation, so they cant move while reloading.
You can take their support company and use the sharps carbine, to be able to run while reload.

So its a balancing reason as well as gameplay limits of warband.

IF you are able to make a breechloading animation yourself and if you are able to get such hardcoded files like crossbow/bow changed, I will add your suggestions ;)

For breech loading animations you could maybe try and contact the people over at Blood & Iron or Anglo-Zulu war. Maybe they can help you? But I'm suspecting you already did that. Did not know it had to do with the restrictions of Warband. Is it not possible to add a new animation? If not, then I hope they fix this in Bannerlord...

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »
For breech loading animations you could maybe try and contact the people over at Blood & Iron or Anglo-Zulu war. Maybe they can help you? But I'm suspecting you already did that. Did not know it had to do with the restrictions of Warband. Is it not possible to add a new animation? If not, then I hope they fix this in Bannerlord...

It has nothing to do with the animation itself, we could use the breechloading animation of Blood & Iron of course. But Blood and Iron using the crossbow animation scripts for their breechloaders, since they have no muzzle loading rifle. While we are using the crossbow animation scripts for the muzzle loading rifles.

Like I said, there are 2 types of weapon animations: Crossbow (rifle) and Bow (pistole). Blood and Iron uses Crossbow (breechloader) and Bow (pistole) ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:13:28 pm by Hinkel »

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 08:11:39 pm »
(...)
Everything seems clear now, thanks
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »

It has nothing to do with the animation itself, we could use the breechloading animation of Blood & Iron of course. But Blood and Iron using the crossbow animation scripts for their breechloaders, since they have no muzzle loading rifle. While we are using the crossbow animation scripts for the muzzle loading rifles.

Like I said, there are 2 types of weapon animations: Crossbow (rifle) and Bow (pistole). Blood and Iron uses Crossbow (breechloader) and Bow (pistole) ;)

Don't they have winchesters too? They work differently I believe. Is it perhaps possible to import the sling from Viking Conquest and use that? Sorry, not a programmer or modder, so I'm probably saying stupid things  :P

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »

Don't they have winchesters too? They work differently I believe. Is it perhaps possible to import the sling from Viking Conquest and use that? Sorry, not a programmer or modder, so I'm probably saying stupid things  :P

There is no winchester in Iron Europe, but there are winchesters in Anglo Zulu.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:22:07 pm by TheDoctor »
--Burnout

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:47 pm »

There is no winchester in Iron Europe, but there are winchesters in Anglo Zulu.

I was talking about Blood & Iron, not Iron Europe. There are revolvers, winchesters and breech loaders in Blood and Iron. Old America 1860 has revolvers, repeating rifles, breech loaders and muzzle loaders. Maybe they could check how Gabrilduro did it? I really think you should go for historical accuracy, and then see how you can balance.

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 11:35:06 pm »
Well most of it is historically accurate, one loading animation for 1 gun is not going to cause the devs to release an entire new patch. As Hinkle has to deal with WoR and some other things this will be the last update for NaS (at least for a while).
--Burnout

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 05:32:40 am »
10/10 would fund if it could be funded

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 11:14:08 am »
I will upload the mod on steam workshop later today!
Would be great, if we would have some public play on 1 server in the evening, to encourage new guys to try it out!

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 03:49:27 pm »
I will upload the mod on steam workshop later today!
Would be great, if we would have some public play on 1 server in the evening, to encourage new guys to try it out!

Sure thing the Union_Army_Public will try to have a few admins on and i'll do a couple of announcements in the steam groups

Offline Julianator1515

• Donator
  • kk_IR_Nr19_OLt_Julianator (Leader)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Julianator
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 12:21:22 am »
Hinkel, good Job!

Offline Emperor_Palpatine00

• Volunteer
  • Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [14thNYSM_Pvt_Manus_George
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 02:29:04 am »
When I downloaded the patch, all the characters were messed up.. How do I fix that?

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 03:58:43 am »
We attempted to fix the broken bear glitch while also fixing up some old ones. If your face was messed up you will just need to find the beard you use to have (it might have moved) or just make a new one. The beard problem is better but still not fully working
--Burnout

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 11:38:37 am »
i've updated the weapon stats post to reflect the changes made in 1.1, hope it clears some things up for people.

When I downloaded the patch, all the characters were messed up.. How do I fix that?

that shouldn't happen because we never touched the character creation stuff between the patches.

We attempted to fix the broken bear glitch while also fixing up some old ones. The beard problem is better but still not fully working

it's a warband problem introduced in a game update some time ago, before 1.0 and during development of 1.0 (when we added some new ones) the beards were fine. once again, there was no change to character accessories between versions, not only to keep people's characters from before, but so that they're compatible with the new B&I characters (NaS uses the new B&I hair, and B&I uses the NaS beards).
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!