Author Topic: TJR: The Jacobites Rising[M]. 43rd Highlander pg. 78  (Read 153728 times)

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Jacobite's Rising
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 10:41:15 pm »
That's the time I was hoping for. I know it's realllly early. But will there be a clan reserve thread when you get the mod ready?

Not at this time yet, but hopefully withing 4-5 weeks that will be looked at

^^He's Right^^

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 11:45:29 pm »
Also to add that the friendly Sir_Audiate has agreed to manage the regimental lists :)

^^He's Right^^

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 12:10:15 am »
Also to add that the friendly Sir_Audiate has agreed to manage the regimental lists :)

That I have. I'm excited for this mod, I've got my regiment mostly on-board with it now. :D

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 12:13:23 am »
That I have. I'm excited for this mod, I've got my regiment mostly on-board with it now. :D

That is good too hear.  Will be looking to fighting with you on the battlefield in the future. :)

^^He's Right^^

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:06 am »
I call dibs on clan MacDonald :)

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:44 am »
No dibs to be called yet ;) plus there is more than one MacDonald Clan :P

^^He's Right^^

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
  • Side: Union
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »
That is true, lots of clans are, my family are Macleod of Lewis, not Macleod of Harris and Dunvegan. But the difference is, Macleod of Lewis took 500 men to support King George, lead by Norman Macleod. And the Harris side took 150 for the Jacobites.

They both fought each other in the Battle of Culloden, it was only an hour battle, but It changed the hole war.

Offline Sanderos25

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CPL Batavii
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:22 pm »
Koning-stadhouder?

Just 'Oranje boven!' might be a better shout  ::)
Yes Koning-Stadthouder, Willem the Third was Stadtholder of the Republic of the Seven United Provinces(not counting Drenthe) and King of England and Scotland. The Netherlands didn't become a monarchy untill Napoleon made it one(Kingdom of Holland) and King Willem the first became king of The United Kingdom of The Netherlands.. and there was no 'Orange Above' yet, that only developed in the mid-20th century, even the Korean wars the shout was still 'Voor Juliana'(Queen at the given time), I actually did my research and have this information from the Rijksmuseum(Imperial Museum) in Amsterdam

You best call thousands of re-enactors and tell them they are wrong.

Geuzen are said to use 'oranje boven', its even used in a 19th century song.
I really question 'Voor juliana'. Even in world war two, even now, we say 'long live the Queen', never with a name.

Oh, and when you do historical research, try using a museum that's centered around history instead of Dutch art;)

Funny enough this museum replied to me they have a list of regiments that actually participated in the Irish Jakobite wars with some uniforms. They did indeed redirected me to the Military Historical Museum of Leiden. Don't know how much you know of our Imperial Museum, but it has a lot more then just art.. that's why the Van Gogh- and Rembrandt- Musea are just 2 streets down from the Imperial Museum, wait there is an entire museum district there.... they also gave me a list of receipts of the British Gouvernment paying these regiment's upkeep and describing their tasks... I do know how to get information... so please let me do it.. if you want to do it, sure go ahead, if you find something we are happy to take your findings into account, but don't just go around the forums and complain to people that are actually taking an effort into contacting those that study these era's....
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:39 pm »
That is true, lots of clans are, my family are Macleod of Lewis, not Macleod of Harris and Dunvegan. But the difference is, Macleod of Lewis took 500 men to support King George, lead by Norman Macleod. And the Harris side took 150 for the Jacobites.

They both fought each other in the Battle of Culloden, it was only an hour battle, but It changed the hole war.
Youll be amazed the amout of Scots that fought for the Hanoverien Brits

^^He's Right^^

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:18 pm »
Koning-stadhouder?

Just 'Oranje boven!' might be a better shout  ::)
Yes Koning-Stadthouder, Willem the Third was Stadtholder of the Republic of the Seven United Provinces(not counting Drenthe) and King of England and Scotland. The Netherlands didn't become a monarchy untill Napoleon made it one(Kingdom of Holland) and King Willem the first became king of The United Kingdom of The Netherlands.. and there was no 'Orange Above' yet, that only developed in the mid-20th century, even the Korean wars the shout was still 'Voor Juliana'(Queen at the given time), I actually did my research and have this information from the Rijksmuseum(Imperial Museum) in Amsterdam

You best call thousands of re-enactors and tell them they are wrong.

Geuzen are said to use 'oranje boven', its even used in a 19th century song.
I really question 'Voor juliana'. Even in world war two, even now, we say 'long live the Queen', never with a name.

Oh, and when you do historical research, try using a museum that's centered around history instead of Dutch art;)

*snip*

I don't recall me asking any question on regiments.

Please give me the full story on those warcries no-one (except apparantly an art museum) has heard of. You can do so by PM, to keep this thread clean. Especially on the non-existence of 'oranje boven'.

Side note, please stop calling it the Imperial museum. The proper translation is State Museum. The Netherlands is not an empire, nor has it ever been.

Edit: Found the thing I was looking for:
It's a document from 1813 - long before the mid 20th century, I say...
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:31:40 pm by Duuring »

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 02:20:26 pm »
Gosh, Get Two Dutch people together and it's like a jacobite and a williamite  :P

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:38 pm »
Gosh, Get Two Dutch people together and it's like a jacobite and a williamite  :P

Oranje boven, oranje boven, leve de koning(in)...

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 03:50:10 pm »

Side note, please stop calling it the Imperial museum. The proper translation is State Museum. The Netherlands is not an empire, nor has it ever been.

Hah, Duuring is wrong here. Though I suppose that a mistake once in a while is OK. :P
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »
Where am I wrong?

(also, my sincere apologies to the team for the off-topic discussion. I PROMISE to let it rest after MaHuD explains himself  ::))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:06:38 pm by Duuring »

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 04:24:10 pm »
Empire is niet alleen een Keizerrijk, het betekent ook Rijk en wat is de website van onze overheid? Iets van http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/ ? Of wat dacht je van het Nederlands-Koloniaal-Rijk / the Dutch Empire :P

Tevens hoeft een Empire niet persee een Keizer/Emperor te hebben, maar mag het ook een Koning/King zijn :)
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?