Author Topic: World Red Cross Day 2016  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
World Red Cross Day 2016
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:58:58 pm »

As I personally am Volunteer for the Rescue Service of the German Red Cross I would like to bring today's international Red Cross Day to your attention.  The Red Cross has provided medical and basic help in the name of humanity all over the world since 1863. The Red Crescent Movement is also showing that most people in countries characterised by Islam share the same values.

Humanity - Impartiality - Neutrality - Independence - Voluntary Service - Unity - Universality

Let us all remember the hard work and long time it took to etablish these values as international standards - the Red Cross will allways stay with them. 17 million volunteers strong.

To give you an idea on how much the Red Cross is doing every year I've brought some numbers for you:

- 26.2 Million conflict-affected people are given access to clean drinking water - every year.
- 1.4 Million children under the age of 5 are vaccinated
- 20.8 Million People donate Blood
- 4.3 Million people were given household essentials
- 3.3 Million people receive goods to help them etablish a better livelihood
- 9.1 Million people received food.
- 160.7 Million people are given access to long-term services and development programmes
- 110 Million people are reached by disaster response every year

Members of the Red Cross have also taken an incredible important part in the quick medical response to the terror attacks that hit Europe over the last months - risking their own life to safe others. My highest respect and congratulations to all of them!

http://ifrc-media.org/interactive/everywhere-for-everyone-8-may-2016/

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:01:10 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: World Red Cross Day 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »
What's your role in the Red Cross?

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:55:56 pm »

Trolling.

Nah jk.

Nice ted. Ure one of the few who care about others.
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:30:59 pm »
I think there are plenty of people who do, they're just not the most frequent commenters on FSE.
I might do some work with the Red Cross/MSF internationally, but I need some money first. Also depends on the specialty I go into etc, but it's the plan.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 03:18:17 pm »
I think there are plenty of people who do, they're just not the most frequent commenters on FSE.
I might do some work with the Red Cross/MSF internationally, but I need some money first. Also depends on the specialty I go into etc, but it's the plan.

^ Exactly. There are many people who are active as volunteers with the Red Cross, the Maltesians, any other Emergency or Healthcare Service and many smaller Fire Departments. But most of the people here on FSE tend to define themselves more about their "rank" in a virtual regiment and their "knowledge" of memes instead of what they do in reallife. Sad but true.
Help is needed everywhere at any time though, I reallyl iek your approach Tiki :D

Being with the Emergency Service (I hate motorcycle accidents....) and securing festivals etc. by providing medical support.

Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »

^ Exactly. There are many people who are active as volunteers with the Red Cross, the Maltesians, any other Emergency or Healthcare Service and many smaller Fire Departments. But most of the people here on FSE tend to define themselves more about their "rank" in a virtual regiment and their "knowledge" of memes instead of what they do in reallife. Sad but true.
Help is needed everywhere at any time though, I reallyl iek your approach Tiki :D

Being with the Emergency Service (I hate motorcycle accidents....) and securing festivals etc. by providing medical support.

Oh wow!

Well i only know two guys who  are active in the red cross.in my perspective there are just a few lol.

@tiki
Well you dont need money to help others. There are thousands of other ways of helping each others.
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 06:16:58 pm »
No, I mean money so I can live back in the UK etc (or elsewhere I guess).
I do currently volunteer with the local ambulance service as a community first responder, going on call to respond to red calls (chest pain, difficulty breathing etc) with an AED, O2 tank etc, but I mean properly go abroad to help in disaster zones etc. That kind of stuff I'd need to have a good couple of years under my belt, and that's assuming that I go into Emergency Medicine. Who knows, I might have changed my mind by that point, but we'll see what the wards do to me starting in June. I may have also just decided that I'd rather have a life than do Emergency Medicine or work for an NGO, but we'll see.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 07:56:34 pm »
I may have also just decided that I'd rather have a life than do Emergency Medicine or work for an NGO, but we'll see.

This.... lol
>>Scenes<<

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 04:48:20 pm »
Wish Humanity could be more united, this movement always does good.
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »

Trolling.

Nah jk.

Nice ted. Ure one of the few who care about others.
D-did...Did he... say something what makes sense and its not a meme? 

Nice from you Ted