Author Topic: The best napoleonic wars regiment in history?  (Read 17262 times)

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The best napoleonic wars regiment in history?
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2019, 06:56:32 pm »
hard choice to really make my top 5 in no particular order would be 91st, 92nd, Nr24, 17e and 14e

Just from back in the day those regiments always stuck in my head, for performance and achievements
17e led by Posh or your 17e? Also I personally think that the 84e was equal or even better than the 14e.
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2019, 07:11:21 pm »
hard choice to really make my top 5 in no particular order would be 91st, 92nd, Nr24, 17e and 14e

Just from back in the day those regiments always stuck in my head, for performance and achievements
17e led by Posh or your 17e? Also I personally think that the 84e was equal or even better than the 14e.

would never mention my regiment or any other along those legends ^^

Idk 84e definitely was a beast in its prime as well but the the 14e did manage to beat them in the NWL

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2019, 07:15:18 pm »
Ignore him Herishey he wishes he was an absolute unit like me xD

Anyways,

I think if we talk about achievements 84e tends to get forgotten but they achieved and brought so much to this community.

That being said even with my bias of 84e being my first reg I would put 14e ahead just because they were consistently a contender for a very long time. 84e really fell off towards the middle/end of NW'S prime.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:18:36 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2019, 07:32:40 pm »
I mean 84e and 14e were very closely matched but I Feel like the same as you, due to their consistency 14e goes above them.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2019, 11:11:20 pm »
9y
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2019, 11:48:59 pm »
The best regiment of all time has to be the 92nd.   

Reason #1
The dominance on both EU and NA from there competitive side.  At one point in time both these sides of this one regiment were number one in there respected communities.  Whether that be through leagues or outside of leagues. 

Reason #1.25

So I classify the best regiment of all time as being one that was dominant on both EU and NA sides of the community.  The reason for that is because neither NA or EU are above one another so by having a regiment that is balanced in that way stands out to me as a fair reason for it being the "Best Regiment in NW". 

K thanks 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:52:48 pm by PapaBean »

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2019, 11:53:21 pm »
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2019, 12:36:53 pm »
The best regiment of all time has to be the 92nd.   

Reason #1
The dominance on both EU and NA from there competitive side.  At one point in time both these sides of this one regiment were number one in there respected communities.  Whether that be through leagues or outside of leagues. 

Reason #1.25

So I classify the best regiment of all time as being one that was dominant on both EU and NA sides of the community.  The reason for that is because neither NA or EU are above one another so by having a regiment that is balanced in that way stands out to me as a fair reason for it being the "Best Regiment in NW". 

K thanks

So best line regiment in NW. Very specific. The K-KA in its day could nonce anything on horse or line and decimate with cannon or with melee.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:03 pm »
Wtf I love Kaide now

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2019, 02:36:51 pm »
K-KA cav got first in the 2nd league - they were pretty good, but not that good
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2019, 03:29:25 pm »
I think what Kaide means is combined there was no regiment that also that those three detachments that could win also combined.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2019, 03:44:59 pm »
I think what Kaide means is combined there was no regiment that also that those three detachments that could win also combined.

Yup. The K-KA sadly disbanded before we (59th) could face them in the brigade cup. Though we often fought in events. We ended up winning beating the 33rd and 77y in the final with the 15YR. Though it would have been very interesting to face the K-KA. I hosted competitive NW events multiple times a week for many years and I really enjoyed playing with and against the K-KA Cav. Only the 59th and 33rd had the model of a balanced regiment of three companies consisting of Line, Light and Cav. Both the 59th and 33rd did have Guard companies before getting Cav though.

What I admire about the K-KA is that they didn't have the infrastructure that the 77y, 59th and 33rd had. They didn't have great public servers like 33rd Siege or Napoleonic Wars Role Play or great youtubes like Malakith to get them going. Yet they managed to keep alot of recruits and great level of skill.

Does anyone know if it was a very loose connection of regiments in a brigade? or an actual organised and central leadership? Was it like the 77y after Mal, where every company was basically its own autonomous company or like the 59th and 33rd with a very centralised command system and hierarchy.

Wursti

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »
Bring Malakith, Diplex and Aldemar back  :'(

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2019, 03:55:04 pm »
In terms of community all the K-KA regiments used to speak to one another, play games, etc but in terms of leadership generally speaking it was more loose. There wasn't meetings after every event with all the detachments or whole brigade trainings.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »
The best regiments in roughly the correct order

2. 91st
3. 92nd
1. Nr.24
4. 17e
5. 14e
6. 22nd
7. 84e
8. 77y
9. 5pp
10. 15th_YR