Author Topic: Corrupted map file?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Corrupted map file?
« on: July 01, 2021, 12:57:12 pm »
I tried to load a map this morning and it just loads an empty map as though nothing as been edited

Hosting the map via a local server, the console gave the error: unable to find find ground_paint_saved_magic for sco scn_mp_custom_map_X

Doubtful anyones come across this error - I never have. But I assume the map is unusable now

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Re: Corrupted map file?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 01:08:55 pm »
I tried to load a map this morning and it just loads an empty map as though nothing as been edited

Hosting the map via a local server, the console gave the error: unable to find find ground_paint_saved_magic for sco scn_mp_custom_map_X

Doubtful anyones come across this error - I never have. But I assume the map is unusable now
Never come across this before, but if you want send me your sco file and scene code and I'll see if I can figure it out

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:18:34 pm »
Never come across this before, but if you want send me your sco file and scene code and I'll see if I can figure it out

That would be much appreciated, though I've just opened the file in a text editor and seen the format seems messed up compared to other map files, so think it's pretty much lost now. Here it is in anycase:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu628lbfw4wx7yr/scn_mp_custom_map_19.sco?dl=0

Spoiler
Code
scn_mp_custom_map_19 mp_custom_map_19 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000320000000000fffff000000000000000000003c55 
 outer_terrain_steppe
[close]

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »
So good and bad news, it's not exactly corrupted, but it's also not present... in other words, what you have contains 0 props and items, yet 242kb of data...
prop list
[close]
I suspect what's happened is at some point the game files have reset, which is backed up by the scene code you have- this is identical to the default for custom maps except a differing outer terrain- unless this is intentional, I'd have said the correct scene code was missing.
To summarise, I'm sorry to say but the file you uploaded is not usable as a map :(

As you also have been receiving an error when loading this file I also wonder if there's more to it, I'd suggest backing up your game files and running verify game cache through steam to reset everything to default. I didn't receive the same error when loading in. Hope this helps, and sorry again to be the bringer of bad news.

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 02:45:26 pm »
damn, too bad I didn't back it up - I've got to remake it

I edited the ground textures yesterday  - and given the error message I think that's what messed it up somehow. Odd though as I had already edited the ground texture before that

Going to back up the map before editing any ground textures this time

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 03:06:49 pm »
damn, too bad I didn't back it up - I've got to remake it

I edited the ground textures yesterday  - and given the error message I think that's what messed it up somehow. Odd though as I had already edited the ground texture before that

Going to back up the map before editing any ground textures this time

Is that the real Aternox hahah - Ben from Thomas'?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?