Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars > The Anglo-Zulu War

Saving AZW

<< < (3/7) > >>

Audiate:
 The problem is a lack of admins. The game alone can't manage the players, so there's a big demand for admins to swap players to the British side, as the Zulus work relatively well being bots: if there's 10 Zulu players and 100 British bots, it's pretty clear who's going to win.

I'd recommend an administrator system for official servers, if there even are any.

Ardagh:

--- Quote from: Sir Audiate on March 24, 2013, 05:16:40 pm --- The problem is a lack of admins. The game alone can't manage the players, so there's a big demand for admins to swap players to the British side, as the Zulus work relatively well being bots: if there's 10 Zulu players and 100 British bots, it's pretty clear who's going to win.

I'd recommend an administrator system for official servers, if there even are any.

--- End quote ---

We don't admin any server other than the 58th_Official. The rest are non-official.

Audiate:

--- Quote from: Ardagh on March 24, 2013, 08:45:55 pm ---We don't admin any server other than the 58th_Official. The rest are non-official.

--- End quote ---

Then perhaps an official server or two should be organized with admins assigned similarly to the NW system?

Affjoris:

--- Quote from: Sir Audiate on March 24, 2013, 08:50:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ardagh on March 24, 2013, 08:45:55 pm ---We don't admin any server other than the 58th_Official. The rest are non-official.

--- End quote ---

Then perhaps an official server or two should be organized with admins assigned similarly to the NW system?

--- End quote ---

Well the thing is that extra servers cost money and its not that easy to get a free server, especially when its for a mod because that means people need to actually put work into setting the server up.

Audiate:

--- Quote from: Affjoris on March 28, 2013, 07:52:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sir Audiate on March 24, 2013, 08:50:38 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well the thing is that extra servers cost money and its not that easy to get a free server, especially when its for a mod because that means people need to actually put work into setting the server up.

--- End quote ---

We already have working servers for AZW, why can't someone dedicated to the success of the mod host a public server? I know many people with powerful servers in their possession. I know there would be someone willing to do it. The thing is, will they want to do it when the developers don't want to work on the mod anymore?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version