The Lounge > Historical Discussion

The Classical Age

(1/2) > >>

Desparin:
So this thread will (hopefully) contain any and all discussions pertaining to the classical world. Be this from minor skirmisher or great campaigns that helped form the world as we know it today, to social and political reforms and ideas brought about by the innovations of great men (and women) of the time. Maybe even a discussion on the finer points of military tactics and strategy?

Feel free to discuss whatever you like with a tongue in cheek attitude.

Now lets enjoy this spectacle like the mindless Plebians that we are!

Menelaos:
I'll make some posts about Caesar and his Gaul campaign later.

Desparin:

--- Quote from: Menelaos on November 12, 2012, 04:26:14 pm ---I'll make some posts about Caesar and his Gaul campaign later.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, already thinking of the siege of Alessia and the good old tactic of circumvallation xD

Doctor Scherzando:
Claudius bringing Roman civilization to the Britons, Hannibal's near-takeover of Rome, the Punic Wars, the Phoenicians founding Carthage, Marian Reforms, *system overload*.
So much to talk about here, it might as well be its own subforum.

Rogov:
Hmmm, dunno where to start... :P Circumvallation is pretty awesome though, as is classical siege craft in general.

The Roman engineering at the Siege of Masada was also pretty badass.

And I always found it rather funny that the Rhodians beat back Demetrius I of Macedon and his Helepolis (clearly the dude was not well endowed by the Gods :P) then melted it down to make the Colossus of Rhodes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version