Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars > The Anglo-Zulu War

Units and weapons of the Anglo Zulu war mod.

<< < (21/24) > >>

Scrat555:

--- Quote from: Willhelm on January 31, 2013, 02:46:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Scrat555 on January 31, 2013, 01:42:45 am ---
--- Quote from: James Grant on January 31, 2013, 01:32:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Scrat555 on January 30, 2013, 02:05:53 am ---What about a choice between two guns: the Faquharson (for accuracy and damage) and a very nerfed Vetterli (for speed and close-quarters, make it like the Winchester the cav gets).
Neither would be wholly better than the other that way, just suiting different play-styles. I personally would choose the Farquharson for sniping, but my friend could choose the Vetterli for close-quarters bang-bang.

What do you think of that idea? That way you can have both destinctive Boer guerilla types.

--- End quote ---

The only uniformity amongst the Boers was that they had none. The Boer unit has a very good range of weaponry suiting their style.

This is how is has been done and will not be changed, thanks for your concern.

--- End quote ---

What are the weapons you gave them, just out of curiosity?

--- End quote ---

All the martini henry variants including the swinburne
farquharson
westley richards "monkey tail"
snider enfield
winchester
double barreled shotgun

James is mistaken, we decided against the vetterli on the grounds that 2 repeaters would be over powered. The weapons are random meaning you can't choose which you'll spawn with.

--- End quote ---

What about you lower the option count, but make it by choice, not random?
That way people who want accuracy but slowness can get that with the Farquharson, people who want up-close buckshot can get that with the shotgun, people who want firepower but inaccuracy can get that with the Winchester, and people who want intermediate fire-arms can get the Henry-Martini, Snider, Westley-Richards, etc.? None of those would be O.P., they would just suit different play styles.

Willhelm:

--- Quote from: Scrat555 on January 31, 2013, 02:56:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Willhelm on January 31, 2013, 02:46:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Scrat555 on January 31, 2013, 01:42:45 am ---
--- Quote from: James Grant on January 31, 2013, 01:32:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Scrat555 on January 30, 2013, 02:05:53 am ---What about a choice between two guns: the Faquharson (for accuracy and damage) and a very nerfed Vetterli (for speed and close-quarters, make it like the Winchester the cav gets).
Neither would be wholly better than the other that way, just suiting different play-styles. I personally would choose the Farquharson for sniping, but my friend could choose the Vetterli for close-quarters bang-bang.

What do you think of that idea? That way you can have both destinctive Boer guerilla types.

--- End quote ---

The only uniformity amongst the Boers was that they had none. The Boer unit has a very good range of weaponry suiting their style.

This is how is has been done and will not be changed, thanks for your concern.

--- End quote ---

What are the weapons you gave them, just out of curiosity?

--- End quote ---

All the martini henry variants including the swinburne
farquharson
westley richards "monkey tail"
snider enfield
winchester
double barreled shotgun

James is mistaken, we decided against the vetterli on the grounds that 2 repeaters would be over powered. The weapons are random meaning you can't choose which you'll spawn with.

--- End quote ---

What about you lower the option count, but make it by choice, not random?
That way people who want accuracy but slowness can get that with the Farquharson, people who want up-close buckshot can get that with the shotgun, people who want firepower but inaccuracy can get that with the Winchester, and people who want intermediate fire-arms can get the Henry-Martini, Snider, Westley-Richards, etc.? None of those would be O.P., they would just suit different play styles.

--- End quote ---

No, there would be 30 men with shot guns or repeaters and it would be OP, we're not nerfing the guns, they're not OP is they're not over used.

Scrat555:
Eh. I personally would choose the Westley-Richards or the Farquharson, but I get what you mean.

kpetschulat:
So, on top of the Zulu's and British, Boer's are going to be their own faction as well?

Hinkel:

--- Quote from: kpetschulat on January 31, 2013, 04:47:50 am ---So, on top of the Zulu's and British, Boer's are going to be their own faction as well?

--- End quote ---

They will become a new class in the Zulu's faction

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version