Author Topic: Brunswickers in British Service 1810-14  (Read 12146 times)

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Brunswickers in British Service - Now Including Riflemen and Hussars!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »
Dey has some dank ass black suits boi. Great moves, keep it up, proud of u.

Offline Manfried_Wulf

• First Lieutenant
  • Ich bin Raus!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chakuza
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Brunswickers in British Service 1810-14
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »
Great skins but some reason the hussars shako doesn't have chin straps enabled

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 02:40:21 am »
The hussar shakos should have brass chin scales according to the way I configured the brf files for the mini mod. This is the way the Brunswick hussars were uniformed while in British service on the peninsula from 1810-14. Black leather chin straps were worn only by the infantry battalion and rifle companies at this time per the source I used for research. Men at Arms #167, Brunswick Troops 1809 - 1815, color plate C.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:14:31 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Manfried_Wulf

• First Lieutenant
  • Ich bin Raus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 07:31:03 pm »

everything works fine except the straps for me is what i was saying

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 08:57:23 pm »
Ok, thanks for the pic. It looks like a missing texture. I'll fix the download.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 02:18:46 am »
Spoiler
[close]

The missing material and textures have been added to the download package. Copy and paste the mmtextures.brf file from the download onto the Resource folder of your module and copy and paste the texture files Prussrusshats2.dds and Prussrusshats2_s.dds from the download into the Textures folder of your module. This should correct the problem.

Offline Manfried_Wulf

• First Lieutenant
  • Ich bin Raus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 02:44:36 am »
Thanks mate.

Offline Al Bundy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 11:56:54 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

The missing material and textures have been added to the download package. Copy and paste the mmtextures.brf file from the download onto the Resource folder of your module and copy and paste the texture files Prussrusshats2.dds and Prussrusshats2_s.dds from the download into the Textures folder of your module. This should correct the problem.

Good morning/afternoon/evening @Blitz_craig,

I'm simply in love with your Black Brunswicker models! Would it be possible for you to release separately the Braunschweig Lauenberg'sche Jagers (Which replace the KGL 5th Battalion Infantry)? I'd like to keep the 95th Rifles (Given their animosity towards the Brunswickers, I enjoy seeing them both out in the field; then you have the Sharpe's effect) and 1st KGL Hussars. If there's a way to accomplish this with the pack you already created, can someone run me through the steps? If you're unable to create a separate pack, I understand. Thanks for creating this one and hearing me out.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 12:33:19 am »
Good morning/afternoon/evening @Blitz_craig,

I'm simply in love with your Black Brunswicker models! Would it be possible for you to release separately the Braunschweig Lauenberg'sche Jagers (Which replace the KGL 5th Battalion Infantry)? I'd like to keep the 95th Rifles (Given their animosity towards the Brunswickers, I enjoy seeing them both out in the field; then you have the Sharpe's effect) and 1st KGL Hussars. If there's a way to accomplish this with the pack you already created, can someone run me through the steps? If you're unable to create a separate pack, I understand. Thanks for creating this one and hearing me out.

You can undo the mod's implementation of the Brunswick Jagers Rifle company and Brunswick Hussars in your Napoleonic Wars module by using the Open Brf software.

Openbrf (Download Link)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72279.0.html

Open the resource files mmbritishunforms.brf and select and remove all the Brunswick Hussar and Riflemen resources. Now remove the x-  prefix from the names of all of the KGL Hussars and British Riflemen resources. Do the same to the resources in mmbritishhats.brf except don't do anything with the rifle berets.  Finally, select all the rifle beret resources in mmbritishhats.brf and change the material to read "British_hats". Save your changes when prompted. Now reload the module and the KGL Hussars and 95th Rifles should be back in the game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:54:00 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Al Bundy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 01:09:22 am »
Thank you, sir! However, it just dawned on me, would this work with Parrot's Enhanced Module installed?

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 01:50:38 am »
This mod as released assumes you are changing the vanilla game. If you have a another previous mod installed this mod will overwrite all the BRF resource files listed in it's download package. If Parrot's mod contains a lot of uniform resource changes that you want to keep, then it is probably not compatible with it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:02:40 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Al Bundy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »
You are absolutely correct. I just made a bold attempt at modifying the files with OpenBrf and the end result was not by any means of the imagination spectacular; luckily I backed up my files! Regardless, thanks for these wonderful skins. I can tell from just the images you poured your heart and soul. Perhaps one day someone will update Parrot's Enhancement Mod.

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NW: 1stFG || BCoF: 83rdPA
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2022, 05:23:46 am »
Not sure how much this will help, but is there anyway  I can get an updated version of this skin for the version version of NW?

Thanks.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2023, 11:38:06 pm »
Not sure how much this will help but is there any way I can get an updated version of this skin for the version of NW?

Thanks.

This mod is only fully compatible with the version of Napoleonic Wars before the final patch was done. If you are familiar with the Open brf file software that allows you to add and make changes on how uniform textures and materials are allocated in the game, you can attempt to implement it manually. However, I would strongly suggest not implementing the infantry which requires you to make many changes to how the trousers of several units of multiple factions are assigned. It was a pain for me to do this with the older version of Napoleonic Wars and I am not sure if it is even still possible now. Just putting the Brunswick Hussars into the game should be fairly straight forward as there are not a lot of shared resources in that particular unit of the British faction.

Offline Argie

• Sergeant Major
  • 1st GLI is King x3
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ArgieTheGreek
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2023, 12:58:53 am »
yo, may i take the textures of this to make a Sacred band skin? I would need to edit them a bit but still would help if i took the basic design from here :)