Author Topic: 78th Highland Regiment of Foot "Ross-Shire Buffs"[Recruiting Mature Players]  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
  • Side: Union
78th Regiment of Foot "Ross-Shire Buffs"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrzILmVl9Y[/youtube]

Ranks
Recruit-Rec
Private-Pte
Lance-Corporal-LCpl
Corporal-Cpl
Serjeant-Sjt
Pipe Serjeant-PSjt
Company Serjeant Major
Regimental Serjeant Major

Officers:
Officer Cadet-OCdt
2nd Lieutenant-2Lt
Lieutenant-Lt
Captain-Capt
Major-Maj
Lieutenant-Colonel-LtCol
Colonel-Col

Band Ranks:
Drummer-Drum
Piper-Piper
Drum Corporal-DrumCpl
Pipe Corporal-PCpl
Drum Serjeant-DrumSjt
Pipe Serjeant-PSjt

Drum Major-DrumMaj
Pipe Major-PipeMaj

A Brief History of the Regiment:
The 78th Regiment of Foot (after 1796 sub-titled the Ross-shire Buffs) was a Highland Infantry Regiment of the Line raised in late 18th Century Scotland for service against the French during the French Revolutionary Wars. The Regiment later led to involvement in worldwide military activities in countries such as India, Egypt and South Africa. The regiment is most well known for its involvement in the Siege of Lucknow. Their deeds were commemorated by poets such as John Greenleaf Whittier and Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
Today there is a re-enactment Regiment and the 78th Highlanders (Halifax Citadel) Pipe Band stationed at Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada, Halifax, Nova Scotia, where the original 78 Regiment were stationed for three years (1869-1871).

On 7 March 1793, Francis Humberstone MacKenzie raised the "78th (Highland) Regiment of Foot". Francis Humberston Mackenzie was chief of the clan Mackenzie and a descendent of the earls of Seaforth. (Its associations were all with the clan Mackenzie and it bore no relationship to the earlier 78th Fraser Highlanders that fought at Louisbourg and Quebec under Wolfe in the French and Indian War.)

During the French Revolutionary Wars, just a year after they were formed, the 78th found itself at the defence of Nijmegen in the Netherlands (1794). About the end of October the 78th proceeded to Arnheim, the Duke of York’s headquarters, and thence, by a night march, to Nimeguen, against which place the French were erecting batteries, On the 4th of November a sortie was made, when the 78th was for the first time under fire, and did such execution with the bayonet, as to call forth the highest encomiums from experienced and veteran officers. The loss of the regiment in this engagement was Lieutenant Martin Cameron (died of his wounds) and seven men, killed; wounded, Major Malcolm, Captain Hugh Munro, Captain Colin Mackenzie, Lieutenant Bayley, 4 sergeants, and 56 rank and file.

The 78th arrived in Halifax on the afternoon of May 14 aboard the HMS Crocodile. A total of 765 men disembarked in full dress uniform. The Regiment was divided into two depots and eight service companies, consisting in all of 34 officers, 49 sergeants, 21 drummers, 6 pipers, and 600 rank and file.
For two years, the regiment spent its time billeted at the Halifax Citadel and at Wellington Barracks (the latter at present-day CFB Halifax). Each summer, men from the regiment camped at Bedford to practice musketry at the military range.
On their departure in 1871, a farewell ball complete with a musical tribute was composed in their honour. It was hosted by the famous brewmaster and then Grandmaster of the Masonic Lodge of Nova Scotia, Alexander Keith.
On November 25, the regiment set sail for Ireland on board the HMS Orontes. With them went 17 young Nova Scotian women who had married members of the regiment.

Applying to the Regiment
Code
Ingame name:
Steam name:
Are you of Scottish Descent:
Past regiments:
Melee skill (scale from 1 -10)
Shooting skill (scale from 1 -10)
Will you be active?

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Reserved*

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
Good Luck!

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
Best of luck!

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
Good luck.

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Nice thread and good luck. Hopefully you'll stay with this reg, Stefiboy ;)

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
Good luck lad :)

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline plyuto518

• Private
    • View Profile
Good luck :D!

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
Apperently I am the first to take the time to read your thread, how were the 78th involved in the Anglo-Zulu war. Sorry couldnt find it in your thread. Only information on their activities in Europe

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
Good luck One day we will fight on the Field Xd

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1781.0

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Good luck One day we will fight on the Field Xd

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1781.0

Oh i Forgot, Can i use you're Roster Formation?

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
Apperently I am the first to take the time to read your thread, how were the 78th involved in the Anglo-Zulu war. Sorry couldnt find it in your thread. Only information on their activities in Europe
i didn't see that the japs were in the zulu war , sorry jap- african nationality fought for the zulu don't be a fanny infamous.

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
i didn't see that the japs were in the zulu war , sorry jap- african nationality fought for the zulu don't be a fanny infamous.
Hehe, Lol Japs fighting for Africans.
Oh That's Funny.

Hey Charles, Good Luck with your AZW regiment.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
You too lad ignore any nasty comments k ;)

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
Well, it wasn't meant as a nasty comment, considering i was just asking. I only said that I couldn't find any information on any stuff about them in the Anglo-Zulu war, it was meant as constructive criticism. Maybe Stefiboy can add some to improve the thread.