Author Topic: War of 1812: Suggestions  (Read 25113 times)

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
Re: War of 1812: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 02:42:39 am »
The 5th Maryland were a state militia regiment and not a part of the regular US Army and were therefore not subject to it's regulations concerning national and regimental colors.

so is that a no for the star spangled banner?

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 03:26:13 am »
The 5th Maryland were a state militia regiment and not a part of the regular US Army and were therefore not subject to it's regulations concerning national and regimental colors.

The mod will stay the way it currently is with respect to flags.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:30 am »

The mod will stay the way it currently is with respect to flags.
k

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:11 pm »
As you know, the Americans had indian allies during the war as well (Choctaw, Cherokee, and Muscogee) will be seeing a unit or two as a possibility to bring some balance?

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 11:51:56 pm »
As you know, the Americans had indian allies during the war as well (Choctaw, Cherokee, and Muscogee) will be seeing a unit or two as a possibility to bring some balance?

Yes, you are correct but if you look at the amount of the native presence on the US side, it is dwarfed by the amount of support the British were given. That is the reason we did not include them as a unit available to the US faction. Encroachment into native lands was far more of an issue in the more populous United States than it was in British North America. Most Native tribes saw their interests as aligning with the British who also wanted to slow the westward expansion of the US. If you look at the numbers referenced on the War of 1812 Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812 the strength of British native american support was over 10,000 and only 143 Choctaw and unknown amounts of other tribes for the US. You will have to read the sources referenced on the Wiki notes to get a fuller explanation of these numbers.

Also, it is very unlikely that we will be adding further units to the mod since the size of the module is already over the size of the vanilla module and a further significant size increase risks making it unstable during game play. Additional textures required for new units take up a lot of space when compared to other things like maps.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:02:06 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 01:00:04 am »
The many hats of US Militiamen:
Spoiler
[close]
Edit: In conjunction with USADominic's suggestion to add more hats for the militia.

Edit 2: Also, the USA victory song is the star spangled banner. This was written in 1814. A better choice may have been Hail Colombia which was composed in 1789. It was used in the United States as a de facto national anthem for most of the 19th century.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:37:22 am by KurassierNixon »

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 02:27:56 am »
Oooh, I'm gonna check if the song was suggested on the Steam music suggestion discussion thread.
It was not, added to main discussion thread OP.

I would like to see variety of hats for the Frontier Militia as well than just the top hat currently. The slouch hat option for the Rifleman is a nice start.
It would be great also if the U.S. militia units of New York, Pennsylvania and perhaps the 5th Maryland? Had variety hats.
The U.S. Mounted Rangers I am not entirely sure but overall I like the suggestion to make the militia units more unique.

In other news I took note of all units and gloves and which units perhaps should have gloves where a certain unit currently does not have any.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:26:28 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »
Hey all

So here are the hats I'd like to see for militiamen/frontiersman in the US faction. I know there is a lots of tricornes, hats but I think these would be the for historical hats.

I know tricornes weren't that popular by the 19th century, but they were still used in that time. Especially by the common frontiersman, hunters. For like a militiamen, I could imagine a simple back fur tricorne, OR a brown one or with that cockade. It would be so cool to have more "unique" customization for the units.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:09:55 pm by ThePatriot98 »
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 06:24:43 pm »
We do have a new fur cap for the militia and expanding use of the slouch hat is something we might do. As far as tricorns are concerned, you will probably have to wait for one of the American Revolution mods to finish.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:26:56 pm by Blitz_craig »

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »
We do have a new fur cap for the militia and expanding use of the slouch hat is something we might do. As far as tricorns are concerned, you will probably have to wait for one of the American Revolution mods to finish.
and what about the victory song? No problems with changing it?

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 07:12:05 pm »
and what about the victory song? No problems with changing it?

US Navy is working on it.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 07:29:11 pm »
After breakfast I'll work on it.
EDIT: Working on it right now.
Added, it is now an optional win1.ogg instead in the upcoming patch. Instrumental version. At 30 seconds in for 3-4 seconds/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:53:54 pm by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »

Yeah, only problem I do not see any American Revolution mod except the singleplayer one made by Gabrilduro. :(
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:09:40 pm »
I don't understand why we have to wait when many mods use tricorns eg persistent frontier

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 09:14:27 pm »
The OSP mod Age of False Innocence has the headwear, but it's from the Seven Years' War era (French Indian War in North America)