Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60608 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2018, 09:49:36 pm »
probably bama, clemson, ND, and georgia this week.   personally, the loser of that game should be out of the top 4 unless both OSU and OK lose.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:54 pm »
OSU needs OK and Georgia to lose, if that happens then I think they have a good chance. if Georgia beats bama I think bama will drop to 3 or 4 and still get in. if Georgia loses then OK gets in? if OSU loses, then just lol

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2018, 05:01:10 am »
OK barely beat OKSU we beat the "Number 1 Defense in the Country" and we all know damn well Georgia finna get clapped by bama

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2018, 05:05:58 am »
OK barely beat OKSU we beat the "Number 1 Defense in the Country" and we all know damn well Georgia finna get clapped by bama

Don't remind me.

Signed,
An Oklahoma State Fan

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2018, 09:13:10 am »
would be great to beat 0U again. got tickets this Saturday for the game. Hook 'em!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »
not too suprised at the top 4.   im not sure 3, 4, 5, or 6 are at the same level currently as the top 2.  each one has their issues.   

i guess we will see how well those teams travel. 

i wonder if this will start the discussion to expanding the playoff to 8 teams.(i think the odds would of been a lot higher had georgia got in over OK)  personally, i think it should of been 8 teams since the beginning, if not 6.  it would of avoided so many of the issues like can 2 teams from one conference get in, leaving one or more conference champions out, or basically preventing any team like UCF of ever having a chance to play in the playoffs. 

on another minor note, i am glad Georgia didn't get in.   i wouldn't of felt like seeing another Georgia bama game. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2018, 07:10:30 pm »
not too suprised at the top 4.   im not sure 3, 4, 5, or 6 are at the same level currently as the top 2.  each one has their issues.   

i wonder if this will start the discussion to expanding the playoff to 8 teams.(i think the odds would of been a lot higher had georgia got in over OK)  personally, i think it should of been 8 teams since the beginning, if not 6.  it would of avoided so many of the issues like can 2 teams from one conference get in, leaving one or more conference champions out, or basically preventing any team like UCF of ever having a chance to play in the playoffs. 

on another minor note, i am glad Georgia didn't get in.   i wouldn't of felt like seeing another Georgia bama game.

6-8 teams would be interesting but make a bit easier for teams to get in and therefore maybe less competitive? idk. sad my longhorns couldn't win, we had a great fumble recovery at the end then a safety. kms. yeah georgia vs bama again wouldn't be as hyped

Oatmeal

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2018, 07:50:36 pm »
I don’t think it would be any less competitive if there were more teams in the playoff. There are a handful of snubs every year

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
I don't get the argument for Notre Dame in. Yea theyre undefeated but theyre also independent and hardly played anyone really good besides Michigan, the first game of the season, which would have looked better if Michigan had beat Ohio St but they got beat pretty handedly sooo... Im pretty confident Notre Dame would get whipped by any of the other top 6 teams. Like I just cant see them beating Georgia or Ohio St in a head to head yet theyre 3rd and those two teams are out.

I was thinking the cfp could be expanded to 12 teams. The top 4 teams would automatically get to the quarterfinals while the rest of the 8 teams would have to play eachother to advance to a quarter final spot. That way theres still some incentive to be in the top 4. But then you have other issues like where you would fit all those games in with the bowl schedule so idk. 

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2018, 08:15:27 pm »
CFP but it's march madness and has 68 teams! /s

Expanded playoffs is a must in the years to come. I think it would be great to see teams like UCF and Notre Dame play real opponents to see if they really deserve their ranking when you have OK/UGA/OSU that deserve the spot more imo.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2018, 11:45:16 pm »

6-8 teams would be interesting but make a bit easier for teams to get in and therefore maybe less competitive? idk. sad my longhorns couldn't win, we had a great fumble recovery at the end then a safety. kms. yeah georgia vs bama again wouldn't be as hyped
yea, i watched that.  pretty bad safety.  he never saw it coming.

I don’t think it would be any less competitive if there were more teams in the playoff. There are a handful of snubs every year
agreed.  one can argue that the first teams left out of the 8, 10, 12 whatever are snubbed, which is true, but at least those teams aren't conference champions. 

CFP but it's march madness and has 68 teams! /s

Expanded playoffs is a must in the years to come. I think it would be great to see teams like UCF and Notre Dame play real opponents to see if they really deserve their ranking when you have OK/UGA/OSU that deserve the spot more imo.
im not against them moving more in that direction.   march madness is a great success.  i agree that ND to me is probably the weakest of the 4 teams.  i would put OK ahead of them. 

and marksman, 12 teams wouldn't be bad imo.  5-12 play in the first week or so of the new year, maybe before, and then the next week the winners play the top 4.  as for ND, im not sure they could beat OK, georgia, or Ohio state.  they never really seemed that impressive when i watched them.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2018, 03:19:55 am »
who does clemson play?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2018, 04:40:35 am »
who does clemson play?
ND.    OK vs bama

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2018, 04:41:32 am »
Sugar Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia (Jan. 1)

I may be Texan but let's go Dawgs  ;D
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2018, 07:52:25 pm »
Sugar Bowl: Texas vs. Georgia (Jan. 1)

I may be Texan but let's go Dawgs  ;D

You aren’t Texan anymore.

Will be a tough game for sure. I thought Georgia vs Ohio state was going to happen tbh