Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars > Modifications

What comes up with creating your own mod? Read here!

<< < (2/2)

Willhelm:
Don't really like the emphasis on teams in this tutorial, it almost says you should get a team who can do everything while you sit back and command them. Screw that, just learn to do it all yourself, no one else will want to see your vision come to life as much as you, they won't work as hard as you on it, and they will be unreliable. Most mods you see which are dead are because they spent months saying "I couldn't find a coder/modeller/texture". In that time they could have learnt all those skills.

Gokiller:
Well everyone obviously has its own way of developing a mod, when you just don't have the time to learn those new skills a team might be come in handy. Apart from that most mods have teams instead of just one guy.

You, Docm and even myself are examples of persons who don't use a team and rather make the mods in our own. However unlike you and Docm I can't model/texture myself. And use OSP's to fill that gap.

It's not that I say "you need a team otherwise you can't create a mod". It's more just a way to do it.  Probably should change that a bit.

Willhelm:
Yeah, I'm not saying never have a team, just don't rely on a team.

Joseph Graham:
Having read through what has been posted here (and browsed through the OSP section that you linked to) I might pursue a little project during my break before university. Cheers!

Josh Faraday:
You should have an team for it alone it is quite hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version