Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic [MMO]  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic [MMO]
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 04:26:24 am »
We are still gaming
This thread is beyond is best by date

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 05:01:01 am »
We are still gaming
This thread is beyond is best by date
We are still gaming
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 05:13:06 am »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 05:33:50 am »
I'm not a big fan of MMOs but I thought about giving it a try. Perhaps when I get the money so I can start as something decent. Haven't played an MMO since Elder Scrolls Online and even that bored me

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 06:10:29 am »
I'm not a big fan of MMOs but I thought about giving it a try. Perhaps when I get the money so I can start as something decent. Haven't played an MMO since Elder Scrolls Online and even that bored me
This was my first MMO and I started last week and finished Bounty Hunter main story and I'm at level 68 now, only bought sub at level 58 to get past level cap. Definitely try this and don't be worried about not having the subscription your not missing out on anything that will affect you in the early game.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic [MMO]qqqqqq
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 02:32:48 pm »
It is just another mmo so you might get bored. But it does have a great story and worth a shot if you like Star Wars
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:59 pm »
This was my first MMO and I started last week and finished Bounty Hunter main story and I'm at level 68 now, only bought sub at level 58 to get past level cap. Definitely try this and don't be worried about not having the subscription your not missing out on anything that will affect you in the early game.
Kristine no-life’d this game harder than anyone ever. It’s quite an amazing feat.

But yeah Midnight you should play. It’s free and you don’t need to spend any money to beat the story. It’s only for convenience things. It is one of my favorite games ever and it’s the only MMO I have really played.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 09:17:45 pm »
Kristine no-life’d this game harder than anyone ever. It’s quite an amazing feat.

But yeah Midnight you should play. It’s free and you don’t need to spend any money to beat the story. It’s only for convenience things. It is one of my favorite games ever and it’s the only MMO I have really played.

I shall ponder

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 08:23:06 am »
Update

I started playing and I'm surprisingly really enjoying it so far. The only big thing I notice with the lack of a subscription is the crafting hindrance. Without a sub, or buying cartel coins, you can't really craft well on one character as you're locked to only one crew skill as opposed to three. Other than that I really like the game

Skaen

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 10:40:35 am »
Is it only PvP or also vs AI? I wold love to play this game but not really PvP
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:43:28 am by Skaenn »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 04:39:43 pm »

From what I've experienced, you don't have to pvp. You can go through the entire story PvE

Skaen

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 05:42:32 pm »

From what I've experienced, you don't have to pvp. You can go through the entire story PvE
Dayum that's awesome, I know this game doesn't have anything related but is it the same with Elder Scrolls Online? I wanted to try these two games but with these games I like to on the relaxed pace and not having to think "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die" if you understand what I mean.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 05:45:26 pm »

Dayum that's awesome, I know this game doesn't have anything related but is it the same with Elder Scrolls Online? I wanted to try these two games but with these games I like to on the relaxed pace and not having to think "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die" if you understand what I mean.

I haven't played ESO enough to really answer that question. I tried getting into a few times after being an OG beta tester, but I couldn't

Skaen

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2021, 05:52:18 pm »
Oh alright, that's okay. I guess I'm gonna do some research on google about it hehe.  ;D

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »
Update: I just completed Chapter 1: Sith Warrior and I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed myself so far. The focus on story rather than just pure grinding I think is what sets this apart from other MMOs for me. Aside from the crafting hindrance of being a F2P player, my only other complaint is the lack of customization/adaptability when it comes to lightsabers. You want to change your crystal? Either you need to grind for a while on crafting, which I wouldn't mind if I wasn't locked to only 1 crew skill for being F2P, or spend ass loads of money on the GTN on a crystal you might not be able to use as only subscribers get artifact authorization. I wish any lightsaber based class could use any combination of lightsabers they wish, but I understand there are abilities that go into each class that uses each type of lightsaber. I just find it dumb how you can only use one kind.

Despite my minor gripes, I still enjoy myself and definitely recommend it to anyone else who has been iffy about MMOs in the past.