Author Topic: Napoleonic Total War 3  (Read 30606 times)

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Total War 3
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:50 pm »
Hello everyone. The most recent version v3.7 has been released making it fully stable.

Here are a couple of links to the updates and past versions:

http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=15105

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?616628-NTW3-Patch-v3-4-and-v3-7-Released

If anyone would like to start up a MP Campaign with me then just add me on steam or DM me on here: williamainge or Davout

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2013, 10:09:28 pm »
I liked this but the fact that 90% of the shots miss at point blank range and the infantry moves like zombies breaks it for me. Othervise, fu*king epic scale and units!

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2014, 09:31:04 pm »
The NTW3 community is probably the most grumpy chunk of people I have ever met... I asked how to raise the musket accuracy and they just started insulting...

"This is not COD you stupid teenager..."

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2014, 09:38:48 pm »
Where did you ask them this?

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »
Doesn't the guy make an awesome argument in his first paragraph?

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 10:13:14 pm »
Probably you forget the weather conditions,the weapon conditions,the lack of knowledge of the common "soldier".
Is the rain going to freeze the bullet mid air? Most battles were probably fought in fairly normal european weather. It doesn't take a genious to figure out how to load and shoot a musket.

I'm not the only one who thinks the accuracy is way to shit to be realistic.

Just look in the comments of .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:16:26 pm by Wismar »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2014, 10:29:48 pm »
I can tell why they don't take you seriously.

You say this in your first post:

What I want is either a patch or an explanation to edit the accuracy so it's more historically accurate.

Trust me, you don't know jack shit compared to these guys. They explained to you countless of times (on this forum and that forum) why the mod is the way it is, it's Historical realism. There is no point in being stubborn when you're wrong.

Probably you forget the weather conditions,the weapon conditions,the lack of knowledge of the common "soldier".
Is the rain going to freeze the bullet mid air? Most battles were probably fought in fairly normal european weather. It doesn't take a genious to figure out how to load and shoot a musket.

Rain makes the musket unable to fire since it makes the powder in the pan damp (Doesn't take a genious to figure that out).

It does take a lot of skill to reload a musket under stress and anxiety, there are lots of parts like the ramrod, putting the ball in the barrel that take a lot of motoric training to do properly under those conditions. Most soldiers didn't have that training, most had only fired 10 practice shots before they were sent into battle.

It's not even worth explaining to you anymore, either you are simply unable to comprehend or you don't want to.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
again the soldier aspect. Mind that in the video you linked it are fencibles that are shooting that fought a long and probally hard battle before they started shooting at the general+ the general is a moving target. (and because of gameplay sakes the general has alot of hitpoints)
NTW3 was designed for the soldiers to be actual humans and not object that just fire a musket with no other factors.

The people who watch him are mostly M&B people, including me. They are quite united in the thought of the muskets being way to inaccurate.
and scrap that because clearly people on this forum don't agree with you.

The people on the lordz forums give you a pretty damn good reason why accuracy is shit but all you complain about is the musket. (i even noticed your youtube comment you must be desperate to get that accuracy up :p)
All the accuracy in the game has nothing to do with the musket alone. Again i'm going to use your video as example.

These are militia men who already fought several spanish regiments saw all other battalions route or die. + saw people of their own battalion die. Then being tired of the battle they still have to raise a brown bess that weighs roughly 4.5 kg and hold in steady. Then if you watched the video they posted on the lordz forum you would know the bullet was smaller then the barrel so it would 'bounce' around in the barrel. So even if you were aiming straight at your target and you were 100% sure you're aiming dead on his face. There would still be a chance of missing just because of the musket. You only have to be 1-2 minutes into the video and they already raise 2 points why it is so inaccurate.
Back to the video. So your militia is tired and battered by the battle before so it has to shoot 16 men that are 50+ yards away which is the known distance for the musket's accuracy to go really shit.

There is nothing wrong with the accuracy you're just not satisfied.

The NTW3 community is probably the most grumpy chunk of people I have ever met... I asked how to raise the musket accuracy and they just started insulting...

"This is not COD you stupid teenager..."
They never said that, they never insulted you. They just said "Do your research before you post such things"

I came here seeking help, but instead I get insults and ignorance. Such a nice community this mod has.

You must be the most grumpy people I have met over the internet, no wonder I never heard about this mod until recently.

There's a reason no one replied after that comment of you because after this they realised it isn't worth getting into argument into you because you don't even read the thread.

+
Don't try to use the youtube comment section as your backing.
Everybody knows that place is full of fucktards.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:06 pm »
I know the rain makes the powder humid but it has nothing to do with range or accuracy. You two say I can't comprehend criticism when Torn call the people who are against him 'Fucktards'. I would call you a hypocrite for that one.

Btw, have any of you actually shot a musket or any other firearm? It really doesn't seem like it.

I keep trying to explain myself on that other forum because they are clearly wrong. They have no idea of how muskets operate just like you.
I don't know why but you but a lot of people here seem to have a fetish for inaccurate things...

When it comes to BCoF, some people seriously expect NW gameplay and NW accuracy for example.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »
I know the rain makes the powder humid but it has nothing to do with range or accuracy. You two say I can't comprehend criticism when Torn call the people who are against him 'Fucktards'. I would call you a hypocrite for that one.

Btw, have any of you actually shot a musket or any other firearm? It really doesn't seem like it.

I keep trying to explain myself on that other forum because they are clearly wrong. They have no idea of how muskets operate just like you.
I don't know why but you but a lot of people here seem to have a fetish for inaccurate things...

When it comes to BCoF, some people seriously expect NW gameplay and NW accuracy for example.
with this I end it because you just have proven to everybody on this forum that you generaly don't read what other people write. Seems like you only read the beginning of Sven's post and the very last sentence of mine.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2014, 10:43:36 pm »
...that place is full of fucktards...

::)

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
...that place is full of fucktards...

Don't try to use the youtube comment section as your backing.
Everybody knows that place is full of fucktards.
Not the people opposing me. jeez again read.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 10:53:23 pm »

Just look in the comments of .

You do realise the majority of people who comment on youtube know close to nothing, and that most comments are about the ability to masturbate to the video. Yet somehow you think these are knowledgeable intellectuals? I back TORN in the fact that most people who comment on YT are idiots.

Yeah you really don't read at all. There are soldiers holding the muskets Oscar, the muskets don't float by themselves in ranks and files commanded by a floating sword.

Musket accuracy in combat is directly linked to the soldiers, which is what we are trying to explain to you.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 10:53:33 pm »

Wow the musket accuracy in this is a joke, the fact they couldn't hit the general from that range. And the artillery does basically nothing even with direct hits. I assume they made it that way for balancing in multiplayer or something? That or they have no idea how weapons of that era work

not very realistic..

Holy shit 27 accuracy for skirmishers, what the hell thats so entirely bad it's not even funny.

Wow this mod really is shit, the fighting is broken.

Realistic? Shouldnt these guys be duying like flies???? I kniw that muskets where inacuarate but at thise ranges whouldnt you just be abble to point it in the general direction of your target? Sry for bad english.

I don't understand how this mod is supposed to simulate realism. During the part where the Spanish had their general directly in front of your fencibles and they fired, only 2 of the staff dropped dead. Over 200 muskets firing into a group of about 20 guys and only two go down? 

Spoiler
[close]