Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 280449 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2985 on: May 14, 2019, 10:30:59 am »
It was a good episode imo, wasn't that bad
Compared to the last few yeah but it's still been a bit stupid in places.

Spoiler
Such as the massive ballista nerfing, Jamie struggling to breathe after the fight with Euron and then being perfectly fine and able to get up to go find Cersei or how they put no ballista's other than on the outer walls and the fleet. I guess the Lannister soldiers never had shields as they didn't expect it to get that far.

I was confused about how there were so many Dothraki as well but apparently according to a few sources half of Daenerys army was hidden/still with the fleet during the battle with the Nightking which if it was true would explain where they came from.
[close]
That was never explained though?

It was almost like poof they showed up out of nowhere.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2986 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:47 am »
Spoiler
1 hour and 30 minutes of my life, which i will never get back :)
[close]

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #2987 on: May 14, 2019, 01:27:28 pm »
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahaha

Ahahahaha
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: May 14, 2019, 03:13:00 pm »
Spoiler
Arya should be dead

Why didn't the NK just obliterate Winterfell as Dany did to King's Landing? It's been established that dragons/wyverns have explosive breath
[close]

Offline Riv

• Sergeant
  • ooga booga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:15 pm »
Spoiler
You know what I think although there are some things wrong with season 8 it's overall been decent. I think there should've been a few more episodes (everything does seem a little rushed) however Dany going ape shit made complete sense. The death of Jaime and Cersei is poetic justice as it's a reference to how Tywin literally buried the Reynes in Castamere, and now it's the Lannisters who are buried under the Red Keep, and the whole point of this episode is to make the viewer question everything they've watched so far. The North is continuously hailed as heroes, fighting for a true cause to rid the 7K from tyranny, yet during the siege, northernmen are raping and killing innocents, showing what war is really like and how what you perceive isn't all true, there are no 'good' guys in war. I think Jaime's character development was actually alright, people were expecting him to redeem himself and do all these things etc, but Jaime succumbed to his weakness, his love for Cersei which was something he could never rid himself of, no matter how hard he tried and was too deep for him to just ignore and this is demonstrated when he goes back for Cersei. Idk I think it was a somewhat realistic reflection of how us humans are flawed, none of that heroic bs. GoT was never the typical 'heroes win in the end' type series, it's (not in all cases) realistic and brutal and demonstrates the unpredictability of the show, it leads you to believe something will happen when in reality it's the opposite. I think people are just angry because the story didn't go their way, which was unrealistic anyway. 

Nonetheless, I think my main criticisms would be:
Too short (feels a tad rushed)
Although I like the unpredictability aspect, I feel like D&D sort of do it just to throw the viewers off because they don't want to follow the books as it would be too predictable
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2990 on: May 14, 2019, 07:56:33 pm »
Spoiler
I just wanted the night king to speak.. like that's all I ever wanted. He clearly made a deal with Crassus, which would require some sort of logic. Oh well

I..-
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #2991 on: May 14, 2019, 08:22:41 pm »
Spoiler
I just wanted the night king to speak.. like that's all I ever wanted. He clearly made a deal with Crassus, which would require some sort of logic. Oh well

I..-
[close]
Spoiler
Well considering Crassus died in Syria I’m gonna assume you meant Craster
[close]
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2992 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:51 pm »
Spoiler

I..-
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
I knew I shouldn't have read that piece on the battle of Carrhae right before I came to post on my favorite forum :/
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #2993 on: May 14, 2019, 09:50:04 pm »
Spoiler

I..-
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
I knew I shouldn't have read that piece on the battle of Carrhae right before I came to post on my favorite forum :/
Poor dude got the Viserys treatment.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 14, 2019, 10:23:36 pm »
Spoiler
Oh yeah another thing I forgot to mention that bothered me was how the Hound and Arya got into the Red Keep without any explanation.
But the show keeps doing that shit now so I'm not sure what I expected.
[close]

Offline Freedom

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2995 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34:59 pm »
Spoiler
I want to throw up after watching Episode 5. Do D&D have a brain tumor? Are they this stupid? First a few ballista's snipe a dragon and now 2354327053207 ballista's can't hit one dragon who is really fucking close? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST like I am actually pissed off

Euron wounding (killing) Jaime for some dumb fucking reason? Dany just losing her shit after she has practically won? Gregor being unkillable? I actually found myself skipping through parts for the first time ever, I was hoping for a decent scene that badly

and wtf did they do with the Golden company? Were they out of fucking budget? THEY EVEN MADE THE CHARACTER SAY THAT THEY BROUGHT CAVALRY BUT THERE WERE NONE PRESENT? That aside, WHY FORM UP AN ARMY OUTSIDE OF THE WALL AGAIN? Could they not have hired a 12 year old Total War player to do the battle scenes? That would have only cost them €10,- and some chocolate

Lannisters are also meant to be the best trained soldiers in the Seven Kingdoms. How did they get butchered so badly? Where are the formations? Where are the shields? Fighting in tight streets against well trained soldiers should be extremely difficult but this all just seemed a walk over?

How were there still so many Dothraki?

I can't even be bothered thinking about more bullshit

It  is almost impressive how inconsistent this show has become. I hope the ratings butcher it. Again, I hope D&D never find a job again after butchering this show that had so much potential

/End rant
[close]
Spoiler
tbh about the golden company it doesnt matter since they made the dragon destroy everything,they wouldve had the same fate inside as well
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 15, 2019, 10:34:28 pm »
Spoiler
Looking at the making-of of episode 5, I grew a little bit more understanding of some of the choices made by the writers, right up to the moment of Daenarys decision to burn shit down. There is absolutely no point in it. I thought the whole point was about whether or not let loose the dragon to fight the soldiers/kill cersei because of possible colleteral damage. But she won her fucking victory, the city surrendered, and yet she decides to just start burning civilians. Not just the Red Keep, not just the surrendering soldiers, but just civilians. You can't say 'Well she said would take what is hers with fire and blood' because she WON. And now, obviously, she lost everything. I mean, what is going to be the subject of the finale? Jon Snow spending 1,5 hour debating people whether or not to stab Danearys in the chest?
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 15, 2019, 11:02:08 pm »
There is an episode 7, after the finale, of "bonus" stuff (the following week after). I think it's going to be post GoT few years down the line to see kings landing rebuilt and see how everything turned out after the ending of the finale. Unless it's just the writers talking about the season, which I hope isn't the case

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #2998 on: May 16, 2019, 12:35:32 am »
Spoiler
Looking at the making-of of episode 5, I grew a little bit more understanding of some of the choices made by the writers, right up to the moment of Daenarys decision to burn shit down. There is absolutely no point in it. I thought the whole point was about whether or not let loose the dragon to fight the soldiers/kill cersei because of possible colleteral damage. But she won her fucking victory, the city surrendered, and yet she decides to just start burning civilians. Not just the Red Keep, not just the surrendering soldiers, but just civilians. You can't say 'Well she said would take what is hers with fire and blood' because she WON. And now, obviously, she lost everything. I mean, what is going to be the subject of the finale? Jon Snow spending 1,5 hour debating people whether or not to stab Danearys in the chest?
[close]
Spoiler
Daenerys in Season 4: "Oh my days! Drogon has just burned an innocent child, I will now have to lock up the others to act as compensation."

Daenerys in Season 8: "Are those fucking bells I hear? Time to turn this shithole into a heap of ash, along with its 500,000 residents to boot!"
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2999 on: May 16, 2019, 09:44:29 am »
A clearly better portrayal of madness than in Lord of the Rings. I totally did not buy that Denethor is mad, but Dany made perfect sense.