Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 279001 times)

Norwegian13

Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2955 on: May 08, 2019, 07:02:26 pm »
I am just not able to accept that your average college student can come up with a better plot than Dumb and Dumber.

Jesus fuck how bad can you be at writing. Every single time they explain character decisions in those videos they upload after an episode aired I can't stop cringing.
+1

Spoiler
"Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet"

[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2956 on: May 08, 2019, 08:02:36 pm »
GRR Martin expressed delight at the various spinoff GoT series being developed by HBO on his blog but if they're anything like 'new' GoT then I'll be disappointed.
Oh, and speaking of television, don’t believe everything you read.   Internet reports are notoriously unreliable.  We have had five different GAME OF THRONES successor shows in development (I mislike the term “spinoffs”) at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely.   The one I am not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the script stage, but are edging closer.   What are they about?  I cannot say.   But maybe some of you should pick up a copy of FIRE & BLOOD and come up with your own theories.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Norwegian13

« Reply #2957 on: May 08, 2019, 08:45:50 pm »
Will he ever finish the next book?

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2958 on: May 08, 2019, 08:49:43 pm »
Will he ever finish the next book?
He probably has already finished Winds of Winter and is just waiting for the show to end or something like that. I fully expect A Dream of Spring to be finished by 2030 though!

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #2959 on: May 08, 2019, 10:49:24 pm »
Finished but he can't do to same standard as other books and please everyone to meet expectations so will never release it.

sound familiar??????????????????????????????????

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2960 on: May 09, 2019, 07:00:35 am »
Atleast he won't subvert your expectations because he thinks that its great storywriting.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: May 11, 2019, 10:53:03 pm »
Jesus, even the actors look dumbfounded and confused. Their performances are great but they look as if it was a complete letdown during the interviews.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2962 on: May 12, 2019, 11:08:06 am »
Again, giving me a Star Wars vibe.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: May 13, 2019, 04:23:16 am »
Predicable as fuck, but massive props to the crew for the shots, quite entertaining.

Spoiler
Regarding Dany, it would seem as if her final straw to going full on bitch-crazy was that Jon didn’t dick her down. Also, she is pretty much guaranteed to fucking die at this point after the BBQ. There is no way in hell she is getting out of this alive.

Turns out Cersei’s prophecy was worth fuck all eh?

Hmmmm, repeating artillery seem to be missing from this episode, wonder where they went...

Clegane bros goes out as they should have. One of the few good things.

Jaime Lannister, a character we watched grow since the very beginning. From cocky asshole to generally cool guy, ends right where he started, what a joke lmao.

Arya’s plot armor was 10/10 here.

Euron never figures out about the baby, leaving that plot twisted and fucked, fantastic.

Grey Worm, as I had foreseen, went apeshit, very good.

Qyburn getting smacked gave me a giggle tho, should get myself checked after that one.

Varys dying was obvious, but I feel as if it was just a tad bit rushed.

Golden Company confirmed useless, should have brought some elephants ya fucking tarts.

In the preview, it would appear as if the Unsullied and Dothraki have miracously regained most of their numbers! How incredibly convenient!
[close]

Bottom line though, disappointing as fuck and without a doubt the greatest downfall of a tv show in recent memory. Haven’t been this badly subverted since Dexter.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:51:11 am by Sgt.Winters »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2964 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:07 am »
i'm done.

Spoiler
if only the golden company had elephants.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:37:12 am by RussianFury »

Offline Ricky.

• Captain
  • le faisan enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Ricky
« Reply #2965 on: May 13, 2019, 04:50:58 am »
Spoiler
What a fucking waste of time that was.
What was the point of danys whole character arc that has been developed over the past 8 season. Absolutely fucking pointless. Jamie didn't redeem himself or overcome any failures he died with Cersei so that arc was also pointless. Why protect Arya with all those layers of plot armour if she's just going to fuck off into the sunset with her new wee horse pal. When are they going to realise that they can't keep pretending that Arya has died with all these shots with rocks falling on her n shit because after 43 of those shots in episode 3 we all know that nothing bad is ever going to happen to her. Cersei done nothing all season no interesting plot twists nothing such a disrespectful ending to a great character. Clegane bowl was also shit and predictable, why throw away all logic in thrones (travel time from the north to KL etc etc) for blatant fan service and some shite wee scrap between two ugly cunts. Euron has to be the most useless character ever. What was the point in him fighting Jamie if he didn't even kill him, but he got to fuck the queen so thats all good I guess. Don't get me started on the Iron Fleet and the Golden Company and you're seriously trying to tell me that all those dothraki, unsullied and northmen lived through the "Long Night". The ballistas that fucking sniped Rheagal and have proven effective time and time again were useless this episode because Dany and Drogon were angry or some shit I don't even think they know. At least half of the character arcs that have been developed over the past 8 seasons have been pissed into the dirt. 8 seasons of great and complex character arcs to ruin them in an hour. The past few episodes I've always tried to look for the good in them, but this episode was honestly the worst thing i've ever seen.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:12:26 am by Ricky. »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #2966 on: May 13, 2019, 05:09:34 am »
Spoiler
i was hoping that Arya would die but she just kept getting back up

The show has turned into one of the most disappointing things have ever seen

But atleast it looked cool
[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:15:44 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #2967 on: May 13, 2019, 06:13:23 am »
I hate this show

Spoiler
1. Like noone noticed Jamie was gone?

2. Dany and Co had a lot of troops for an army that got annihilated by the Night King. Actually prepare the castle for a seige and actually have like shields and helmets and trenches and barricades and have the Golden Company inside the city and archers maybe and the army that's encamped under the walls and etc. Good thing though that Dany made a breech because they didn't have any siege equipment. Have the attackers earn some hard fought victories against the golden company and then we can have the dragon start to take a toll and then have the lannisters start to surrender and the bells start ringing but Dany ignores it or something like that and the killing frenzy begins. Also can't we have Jon Snow stay at the back of his army or whatever and then have the soldiers start to lose order and he has to make the big save and stop the rape or whatever and start to reorganize the men with his lieutenants. 

3. Keep Jamie fighting Euron or whatever but make it so that Jamie is like "I gotta end this" or whatever and have Euron being the one trying to stop Jamie from entering the castle, Jamie still wins etc. Then we get Jamie overhears Cersi tell Qyburn to light the wildfire or something and blow the city but Jamie mercs Qyburn on his way out or whatever then kills Cersi so we get that sweet reference that no one needed to the mad king. Jamie can either succumb to his wounds or gets killed by whatever it doesn't matter. You can even have it so Sandor shows up already so the mountain is distracted.

4. Arya, the indy geek that she is, no selling all the explosions

[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:15:44 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: May 13, 2019, 06:43:56 am »
I hate this show

Spoiler
1. Like noone noticed Jamie was gone?

2. Dany and Co had a lot of troops for an army that got annihilated by the Night King. Actually prepare the castle for a seige and actually have like shields and helmets and trenches and barricades and have the Golden Company inside the city and archers maybe and the army that's encamped under the walls and etc. Good thing though that Dany made a breech because they didn't have any siege equipment. Have the attackers earn some hard fought victories against the golden company and then we can have the dragon start to take a toll and then have the lannisters start to surrender and the bells start ringing but Dany ignores it or something like that and the killing frenzy begins. Also can't we have Jon Snow stay at the back of his army or whatever and then have the soldiers start to lose order and he has to make the big save and stop the rape or whatever and start to reorganize the men with his lieutenants. 

3. Keep Jamie fighting Euron or whatever but make it so that Jamie is like "I gotta end this" or whatever and have Euron being the one trying to stop Jamie from entering the castle, Jamie still wins etc. Then we get Jamie overhears Cersi tell Qyburn to light the wildfire or something and blow the city but Jamie mercs Qyburn on his way out or whatever then kills Cersi so we get that sweet reference that no one needed to the mad king. Jamie can either succumb to his wounds or gets killed by whatever it doesn't matter. You can even have it so Sandor shows up already so the mountain is distracted.

4. Arya, the indy geek that she is, no selling all the explosions

[close]
Spoiler
I'm going to guess that the whole Jaime thing is the catalyst for how Tyrion's story ends. Dany will probably deduce that he was the only one that would have freed Jaime, and this will subsequently lead to our favorite dwarf being killed/exiled/imprisoned. I have a bad feeling that he will be the last victim of the Drogon BBQ though.
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: May 13, 2019, 08:03:43 am »
yeah. wasn't a fan of that one