Author Topic: are we allowing people to mock someone else death ?  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: are we allowing people to mock someone else death ?
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2022, 05:42:57 pm »
>supposedly has everything in life and hasn‘t suffered a single moment in his life
>commits suicide
ok buddy

I wouldn‘t recommend following this comparative logic. Eventually it always leads into a vicious circle of endless 'A is not even that bad if you compare it to X', which leads to nowhere. Hell, equipped with such logic, one might even argue that currently Ukrainians shouldn‘t complain so much about their situation, since there are much more brutal and deadly wars happening around the world, e.g Yemen and Syria. Obviously I would never even think of making such an argument, because it‘d be just stupid and pointless. Though it illustrates how dumb these kind of (never-ending) comparisons are.

I thoroughly believe tragedy, pain and suffering - especially the emotional and psychological aspects - are always to be regarded in their individualistic nature. Meaning to be seen relatively. Suicide should of course never be an option! Taking your own life is the single most drastic and momentous decision a human can possibly make. Lord knows how much personal suffering someone must go through to ultimately be left with no other than this ultimate way in his own sight.

Calling him weak and basically to forbid someone like him to feel such a high level of despair - a level that in his point of view left no options but self-murder - simply because his life looks alright on paper to you is unfair and leaves zero thought for the actual situation the person has repeatedly found himself in. It not just disregards the mental struggle but also completely belittles the dead-end nature of suicide, an aspect anyone actually committing it is definitely aware of.

Personally, I didn‘t know Jones and even though it is always tragic when someone passes away, I did not take part in the abstruse discussion before. But since Marxeil's post has more of a general touch I felt like responding with my thoughts on such a matter. With a clear but necessary maxim: always put yourself in someone‘s shoes before judging him and if you can‘t, then simply don‘t.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2022, 08:44:38 pm »
>supposedly has everything in life and hasn‘t suffered a single moment in his life
>commits suicide
ok buddy

I wouldn‘t recommend following this comparative logic. Eventually it always leads into a vicious circle of endless 'A is not even that bad if you compare it to X', which leads to nowhere. Hell, equipped with such logic, one might even argue that currently Ukrainians shouldn‘t complain so much about their situation, since there are much more brutal and deadly wars happening around the world, e.g Yemen and Syria. Obviously I would never even think of making such an argument, because it‘d be just stupid and pointless. Though it illustrates how dumb these kind of (never-ending) comparisons are.

I thoroughly believe tragedy, pain and suffering - especially the emotional and psychological aspects - are always to be regarded in their individualistic nature. Meaning to be seen relatively. Suicide should of course never be an option! Taking your own life is the single most drastic and momentous decision a human can possibly make. Lord knows how much personal suffering someone must go through to ultimately be left with no other than this ultimate way in his own sight.

Calling him weak and basically to forbid someone like him to feel such a high level of despair - a level that in his point of view left no options but self-murder - simply because his life looks alright on paper to you is unfair and leaves zero thought for the actual situation the person has repeatedly found himself in. It not just disregards the mental struggle but also completely belittles the dead-end nature of suicide, an aspect anyone actually committing it is definitely aware of.

Personally, I didn‘t know Jones and even though it is always tragic when someone passes away, I did not take part in the abstruse discussion before. But since Marxeil's post has more of a general touch I felt like responding with my thoughts on such a matter. With a clear but necessary maxim: always put yourself in someone‘s shoes before judging him and if you can‘t, then simply don‘t.

thank you

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2022, 09:02:13 pm »
>commits suicide
ok buddy

thank you
+1

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2022, 09:23:40 pm »
>commits suicide
ok buddy

thank you
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2022, 09:44:23 pm »
>commits suicide
ok buddy

thank you

+1

@Muha I remember the 82nd with Jones that was some good times a really funny guy.

Shame some people lack even basic levels of respect, if you want to make nasty jokes about it do it with your own friends in your own time, but to post it on a public gaming forum is just sad and disturbing.

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2022, 09:59:57 pm »
I dont think that this topic and this event should have been published on fse. It is a private tragedy and noone should be allowed to publish anything on not related forums like "NWWC Teams" any message even 'rip' messages shouldn't be allowed to post. If you want to press F to show respect then you can do it on FB on his page. Competitive board on fse isn't the right place, so I wouldn't hate on Janne here.
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2022, 10:00:46 pm »
I believe enough has been said here now on both sides of the argument and as has been said before this really isn't the place and you don't know who your posts could affect positive or negative on the subject so I will be locking this now.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.