Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 35896 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ???
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2022, 05:12:31 pm »
As I said then, it's not what NWWC is for. NWWC is designed to be elitist. It is where the best players from each nation come to play against one another. Not a place for everyone.

Also the one year we did that we saw nations like France have two weaker teams rather than one stronger one and make the worst final I've ever seen (no offence FRA 2 you did well to get there but the match was easy). Personal conflicts always come into play and ruin certain teams strength like this with the way the NW community is.

I quite enjoy the idea of having multiple teams per nation, though that for sure comes at the cost of high-level competition, though that could be countered by a similar EGS format by having the 'main' teams be in Division A and the other teams being in Division B, pretty much what Desant put below:

6v6 seems the most preferable, I guess.
But once there was a cool idea to allow making several teams of the same nation. GER1/GER2, FRA1/FRA2/FRA3 etc.
So more people will get involved=more variablity
I agree, they can also be divided into different leagues

Most people would most likely rather play in Division A than Division B, meaning the teams in Division A should in theory be just as strong as usual, except now the bench 'decent' players could be fielded in a second Division B team. It's all fun and games watching the 'best of the best' battle it out, but people also would like to play considering it's going to be the only GF tournament for a long time.
Which FRA would you put in DIV A Elsse,higen or extazz,drake ? one will be less stronger than england like in 2020 and the other will stomp div B

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2022, 05:13:48 pm »
Why not making a 1-day tournament after NWWC with multiple-nation teams ?(in some time, like at summer) And keeping NWWC to what it stood for
ENWC was with multiple teams  ;)
I know but why not host it one more time since there are plenty of ppl interested? Last time it was quite fun and it would please both parties - who stand for classic NWWC and those who want multiple teams

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »
Why not making a 1-day tournament after NWWC with multiple-nation teams ?(in some time, like at summer) And keeping NWWC to what it stood for
I've actually already proposed it to Chicken. We can always host something like M-NWWC with multiple teams after EGS S4 or simply on the next "big break". But to clear it out now, this NWWC will be played in an original format, with one team per nation.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John Kennedy
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2022, 05:16:15 pm »
Spoiler
As I said then, it's not what NWWC is for. NWWC is designed to be elitist. It is where the best players from each nation come to play against one another. Not a place for everyone.

Also the one year we did that we saw nations like France have two weaker teams rather than one stronger one and make the worst final I've ever seen (no offence FRA 2 you did well to get there but the match was easy). Personal conflicts always come into play and ruin certain teams strength like this with the way the NW community is.

I quite enjoy the idea of having multiple teams per nation, though that for sure comes at the cost of high-level competition, though that could be countered by a similar EGS format by having the 'main' teams be in Division A and the other teams being in Division B, pretty much what Desant put below:

But once there was a cool idea to allow making several teams of the same nation. GER1/GER2, FRA1/FRA2/FRA3 etc.

Most people would most likely rather play in Division A than Division B, meaning the teams in Division A should in theory be just as strong as usual, except now the bench 'decent' players could be fielded in a second Division B team. It's all fun and games watching the 'best of the best' battle it out, but people also would like to play considering it's going to be the only GF tournament for a long time.
[close]
Which FRA would you put in DIV A Elsse,higen or extazz,drake ? one will be less stronger than england like in 2020 and the other will stomp div B
it is true, we already know the composition of the teams
Adjudant Kennedy: When I last played with Kennedy, years ago, he couldn’t get a streak of three blocking together. Looking at how much he had improved when I joined the regiment honestly had me speechless. Playing alongside him was a huge pleasure as I’ve hardly saw someone willing to team-play and offering himself so others can take the kills more than he did. He was also an honest figure within the regiment, always saying what he thought without ever sounding mean or arrogant and for that I know he was extremely well appreciated by the other members and also the rest of the NW community. It’s definitely not the place to talk about such things but what happened to him in real-life and the way he reacted to it showed me that Kennedy was certainly one of the strongest person in the regiment and that there is not much capable to take this man down.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2022, 05:17:47 pm »

This, the fact of the matter is in some cases the best players are split between both teams and it is unclear which will do better and if other nations don't end up divided like this the final becomes easy.

Well. I think it's a great time to change nwwc. NWWC is a name that stands for the best of each nation competing against each other for weeks. That means no 1-day tournament and only 1 team per nation. But the rest should be arguable imo.

NW in general lacks professionalism. And although that may depend on personal preferences but NWWC is probably the most prestigious tournament for the absolute top players of this game. So why shouldn't we introduce a more exciting format that remains exciting till the very end. That provides fewer 15-5s but rather close matches throughout. And where is professional broadcasting, where is prize money? Especially with the generation change in big nations such as UK and Germany that is likely gonna happen (unless retired players come back for this) it seems like a brilliant timing. Nearly every sport has had a revolution in their respective world championship. No need to keep things that don't provide the best entertainment for players and spectators.
As for this casting has gotten better over the last few years with every match last year round being recorded or casted just about so we could do stats so not sure where you're coming from there. Prize money is a whole other thing. I've always said I donate 100's of hours of time into these events for everyone I'm not also going to donate 100's of pounds and in the past when we've tried to get donations much like EGS this season you get fuck all from everyone. Which is why EGS currently has no prize pool basically unless DarkTemplar decides to donate all the money himself like he did last year which you can't seriously expect others to do?

Also, you can't be deluded enough to think that at any point M&B will ever have a resurgence or become a better sport. Sure you can make things better but it's hardly worth putting much effort or money into based on the fact it won't cause any real interest or growth in the community.

EDIT: Also M-NWWC isn't off the table, I used to host 1 day 5v5 tourneys every 6 months as part of the NWWC series as I'm sure you know but these ended up being less popular so I started skipping these and generally just doing the normal ones but if someone wants to host these again they are perfectly welcome to do so. The issue with 1 day tournaments is you don't have a great deal of time normally to train with your team or to compose it.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2022, 05:25:01 pm »
Well. I think it's a great time to change nwwc. NWWC is a name that stands for the best of each nation competing against each other for weeks. That means no 1-day tournament and only 1 team per nation. But the rest should be arguable imo.

NW in general lacks professionalism. And although that may depend on personal preferences but NWWC is probably the most prestigious tournament for the absolute top players of this game. So why shouldn't we introduce a more exciting format that remains exciting till the very end. That provides fewer 15-5s but rather close matches throughout. And where is professional broadcasting, where is prize money? Especially with the generation change in big nations such as UK and Germany that is likely gonna happen (unless retired players come back for this) it seems like a brilliant timing. Nearly every sport has had a revolution in their respective world championship. No need to keep things that don't provide the best entertainment for players and spectators.
As for this casting has gotten better over the last few years with every match last year round being recorded or casted just about so we could do stats so not sure where you're coming from there. Prize money is a whole other thing. I've always said I donate 100's of hours of time into these events for everyone I'm not also going to donate 100's of pounds and in the past when we've tried to get donations much like EGS this season you get fuck all from everyone. Which is why EGS currently has no prize pool basically unless DarkTemplar decides to donate all the money himself like he did last year which you can't seriously expect others to do?

Also, you can't be deluded enough to think that at any point M&B will ever have a resurgence or become a better sport. Sure you can make things better but it's hardly worth putting much effort or money into based on the fact it won't cause any real interest or growth in the community.
Well that matches are even covered is indeed a success but apart from small exceptions the quality was meh.

I never said I expect anybody to put in all the 7€ he earns, but it's simply a fact that without prize money you wont create that big of an interest.

And NW will and could have never become a big thing. But I truly believe that if hosts would have had more courage when the player base was still more existant, we would talk about a lot bigger scene now.

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2022, 05:28:03 pm »
A teams just fear to be beaten by their B teams  8)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2022, 05:28:33 pm »

Well that matches are even covered is indeed a success but apart from small exceptions the quality was meh.

I never said I expect anybody to put in all the 7€ he earns, but it's simply a fact that without prize money you wont create that big of an interest.

And NW will and could have never become a big thing. But I truly believe that if hosts would have had more courage when the player base was still more existant, we would talk about a lot bigger scene now.
NWWC has been one of the biggest tournaments for years in terms of player base even though we only allow one team per nation and we've never had a prize pool so I'm sorry to say but I think you're wrong. These tiny little prize pools we see other than the odd NW tournament haven't generated much extra interest and people quite simply are not going to donate £300+ to most tournaments in a dead/dying game.

Yes in most cases coverage will be a bit meh, but that's going to be the case always. There are a lot of matches going on over the course of a week in some cases 12-15 hour long matches you can't expect streamers to cover all of these when NW is such a dead game. People simply won't want to cover them all and if they do what benefit do they get, a cheeky 40 views?

It's an easy thing to say whilst being a part of the community yourself, also not stepping up isn't it. :)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2022, 05:29:20 pm »

Admins can ban such players from playing in division B, as is done on the EGS

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2022, 05:29:48 pm »
NWWC is for the best players of each nation to go up against each other. Having essentially B and C teams compete is pointless. Especially when you have people playing for a second team and third team that would in no way shape or form get into the top national team. And having it done all on 1 day is a bad idea, as the community is older now, people have responsibilities outside of NW, and could miss the thing entirely. Doing a league as NWWC has always done, gives people the chance to field their best teams on a given day. Making it better competition and more enjoyable imo. Nice to see this being picked up again though, always love an NWWC, one of the very few things that will make me play NW currently.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2022, 05:30:43 pm »

It just encourages division and as I've said before is not the purpose of NWWC, I've said it many times but if someone else wants to step up and host a league 2/rookie NWWC they are more than welcome, but let me guess once again no one will want to do it themselves? ;)

Offline Chuckster

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2022, 05:33:54 pm »

3 France/England team in League 1   :-*

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2022, 05:41:45 pm »
Spoiler

3 France/England team in League 1   :-*
[close]
putaine  :-[
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:43:29 pm by MarxeiL »

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2022, 05:45:48 pm »
Not much room to reinvent the format if we are to continue the long NWWC tradition, atleast not regarding the formats or setup. It will all come down to the organisation level and the media/contacts of it.

Potential M-NWWC later on, more fun-centered. We can have both and keep the essence intact.

Honestly, no more than one team in the main one. Can't have it all guys!
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2022, 06:06:35 pm »
Not much room to reinvent the format if we are to continue the long NWWC tradition, atleast not regarding the formats or setup. It will all come down to the organisation level and the media/contacts of it.

Potential M-NWWC later on, more fun-centered. We can have both and keep the essence intact.

Honestly, no more than one team in the main one. Can't have it all guys!
I agree the NWWC format has room to branch out in more fun tournaments, it always has, and as I've said others are welcome to host as I had no interest in this them like a rookie/b league that is separate from the main event. There are several reinventions I can think of that would probably be great fun. But there are limited amounts of people willing to host and put that work/effort in.

The traditional concept has always brought interest from new and old players alike and had a high amount of players partaking which is why I am very headstrong on not reinventing the main concept, but sub-tournaments or bi-products of NWWC are no issue and could be a great thing. :)