Author Topic: [WBMM] Unban Appeals  (Read 48926 times)

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [WBMM] Unban Appeals
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2022, 03:22:29 pm »
Your nickname: jakepaulfan
Server & Time (if possible): lol
A short description of the situation: i feel like it's pretty dumb to ban people for what happened outside of mm.
For how long were you banned?: dunno
Who banned you?:  dunno
What rules did you break?:  none
Why should we unban you?:

because there hasnt been precedent for people getting banned for what they do outside of mm. surely people zeyden or vegi or whoever who says things that are actually against the rules should be banned as well ??
what did i said ?  ???
nothing, ever, you're an angel  :-*

However if Janne gets unbanned i will DDoS the whole WBMM & delete permanently log/data  files of its poor defense it has.

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]
let's see if you're capable of anything more than empty threats mr. "i'm going to ddos you with my accelerated RAM"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 03:26:43 pm by Janne »

Offline Flexi.

• Captain
  • ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndKGL
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2022, 03:23:34 pm »
However if Janne gets unbanned i will DDoS the whole WBMM & delete permanently log/data  files of its poor defense it has.

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

What a rational reaction  :)
GuMo

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2022, 03:26:23 pm »

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

What a rational reaction  :)
I agree, Muha is a very rational person!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2022, 04:44:05 pm »
A short description of the situation: i feel like it's pretty dumb to ban people for what happened outside of mm.

because there hasnt been precedent for people getting banned for what they do outside of mm. surely people zeyden or vegi or whoever who says things that are actually against the rules should be banned as well ??
Can’t believe I have to get involved with this shit now as well…
First off you’re generally right that things that happen outside of this board and generally outside of MM are no concern for us. However there are a few things which I feel like MM is sort of involved and where we can’t tolerate such disgusting behaviour. This applies to things such as doxing, cheating, ddosing, personal harassment and generally really disgusting behaviour. I’ve not seen the whole discussion only the initial post and summed up versions of others but I don’t really get why you would joke around on such a serious matter and also issue in the warband scene (not the first person from warband to take his life). Of course a punishment on MM over a few FSE posts is quite harsh and it wasn’t issued by me personally but I would say it wasn't that unjustified. I would say you at least owe the community an apology for what you did although I can’t guarantee for your unban.

what did i said ?  ???

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]
let's see if you're capable of anything more than empty threats mr. "i'm going to ddos you with my accelerated RAM"
Marxeil had no authority to unban you. Therefor you're banned again.

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache
The fuck? Please get some help. If you manged to steal anything then it is most likely stuff from bullez who isn't even involved in any of this.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:47:33 pm by LaPache »

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2022, 04:48:20 pm »
+ disgusting behaviour

rich coming from a nonce

I love you knoop knoop

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »
Spoiler

First off you’re generally right that things that happen outside of this board and generally outside of MM are no concern for us. However there are a few things which I feel like MM is sort of involved and where we can’t tolerate such disgusting behaviour. This applies to things such as doxing, cheating, ddosing, personal harassment and generally really disgusting behaviour. I’ve not seen the whole discussion only the initial post and summed up versions of others but I don’t really get why you would joke around on such a serious matter and also issue in the warband scene (not the first person from warband to take his life). Of course a punishment on MM over a few FSE posts is quite harsh and it wasn’t issued by me personally but I would say it wasn't that unjustified. I would say you at least owe the community an apology for what you did although I can’t guarantee for your unban.

what did i said ?  ???

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache
The fuck? Please get some help. If you manged to steal anything then it is most likely stuff from bullez who isn't even involved in any of this.
[close]
Muha is "kidding" don't worry, he does this every drama and there's never been anything, you have my respect for having taken the initiative to ban him

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2022, 04:53:20 pm »
Funny

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2022, 04:55:22 pm »

pretty funny as it was honestly a pretty mild joke, most people didn't get upset only a few people who already hate me did. this isn't at this point even about what i've done, it's just about people trying to fuck me over because they already dislike me. why even pretend to have due process when whether someone get's unbanned is solely dictated by the admins who let their personal feelings influence their decision to this extend.

This is a situation where I'm pretty sure 95% of the community doesn't think i should be banned from MATCHMAKING because of a joke i made on the forums. probably about 80% of the community didn't give a fuck about the joke i made. only a few people in your admin team personally hate me and have used this as an excuse to get at me.

Next time someone says even slightly harmful on mm should i expect them to get permabanned forever, because i'd argue anything racist/homophobic is far more disgusting than a potentially untasteful joke.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2022, 04:56:56 pm »

This is a situation where I'm pretty sure 95% of the community doesn't think i should be banned from MATCHMAKING because of a joke i made on the forums. probably about 80% of the community didn't give a fuck about the joke i made. only a few people in your admin team personally hate me and have used this as an excuse to get at me.
Quicks maths

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2022, 05:02:24 pm »

Quicks maths
even if my numbers were off a bit you should have unanimous support for this type of cross platform banning, which doesnt exist btw

Nock

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »

pretty funny as it was honestly a pretty mild joke, most people didn't get upset only a few people who already hate me did. this isn't at this point even about what i've done, it's just about people trying to fuck me over because they already dislike me. why even pretend to have due process when whether someone get's unbanned is solely dictated by the admins who let their personal feelings influence their decision to this extend.

Next time someone says even slightly harmful on mm should i expect them to get permabanned forever, because i'd argue anything racist/homophobic is far more disgusting than a potentially untasteful joke.

They can't get banned if they got admin themselves :/

While I do agree what Janne said was of very bad taste, I find LaPache's post to be very hypocrite given a few admins on wbmm are racists but you do you

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2022, 05:11:33 pm »

They can't get banned if they got admin themselves :/

While I do agree what Janne said was of very bad taste, I find LaPache's post to be very hypocrite given a few admins on wbmm are racists but you do you
Not sure what being racist has to do with that but who exactly are you reffering to? And you may aswell report racist behaviour to Darktemplar or me as this is obviously not tolerated either.

Offline SpookyST

• Alpha Tester
  • Top G
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Spooky
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2022, 05:14:29 pm »

what did i said ?  ???

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]
edit:

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2022, 05:45:11 pm »
Spoiler

what did i said ?  ???

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache
[close]

I haven't been generally involved in this pointless argument other than deleting a few irrelevant posts on a NWWC thread, but as I have been blindly accused of some stupid shit here's my two cents:

Banning players on WBMM over things that have nothing to do with WBMM sets a bad precedent very and is a slippery slope, regardless of the situation. What precedent has been set for Janne to be banned on WBMM over something that has nothing to do with WBMM?

Has Janne been banned off NWWC, NWBC, or FSE? Has he been cancelled from all tournaments and is he being boycotted?

Is there a specific ruleset for WBMM admins to indiscriminately ban certain players for actions done outside of WBMM, why is he banned? If so where are these and who writes them, what is really disgusting behaviour, who defines this and where is the line drawn?

Then what you have to ask is, why is he banned right now - if there's no precedence for him getting banned over WBMM which has nothing to do with his comment, the why is he being banned? Because most admins fucking despise him and are using this excuse to get him down, and for good reason tbh I've had Janne in my regiment for almost two years and the guys a freak lets be real. Is this all fair though and does this banning abide by the WBMM rules? Short Answer: Nope

Even though Janne's comment was insensitive and out of place, the basic reasoning under his defence has a lot of credence. Why should these WBMM admins who clearly despise Janne, who do and say stupid shit play judge jury and executioner with no precedent when they themselves hold unsavoury views and share these openly? Who's to say Janne should remain banned when every other player who's ever been close to getting cancelled have been given a second chance, for better or for worse. Look at coco, who got banned for 3 days for telling underaged kills to unironically kill themselves on WBMM, isn't that worse surely? Don't those comments cause more harm? And yet Janne has been banned longer than coco after causing a petty small piece of drama that has nothing to with WBMM.

Coco example

sorry coco for dragging you into this but funny sc
[close]

Regardless of the imo tame context surrounding Janne's cancellation, this is more about setting a precedent and avoiding that slippery downhill slope. This is by no means me coming in to bat for Janne here as pretty much until today I didn't want to waste my time over a petty argument, I just wanted to point out the obvious hypocrisies and plot holes you'll be riddled with, if you go down this path. @LaPache. I sincerely hope you are not falling for being strong-armed by some admins or even by Muha
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 05:51:41 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2022, 05:50:23 pm »
Spoiler

what did i said ?  ???

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache

seek help

edit:
Spoiler
[close]

Do it at your own risk.

@LaPache
[close]

I haven't been generally involved in this pointless argument other than deleting a few irrelevant posts on a NWWC thread, but as I have been blindly accused of some stupid shit here's my two cents:

Banning players on WBMM over things that have nothing to do with WBMM sets a bad precedent very and is a slippery slope, regardless of the situation. What precedent has been set for Janne to be banned on WBMM over something that has nothing to do with WBMM?

Has Janne been banned off NWWC, NWBC, or FSE? Has he been cancelled from all tournaments and is he being boycotted?

Is there a specific ruleset for WBMM admins to indiscriminately ban certain players for actions done outside of WBMM, why is he banned? If so where are these and who writes them, what is really disgusting behaviour, who defines this and where is the line drawn?

Then what you have to ask is, why is he banned right now - if there's no precedence for him getting banned over WBMM which has nothing to do with his comment, the why is he being banned? Because most admins fucking despise him and are using this excuse to get him down, and for good reason tbh I've had Janne in my regiment for almost two years and the guys a freak lets be real. Is this all fair though and does this banning abide by the WBMM rules? Short Answer: Nope

Even though Janne's comment was insensitive and out of place, the basic reasoning under his defence has a lot of credence. Why should these WBMM admins who clearly despise Janne, who do and say stupid shit play judge jury and executioner with no precedent when they themselves hold unsavoury views and share these openly? Who's to say Janne should remain banned when every other player who's ever been close to getting cancelled have been given a second chance, for better or for worse. Look at coco, who got banned for 3 days for telling underaged kills to unironically kill themselves on WBMM, isn't that worse surely? Don't those comments cause more harm? And yet Janne has been banned longer than coco after causing a petty small piece of drama that has nothing to with WBMM.

Coco example
[close]

Regardless of the imo tame context surrounding Janne's cancellation, this is more about setting a precedent and avoiding that slippery downhill slope. This is by no means me coming in to bat for Janne here as pretty much until today I didn't want to waste my time over a petty argument, I just wanted to point out the obvious hypocrisies and plot holes you'll be riddled with, if you go down this path. @LaPache. I sincerely hope you are not falling for being strong-armed by some admins or even by Muha

Spoiler
[close]