Author Topic: [RGL7] Regimental Showcases - The Underdogs [Div A]  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
[RGL7] Regimental Showcases - The Underdogs [Div A]
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:11:52 pm »

The Regimental Groupfighting League Season 7 has just started, with a couple of matches having already been played earlier this week. As the competition is planned to last over the next two months and a half, we felt this was the right opportunity to showcase our twenty participants, take a short look at their history and achievements and discuss their chances in their respective divisions. For some of the oldest and most successful competitive regiments, they might even get their own storyline article, but that’s a subject to be discussed in the upcoming weeks. We will also try to provide the community with as many interviews as possible, as it is best to hear directly from the captains and players themselves.

With the RGL7 being divided into two divisions, in a similar fashion to season 4, regiments should be facing opponents of arguably similar strengths or mindset. With that being said, even inside each division, the skill-gap can be quite consequent and that is why our series of showcases will be divided into three categories: The underdogs, the mid-tier and the favourites.

- Place Holder Interview | TBA (Coming soon)

- Division B | The Underdogs (Released)
- Division A | The Underdogs (Released)

- Place Holder Storyline | TBA (Coming soon)

We continue our series of showcases with Division A Underdogs, the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot & the 56e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:33:47 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: [RGL7] Regimental Showcases - The Underdogs [Div A]
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 10:13:46 pm »
Division A

The Underdogs

45th Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot
| 56e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

The Mid-Tier

96y Dneprovskiy Pehotniy Polk
2. Leib Regiment
Infanterie-Regiment Nr.13
IVe Corps (Principauté d'Antioche)

The Favourites

15th Yorkshire Regiment of Foot
92nd (Gordon Highlanders) Regiment of Foot
18th (Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot
14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Leaders:
Colonel Nova
Lieutenant Maskman
[close]
Key Players:
Snikkel
Maskman
Flo
Jerome
Floris
Hertz
[close]
Recent Achievements
GLBT (Division 2) | 2nd Place
RMT | 5th-8th
2v2 Competition (UP) | 5th-6th
[close]
Important Match-ups
versus IVe - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus Nr13  - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus 2Lr - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus 56e - RMT & GLBT rivalry
[close]
      Despite its relatively recent venture into the competitive scene, the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot is by no means a new regiment. Boasting a four-year strong history, the regiment finds itself well-established within the casual community. Initially formed by Vegetarian under the tag 45th, the casual lights regiment suffered multiple coups and breakups with a cadre of different minded leaders running the show. While several companies were formed and subsequently disbanded during this period, the 45th eventually rebranded to the 45thN under now colonel Nova’s leadership, finally reaching a level of stability which allowed them to seek new heights. These new heights can be seen in the form of 45thN’s recent competitive endeavours starting November 2019 and with the creation of a third company: the grenadiers, founded by Maskman and being currently led by Jerome. Since then, the 45thN have been testing the waters within the competitive scene, taking part in the most recent international tournaments hosted, namely the GLBT, 2v2 LB and Regimental Melee Tournament.

In each of these competitions, the 45thN performed very well, beginning to make a name for themselves yet forever keeping in mind that the longevity of their regiment lied not in competitions, but an important sense of community and loyalty towards one another. That is the essence Nova took a year building which the 45thN members will have at heart to carry in this RGL. Each new player is quickly and seamlessly integrated within the community, continuously adding to the regiment’s dynamic. The equilibrium between loyalty, dedication and finally skill represents the core of what the 45thN represents and its continued maintenance as it continues the transition from casual to competitive play, they must not forget this. As it is the first RGL in the 45thN's history, Nova and his men will be looking at taking on the big guns from Division A and though this will certainly be an uphill battle, they may yet turn the old order on its head.

Leaders:
Colonel Salakien
Lieutenant-Colonel AggofanCZ
[close]
Key Players:
Fwuffy
Kore
Wencosa
Gunebol
Thor
Salakien
[close]
Recent Achievements
GLBT (Division 2) | 1st Place
RMT | 9th-12th
2v2 Competition (UP) | 5th-6th
[close]
Important Match-ups
versus IVe - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus Nr13  - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus 2Lr - Opponent of an arguable strength
versus 45thN - RMT & GLBT rivalry
[close]
      On the 1st of July 2017, the 56e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne's came into being as a union of two pre-existing Czech and Slovakian regiments, the 66Pp and the 59e. At the time, Salakien was in charge of both the 66Pp and the 66th (among the 1st Brigade) having helped give the latter a strong reputation within the international competitive community. On the other hand, Aggofan had been leading the 59e, a more casual-oriented regiment, also having been a part of the 66Pp in the past. The common background between the leaders and the core membership of both structures helped to make this fusion possible, with Salakien taking the lead of the 56e as a supervisor (while staying as the active leader of the 66th) and Aggofan and Black both being made Lieutenant Colonels. After some months, Black resigned from his leadership position due to a lack of time. Shortly after, Salakien’s activity eventually decreased for similar reasons and though he continued to provide the 56e with full financial support and remained as it's official supervisor, Aggofan was really the only active member of this ‘triumvirate’ left at the head of the regiment. His steady hand kept charge of the 56e for a year, until the return of Salakien and the resumption of his active leadership position.

Currently 3 years old, the 56e is now firmly established as a regular competitive regiment while also playing an active role on the casual side of NW. It has attended numerous tournaments in which it has never faltered in putting on a show - such as the last edition of the GLBT - sometimes even punching above its perceived weight, beating theoretically stronger teams. Though the 56e has undoubtedly achieved a respectable position in multiple tournaments, it has fallen short of consistently contending with top EU regiments, but since it wasn't the aim at the groups inception, it never put the regiment's overall cohesion in danger. Salakien had already achieved such feats with the 66th and the idea with the 56e was to offer a more balanced experience to its players, between competitive and casual events. This driving philosophy of giving your best and proudly wearing the 56e colours has been extremely valued by the leadership, hardly ever needing to achieve the best possible results. This is the mindset that the 56e members will hold dear going in this RGL. The understanding that though the fight might be a hard one, the camaraderie of playing with people who value one another will forever trump the vanity of short-lived tournament glory.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:01:32 am by Shadey »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 10:29:12 pm »
I didn't get the chance to play against the 56e in many events but every time I did it was always a hard yet very enjoyable fight. Salakien and Aggo both earned my respect years ago and will most likely always have it while some of their members, namely Kore and Fwuffy, are some of the most amazing players and people I have got the chance to meet on NW. I am beyond honoured to have them, and all the 56e members, in this RGL and hope that despite the difficulties of playing in such a competitive division, they will manage to enjoy their time with us. On the other hand, I must admit I didn't know the 45thN till some months ago but I have been fairly impressed by their recent rise within the competitive scene and I believe they are the living proof that you don't need to give up everything in the name of competition or have your roster filled with superstars, to perform well against better and more established regiments. For that reason and because they possess the mindset for it, their spot in Division A makes perfect sense and I have no doubt that they can not only upset a few regiments in the mid-tier but also be a serious threat to many others.

Speaking about the different tiers of the showcases, I must insist that these tiers might not make the most sense in light of the recent events, especially in Division B where I believe there are at least 5/6 regiments which can all beat each other on a good day, making their theoretical ranking rather complicated. Be it in Division A or B, The Underdogs, Mid-Tier & Favourites are only a theoretical representation of the starting strength of each regiment at the very beginning of the RGL but it's obviously very likely that such a representation evolves through the course of the event. There is no denying that many Underdogs team can beat some of the Mid-Tier and there is an argument for some of the Mid-Tier having a shot at a few of the favourites as well. So take these with a grain of salt and always remember that the aim of the RGL is not to do good in a couple of matches, but to be the best out of two months and a half of competition.

Many thanks to Maskman, Aggo and Salakien for making sure these showcases were as accurate as possible and a big thank you to Presidente, who acted as my proofreader for this one. I'm forever thankful to all the people who spent the time correcting my writtings, especially when some like Presidente are not afraid to re-phrase / rework it, giving such a showcase a whole new level. In that sense, this is as much their works, as mine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:50:08 pm by Tardet »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:41:37 pm »
oo

la

la

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 10:43:26 pm »
Looks good! Good job Tarde

why kore isnt in key players of 56e??
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 10:44:58 pm »
Gotta ask that to Aggo as I always ask the leaders for their key players. Some don't necessarily see 'key' as 'most 'skilled', or I suppose Fwuffy would fit there as well.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 11:09:40 pm »
Sir I see you've made a slight typo:
Key Players:
Maskman
[close]

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 11:16:59 pm »
Wait till you are no-where to be found on the 15thYR list Rikkert

Offline AggofanCZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • 56e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne CZ/SK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 11:19:27 pm »
Gotta ask that to Aggo as I always ask the leaders for their key players. Some don't necessarily see 'key' as 'most 'skilled', or I suppose Fwuffy would fit there as well.

I thought you mean the most "noticeable" (noisy). xd

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 11:26:06 pm »
Wait till you are no-where to be found on the 15thYR list Rikkert
I wouldn't expect any less from you and gi 8)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 11:48:43 pm »
Sir I see you've made a slight typo:
Key Players:
Maskman
[close]

WDYM ENG2 player here look out!

Also Tardet its looking really good! Best thing to come out of FSE all year!
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 01:04:20 am »
very nice btw, teddy and achilles are not the key players of the 45thN ?

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 01:10:05 am »
The regiment leaders decide their own key players  :D

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 01:21:50 am »

Depends, the definition of a 'key player' can differ from reg to reg. Within the 45thN we based our key players on skill, rank and vocality within groupfights. We also base it on how much you can cry like a little bitch, e.g nova was a key player as he's in spec doing call outs but decided to swap him out of the Key player list for Snikk who cried to me and Floris like a little bitch for hours
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Snikkel

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 01:41:56 am »

Depends, the definition of a 'key player' can differ from reg to reg. Within the 45thN we based our key players on skill, rank and vocality within groupfights. We also base it on how much you can cry like a little bitch, e.g nova was a key player as he's in spec doing call outs but decided to swap him out of the Key player list for Snikk who cried to me and Floris like a little bitch for hours

Any regiment recruiting?