Author Topic: 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot "1st Notts" [EU] [Est. 2016].  (Read 542187 times)

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
Re: 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot "1st Notts" [EU] [Est. 2016].
« Reply #9360 on: April 03, 2023, 12:03:08 am »
gg guys was a nice match and at least you showed there that you really deserved the gold
actually kinda cute
time to be myself finally and stop trolling and insulting everybody since it's the end of the game

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9361 on: April 03, 2023, 12:06:14 am »
gg guys was a nice match and at least you showed there that you really deserved the chocolate gold

so when's the real final now?

Offline Veto

• Private
  • Mehhh... Be nice to each other I guess.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Veto
« Reply #9362 on: April 03, 2023, 12:26:25 am »
Another great show from our grends company, plus a very nice attendance. Brings back the memories when that kind of attendance was a daily occurence :D

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: April 03, 2023, 12:28:02 am »
nice kayi flag in the description  ;D

Offline higened243ed

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 243 grouped co-captained
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 85e / 2eFusGre
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9364 on: April 03, 2023, 12:30:21 am »

Offline Veto

• Private
  • Mehhh... Be nice to each other I guess.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Veto
« Reply #9365 on: April 03, 2023, 12:30:30 am »
I knew I should have cut it out xD

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9366 on: April 03, 2023, 12:31:15 am »
gg guys was a nice match and at least you showed there that you really deserved the chocolate gold

ETERNAL TOP 3 REGIMENT SALT

Offline sHype

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN | sHype
« Reply #9367 on: April 03, 2023, 12:31:26 am »
are u disrespecting the legends?

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: April 03, 2023, 12:33:03 am »
noooo kayi and 45thN are brothers in arms

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #9369 on: April 03, 2023, 12:34:09 am »
noooo kayi and 45thN are brothers in arms

the kayi takeover
CoC > any other team

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #9370 on: April 03, 2023, 12:39:06 am »

See you on Bannerlord

Another great show from our grends company, plus a very nice attendance. Brings back the memories when that kind of attendance was a daily occurence :D

What an emotional farewell party, nice to remeniss the old days and some old criminal maskman soundboards. Thank you to all of you, for everything ❤️

Spoiler
Goodbye post incoming
[close]
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #9371 on: April 03, 2023, 01:04:12 am »
Thanks for having me all the years, 45thN was only ever losing but won when it mattered the most, congratulations and goodluck in your future endeavours into PE!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:07:38 am by Fietta »

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #9372 on: April 03, 2023, 03:16:14 am »
I am immensely proud of my regiment 45thN. For almost four years, I have played alongside these skilled and dedicated players, facing countless battles and adversities together. We have endured many defeats, but we never lost faith in ourselves or in our comrades.

Despite our setbacks, we continued to train hard and improve our skills. And in the end, all our hard work paid off. We managed to win the most notorious league in the game's history, the Regimental Groupfighting League, defeating the best regiment of all time in a nail-biting final match, with a score of 15-13.

I cannot express how much it means to me to have been part of this incredible achievement. My fellow players in 45thN are not only my comrades-in-arms, but also my close friends. We have been through so much together, and I am grateful for every moment spent with them.

As I look back on our journey, I am filled with pride and gratitude. We may have lost many battles, but we never lost our spirit or our determination. And now, as champions of the Regimental Groupfighting League, we have shown the community what we are truly capable of.

To my dear friends in 45thN, I say: Thank you for everything. You have made me a better player and a better person. And I will always be proud to have fought by your side.

Your beloved Captain of Seals 6, The One, The Only , The Notorious Achilles [54]

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: April 03, 2023, 03:40:02 am »

Regimental Update

🥇 RGL Season 9🥇

The 45th Nottinghamshire is very proud to have won its First Gold Medal in a major tournament, that being the most prestigious and respected Regimental Groupfighting League Season 9 hosted by Chriseh. This post will also be a brief overview as to how the regiment has preformed in the past months as well as plans for the future.

How the Infantry as a whole prepared for the RGL

Pictures of the our Trainings

[/font]
[close]

After our respectable performance in EIC S5 last year where we managed to secure a 3rd Place 🥉 after a very close semi final vs the 15thYR that ran into over time   ;), the 45th Nottinghamshire Infantry both Centre and Grenadier Companies trained often side by side each other in both regimental trainings and also casual line battle events fighting many other regiments. With the help of our newest Grendadier NCOs, such as Cpl Troister , Cpl Ilypa and Cpl Fenton, our grenadier company dramatically refound our old lost spirit after a time of inactivity - our new and replenished grenadier company started training in weekly groupfights week in week out against other top regiments. During this RGL, it was not only the stalwart loyal core of players who expectedly participated in this tournament but also our new additions that strengthened our roster namely, Pte Bunter Igel, as well as Pte Dren and Pte Axiom with Pte Blacktham making a return to his international home as he continued his search for regimental palmares. Special shoutout to Drake who was with us for the preseason before RGL but had to leave because he thought we weren't going to win. This Gold medal and this post goes out to you.

How we actually preformed in our RGL Matches

Screenshots of the Infantry in action

[close]

The 45th Nottinghamshire remained unbeaten in our run of fixtures within RGL S9. Only having to play four games against the top regiments within the game, every match and even round counted in the end. After a strong start against the infamous 55th with a 10-2 lead in our first match, outmatching the 55th in open melee and rotations, the 45thN in classic 45thN chocke fashion managed to bring it to 14-14. At this intense round, Pte Axiom won us the game getting a key pick on Hypno which allowed us to collapse their flank so quickly that the 55th could not regroup. The stand out players in this match were VGren Flo and Cpl Achilles both players showing personality and characteristics keeping their heads cool in the face of another humiliating chongi.
The second RGL match was against our longest adversaries the 15thYR where by after a 3-0 lead to us thanks to Cpl Troister finding some key picks in rotations, the game petered out abit with rounds being exchanged as each regiment landed blow after blow insequence until a 14-12 lead for the 45thN. Many rounds during the match came not down to rotations but by playing the line and collapsing a flank. At 14-12 HGren Narrow finds the winner with the craziest pick on firefly ive ever seen and probably the best pick of the tournament given the context, where he runs down the line skipping past two opponents managing to find firefly's back as he is unexpectadly backstabed, this is then followed up by quick picks on Hertz from Lt-Col Maskman and HSurg Janne as the 15thYR were still dazed consequently lead to a full collapse of the flank and sealing the victory for the 45th Nottinghamshire. Lt-Col Maskman and Cpl Achilles were the notable players of this match, often staying alive to the end showing experience and composure in the face of an adversary who they were used to losing to. Maskman notably dropping a cheeky 30 bomb  :P
The third RGL match was against the 96y, a slightly more chilled match but a competitive match nonetheless where we played a more inexperienced lineup. This match is notable as we managed to do a duel round at the end where Rgl Crusher beat the RGL record of player to die the fastest dying in less than a second, other than that Crusher managed to finish the game actually positive along with Cpl Fenton, that being a first for both of them - shame the same cant be said about Rgl Vemon. Pte Dren and Vet Shadow both respectively top scoring and clutching in difficult circumstances.
The final RGL match was a winner takes all match vs 15thYR and an absolute banger - both sides fielding a humongous 21v21. This was the final match of the final RGL whereby both regiments would play their last competitive match against each other. Each round was full of pressure and saw much anticipation and action with many rounds coming down to razor thin margins and small mistakes that cost either side dearly The history, animosity and provenance of this match up was not what made this final great, nor was it the prospect of winning an RGL as glorious as it is, but the context of what this match meant for the future of NW as this was the end of the line for many of either side's players and for both regiments as a whole. The match started with a 4-2 lead to the 15thYR as the 45thN started off slugish - after a quick reminder what this match means and some tactical changes from Ensign Smallest and some steller preformances from the feared spanish flank VGren Mr_T and HGren Marquez , the 45thN managed to pull ahead with a commanding lead to 13-7. However in very true 15thYR fashion as seen with their RGLS6 and their greatest comeback from a 5-14 scoreline in RGLS7, it is never over till it is truly over with the 15thYR. The Snappers lads managed bring it back all the way to a 14-13 scoreline for the 45thN. Naturally quite rattled, it seemed like all the momentum was with the 15thYR and a choke was inevitable. This sentiment was carried into the 28th round with 3 45thN players being picked simulataneously across the line, being three players down - a play maker was needed. HSurg Janne was the man of the moment proceeding to collapse their flank picking three of their players in quick succession giving the 45thN a life line. In the ensuing rotation Pte Bunter Igel manages to get stuck in causing mayhem on their passive flank managing to run down 4 15thYR players including a criminal TK on Mr T! These huge plays from these two heroes managed to turn the tide leading to a well deserved glorious 45thN victory and subsequent huge screams and ear rape in the TS. The players who preformed most notably were Cpl Fenton and Rgl Kennedy, both of whom outpreformed expectations giving their all to the regiment. Special mention to Serjeant Jakob for being the top frag and main shot caller in rotation, almost reaching a 40 bomb.

Muster Roll

NCOs who were promoted due to their loyalty and respective skills:

Colour Serjeant sHYpe -> Company Serjeant Major sHype

Corporal Fenton  -> Serjeant Fenton

Veteran Grenadier -> Lance Corporal Flo

Officers who were promoted due to their exceptional performance:

Lieutenant Colonel Maskman -> Colonel Maskman

Ensign Smallest -> Lieutenant Smallest

Corporal Achilles  -> Ensign Achilles

A Final Thank You & Goodbye

The 45th Nottinghamshire has been around for longer for more than 7 years, and although we very much value the amazing community aspect of the regiment, in many ways all the work we collectively as the staff put into the regiment has been working and anticipating for a golden medal in a major tournament like RGL. But having played at a top level for so long I have come to realise - it isnt just about the Gold medal at the end of the day, it is about the journey - the wins and losses, the near disbandment's and rebuilds and most importantly the friends made and lost along the way. Huge shout out to all the past Grenadier NCOs and Officers that were not active or present to witness this major success, namely Ensign Jerome, Colour Serjeant Floris, Serjeant Yoko
, Serjeant Clickenforce and Cpl Fwuffy DJBabo, all of whom played a crucial part in our journey to this moment and most importantly, friends whom I will never forget.
This RGL, namely the last match was an absolute banger and a roller coaster of emotions ranging from anxiousness, confident, despair, exhilaration and now a feeling of emptiness. regardless it is an amazing match that is commensurate to what NW deserves as a farewell.  But, having covered the fact pattern of the final match in the section above I want to say a few words personally to my players, my regiment, our adversaries and our community.
It is around 2am now my time and I have class at 9am tomorrow but I know I won't be able to sleep without writing this post and getting it off my chest. The 45th Nottinghamshire Grenadier company will not continue playing NW at a top level and will be effectively be disbanding and going dormant for the foreseeable future, something I never thought I would be saying but I am no longer reluctant to say. The 45thN as a regiment came from humble beginnings back in 2016 and never quite had a break through competitively in NW until 2019, and with inexperienced unproven leadership and raw talent amongst its ranks we had to learn the hard way getting absolutely battered in most tournaments from the most competitive RGLs to the most casual Linebattle cups, each defeat made us as a regiment stronger and the passion we have shown as we grew together as a regiment will never be forgotten. The passion from victory to victory and defeat to defeat (mostly defeats ngl  ;D) is forever etched in my mind. This RGL drew out that kind of passion and emotion in me again, and I guess the feeling of empitiness stems from the fact that I know there wont be anything like this again with the same group of players on NW atleast...
To NW itself and the many opponents I have spent fighting not only in game but on the forums, I would like to thank espeically Gi's 15thYR, Pieter's 92nd, Vegi's 55th, Dan's 17th and Desant's 96y. The bulk of our matches were against you and there was never a dull moment fighting your regiments - thank you for being so consistent and competitive giving us more than a fair matchup everytime we played you. This RGL is a great way to end my regimental competitive journey with an unbeaten run in RGL 🥇 .  I could not have asked for a more fairytale ending for the Grenadier company and I could not have asked for a better group of friends those past and present to have carried out this journey with me, where often at times of despair they reminded me that the night is darkest before the dawn. What a great way to see off NW - I would not have it any other way. Now to all our members - the BIGGEST thanks goes to you, to all those who we have lost and gained on the way, it is mainly you guys that make the regiment what it is and each everyone of you contribute and shape what the regiment has become throughout the years and its clearly reflected in the core values and principles of the regiment, something that we all can be very proud of and for that we are eternally grateful.  Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors.

Thank you to all of you who have been affiliated or have played in the 45thN past and present - stay in touch. Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our biggest matches the 45thN Grens played
[

Most defeats but wholly unforgettable moments. Theres more but here are the important ones - im sure I missed a couple
[close]

For the Glory and the Honour of the 45th Nottinghamshire

Yours Sincerely,
Colonel Maskman
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 10:21:01 am by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: April 03, 2023, 03:52:14 am »