Author Topic: Looking for a regiment or members? Then post here!  (Read 863709 times)

Offline AngryVaultBoy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AVB
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Looking for a regiment or members? Then post here!
« Reply #4365 on: December 28, 2017, 12:02:05 am »
Spoiler
Looking for a Regiment. I am currently NA but work wise i might only be able to attend EU events or a few events a week/month. I want a regiment where if i miss a few i wont be kicked out.  DM me

The 1st Nizam Infantry of the Ottoman Empire is looking for new members. We're an NA/EU regiment so go ahead and add either me or the founder on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/AngryVaultBoy121/

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198212761232

but the ottomans aren't in the game and didn't really participate in the napoleonic wars

So?
[close]

well it doesn't really make sense does it?

mind you, i remember commissar's USMC.

I've seen confederate and union regiments play in line battles on NW, so again i dont really see how or why it should matter.

those regiments are mainly NaS. the old dixie army used to actually host nw lbs, but they mainly played NaS, hence the allegiances.

its just harder to get recruits is what I'm saying, one of the only reasons commissar was so successful with the USMC is because he was known in the community and its the USMC, its a well known dominant fighting force from a country that still exists.

It hasn't proved difficult at all...your point (from what i understood) was that it "doesn't make sense", yet you tried to justify the confederate and union regiments by claiming they hosted line battles...which doesnt make sense either, because what you're essentially saying is "it makes sense for them because they hosted NW line battles"
muh historical inaccuracy

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #4366 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:28 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Looking for a Regiment. I am currently NA but work wise i might only be able to attend EU events or a few events a week/month. I want a regiment where if i miss a few i wont be kicked out.  DM me

The 1st Nizam Infantry of the Ottoman Empire is looking for new members. We're an NA/EU regiment so go ahead and add either me or the founder on steam.

but the ottomans aren't in the game and didn't really participate in the napoleonic wars

So?
[close]

I've seen confederate and union regiments play in line battles on NW, so again i dont really see how or why it should matter.

those regiments are mainly NaS. the old dixie army used to actually host nw lbs, but they mainly played NaS, hence the allegiances.

its just harder to get recruits is what I'm saying, one of the only reasons commissar was so successful with the USMC is because he was known in the community and its the USMC, its a well known dominant fighting force from a country that still exists.

It hasn't proved difficult at all...your point (from what i understood) was that it "doesn't make sense", yet you tried to justify the confederate and union regiments by claiming they hosted line battles...which doesnt make sense either, because what you're essentially saying is "it makes sense for them because they hosted NW line battles"
[close]

No I said its justified because they're NaS regiments. NaS = North and South mod, the most successful mod for NW. Lots of Union and Confed regs back in the day hosted NW lbs but primarily did NaS lbs. Lot of their members were in other NW regs. I can tell you're a little newer to NW than I thought so I'll give you a tip, a lot of people in this community value the historical side of things. There have been few regs with unrelated names and all of them have been really, really casual. Thundersnow's 00th being a prime example, and I mentioned earlier Commissar's USMC.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4367 on: December 29, 2017, 03:50:58 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

So?
[close]

[close]

No I said its justified because they're NaS regiments. NaS = North and South mod, the most successful mod for NW. Lots of Union and Confed regs back in the day hosted NW lbs but primarily did NaS lbs. Lot of their members were in other NW regs. I can tell you're a little newer to NW than I thought so I'll give you a tip, a lot of people in this community value the historical side of things. There have been few regs with unrelated names and all of them have been really, really casual. Thundersnow's 00th being a prime example, and I mentioned earlier Commissar's USMC.
[close]
George, at least 1/3 of the community is divide into regiments that didn't fight in the Napoleonic wars. Lay off the guy.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4368 on: December 29, 2017, 09:24:40 am »
Just ignore George, nobody knows nor cares about him in the NW scene anyway.

There are plenty of "Napoleonic" era regiments that did not actually fight in the war but are still very successful. So therefor let him do what he pleases and fuck off back to your mod, nobody asked for your input.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Norwegian13

« Reply #4369 on: December 29, 2017, 02:18:25 pm »
Just ignore George, nobody knows nor cares about him in the NW scene anyway.

There are plenty of "Napoleonic" era regiments that did not actually fight in the war but are still very successful. So therefor let him do what he pleases and fuck off back to your mod, nobody asked for your input.

^

Let the guys have fun. I for one think that it's very unique and creative to see an Ottoman regiment. I'd definitely find it more fun to be in a unique Ottoman regiment rather than a generic British one. Besides, nobody cares about historical accuracy of regiments here on NW, so I think you're mixing the NW community up with the N&S community.

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: December 30, 2017, 12:13:32 am »
Ottomans didn't take part in Napoleonic Wars but they fought Napoleon and the French in Egypt and the Middle-east (Syria).

Norwy, your profile picture is gay.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: December 30, 2017, 01:06:41 am »
Ottomans didn't take part in Napoleonic Wars but they fought Napoleon and the French in Egypt and the Middle-east (Syria).

French campaign in Egypt, including the Battle of the Pyramids and the first and second Battle of Abukir, was before the Napoleonic Wars and before Napoleon gained power. Saying that Napoleon fought the Ottomans in the French Revolutionary Wars means they fought each other in the Napoleonic Wars is like saying the British fought the French in the Hundred Years War means they fought each other in the Second World War. Doesn't make any sense, and its wrong.

NW and N&S communities are dead. There was a point where NW completely just died. It had its golden age, and its done. I think I'm one of a very, very few MM vets who has stuck around even remotely to this day.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: December 30, 2017, 07:30:32 am »

French campaign in Egypt, including the Battle of the Pyramids and the first and second Battle of Abukir, was before the Napoleonic Wars and before Napoleon gained power. Saying that Napoleon fought the Ottomans in the French Revolutionary Wars means they fought each other in the Napoleonic Wars is like saying the British fought the French in the Hundred Years War means they fought each other in the Second World War. Doesn't make any sense, and its wrong.

NW and N&S communities are dead. There was a point where NW completely just died. It had its golden age, and its done. I think I'm one of a very, very few MM vets who has stuck around even remotely to this day.
Actually, you are not one of a very few. There are at least 10 just in my regiment, including myself. Let alone if you talk to one of the top tier regiments like KKA etc. There are probably a good hundred or so left, but try to remember that Mount & Musket was never really THAT big. It was just a tight community where everyone knew each other. The NW community is still even now probably around 3+ times the size.

Once again, your opinion is invalid and nobody gives a fuck, just fuck off? Also Gojkov literally said "They didn't take part in the Napoleonic Wars" yet you implied he did.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: December 30, 2017, 09:55:33 am »
Spoiler

Actually, you are not one of a very few. There are at least 10 just in my regiment, including myself. Let alone if you talk to one of the top tier regiments like KKA etc. There are probably a good hundred or so left, but try to remember that Mount & Musket was never really THAT big. It was just a tight community where everyone knew each other. The NW community is still even now probably around 3+ times the size.

Once again, your opinion is invalid and nobody gives a fuck, just fuck off? Also Gojkov literally said "They didn't take part in the Napoleonic Wars" yet you implied he did.
[close]

I never once stated my opinion lol I said facts. There are few MM vets that remain, the NW and N&S community is dying, and the Ottomans were not in the Napoleonic Wars. The inactivity of the forums and the population on the official servers now compared to a year ago or so is enough to say that the community is dying quite quickly.

I didn't imply that to anyone. I said that saying Ottomans should be in a game based on the later years of the Napoleonic Wars because they participated in an unrelated earlier war doesn't make sense. That's a dumb justification. I also made an analogy for anyone who didn't get it the first time so if you still didn't get what I meant after I reinforced it with the analogy you are about as illiterate as a goldfish.

I just have always loved all the keyboard warriors on this form too I gotta say. Its very funny. Nobody cares about anyone's opinion on this forum do you think that's news to me? This is the internet. This isn't the presidential debate. I care as little about your opinions as you care about mine, if not even less.

But clearly you do care if you jumped in to defend someone in depth. You cared enough to try and offend me or whatever that lame ass insult was ''I don't care about your opinion''. The year 500 BC called they want their insult back.

Reading all these posts trying to offend me reminds me of when I used to play that board game hungry hungry hippos, except you are all the hippos and the ball is the attention you are so desperately trying to get from this.

Try again if you want with the insults, I'll let you know if you get a good one.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: December 30, 2017, 10:29:04 am »

Not sure why it hasn't occurred to you that its about to be 6 years since NW's release and 7 years since I personally started playing MM (MM Prussia? March 2011), perhaps thats the reason they don't play anymore? Because playing the same game for 7 years whilst having no development for 5 of that?

Yes there are few MM vets left but I don't really get what your point is by bringing that up?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:33:36 am by John Price »

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: December 30, 2017, 10:37:37 am »
You just said there are a good hundred or so MM vets left.

And I said you're wrong.

That's why I brought it up.

Come on Price you're smarter than this.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: December 30, 2017, 10:40:02 am »
Actually, you brought it up lol

and you know what I meant stop trying to goof me

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: December 30, 2017, 10:46:14 am »
Again if you read literally anything else in that paragraph you will understand why I mentioned it. I don't know why you didn't ask me that before when I first mentioned it instead of debating me about it but the answer as to why I brought it up is to reinforce how the community is dying. When the founding members of a community leave the community its a steep and slippery slope to the entire communities death.

Norwegian13

« Reply #4378 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:01 am »

So you'd rather see some dude instead of this lovely girl? I like having something nice and pretty to look at while browsing these forums.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: December 30, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »
Why don't you nerds just drop it? Bring it to pms if you have to your endless bickering is just clogging this thread up with cancer.

Thanks.