Author Topic: Interested in a 2vs2 Mixed?  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
Interested in a 2vs2 Mixed?
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:58:32 am »
Hi everyone! I would like to know if there are some regiments interested in play a new tipe of battle, the 8th King's Royal Hussars would like to host a 2vs2 Mixed (1 Inf and Cav regiment per team). It will be host on Tuesdays every 2 weeks at 19:00 GMT and will consist in 6 rounds (idk if is enough or not) with 1 side swap after the 3rd round.
The general rules are the same as u can find in a linebattle event, and there will be specific rules for infantry and cavalry.

So I think it's all, if u have any question just do it. :D

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Interested in a 2vs2 Mixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:00:26 pm »
hum, it can be funny
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 12:03:58 pm »
hum, it can be funny

Yeah we think so, i think the cav community is interested but idk if the plebs inf regiments want it :(

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 12:12:12 pm »
You'd be best hosting it as a one or two off event to start with. If that goes well and regiments show interest then you could potentially turn it into a new league idea. Though Heavy Cav is much more OP against infantry in most infantries opinion so they may not agree unless it is hussars only on the cav side.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 12:22:28 pm »
You'd be best hosting it as a one or two off event to start with. If that goes well and regiments show interest then you could potentially turn it into a new league idea. Though Heavy Cav is much more OP against infantry in most infantries opinion so they may not agree unless it is hussars only on the cav side.

Hmm interesting, that's why I posted this before announcing the battle. And about the heavy cav, yeah they are strong now, but in my opinion forcing people to play only hussar is not fair, this is why we would do sides swap (or change some regiments if we see it's not balanced), to balance the battle.

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 12:25:52 pm »
The idea is good imo. We would sign up tbh^^

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 12:58:14 pm »
I would very much appreciate the idea of mixing cav and inf, even in a league probably.
But as Herishey listed already, heavy cavalry would be too strong in a competetion where infantry is present. What‘s wrong with everyone playing hussar, since I know that many e.g 14pk players used to play hussar or still do?
My concern is that there would be less cavalry regiments than infantry regiments.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 01:05:59 pm »
Marxeil and I plan to host a cav and infantry (gf related) event in the near future and we have ruled out the option of using heavy cavalry as we know most infantry players will not agree to play against heavy cav or lancers.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 01:08:15 pm »
I would very much appreciate the idea of mixing cav and inf, even in a league probably.
But as Herishey listed already, heavy cavalry would be too strong in a competetion where infantry is present. What‘s wrong with everyone playing hussar, since I know that many e.g 14pk players used to play hussar or still do?
My concern is that there would be less cavalry regiments than infantry regiments.

Thanks Dokle, I appreciate your opinion. Well, if all heavies regiments who will want to join are able to play as hussars there is no problem for us (in my opinion i hate play vs heavies). And about the cav regiments yeah, there are not a lot but maybe this shit does them wake up.

Marxeil and I plan to host a cav and infantry (gf related) event in the near future and we have ruled out the option of using heavy cavalry as we know most infantry players will not agree to play against heavy cav or lancers.

Nice to hear that, yeah I was a inf player and fight vs heavy cav never was funny xD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:10:16 pm by Lorucas »

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »

It's just a shame. last year, when the cuirassiers did not earn anything, nobody thought of doing that. Now that we win because good players play cuirassiers, the "brave" want to ban the cuirassiers after prohibiting the lancers of the game Why forbid the cuirassiers and not the hussars? You divide an already small community of riders.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 01:12:10 pm »
The advantages of heavy cavalry are just too great against inf to try and get a community (infantry) that is already very stubborn to play with/against cavalry already.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 01:12:58 pm »
The advantages of heavy cavalry are just too great against inf to try and get a community (infantry) that is already very stubborn to play with/against cavalry already.

It's not for you to say but to the infantry officers
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 01:13:48 pm »

It's just a shame. last year, when the cuirassiers did not earn anything, nobody thought of doing that. Now that we win because good players play cuirassiers, the "brave" want to ban the cuirassiers after prohibiting the lancers of the game Why forbid the cuirassiers and not the hussars? You divide an already small community of riders.
Cuirassier is a class that is designed to fight against infantry and in numbers larger than 10 it is pretty much unstoppable.
I am not a fan of "banning" classes, but heavies are the same to infantry, what lancers are to cavalry.

an example of heavy cav rushing through lines (Min 3:30)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:18:29 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »

It's not for you to say but to the infantry officers
With the amount of events that I host/have hosted or am at least involved in hosting you think I don't know the opinions of the major infantry officers? Trust me the majority of major infantry regiments or at least the majority of their players would be heavily against heavy cav.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 01:19:33 pm »
But trying to convince players is difficult on fse. Deleting a class on the pretext that it is too powerful is just a joke. As much to remove the good players because they are too OP
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:21:55 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee