Poll

What is your opinion on cannabis legalization?

Have it.
19 (45.2%)
Don't have it.
8 (19%)
Only for medical use.
9 (21.4%)
How much cannabis can I hide from my parents?
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Wide Legalization for the Recreational Use of Cannabis - Canada  (Read 19505 times)

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
So the Government of Canada is set to legalize cannabis by July 1st next year. The legalization is meant to eliminate the black market, create 15 000 new jobs, boost the economy, decrease crime and allow for the production of hemp as an alternative to cotton, paper and so on.

The Task Force comprised of lawyers, police officers, politicians, leading  doctors and scientists decided unanimously that the legalization of cannabis would be a good thing, the major concerns being for the youth in the development of the brain.

What is your opinion on the push by Trudeau's party that has overwhelming support?

Just no. I've tried it myself several times, nothing special imo. Seen what it does to ppl, just becomes sacks of useless shit sitting around like a bag of potatoes but less intelligent even though they think themselves on top of things.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
So the Government of Canada is set to legalize cannabis by July 1st next year. The legalization is meant to eliminate the black market, create 15 000 new jobs, boost the economy, decrease crime and allow for the production of hemp as an alternative to cotton, paper and so on.

The Task Force comprised of lawyers, police officers, politicians, leading  doctors and scientists decided unanimously that the legalization of cannabis would be a good thing, the major concerns being for the youth in the development of the brain.

What is your opinion on the push by Trudeau's party that has overwhelming support?

Just no. I've tried it myself several times, nothing special imo. Seen what it does to ppl, just becomes sacks of useless shit sitting around like a bag of potatoes but less intelligent even though they think themselves on top of things.

In Australia, its quite the opposite in terms of intellect. The top achievers in Australian high schools regularly use cannabis. The same I'm sure goes for Canada, the USA and every other country in the world. There is absolutely zero evidence to support the statement that cannabis effects your intellect. In fact there is evidence supporting the contrary. Cannabis activates the nerves and cells in your brain that make you pay attention to detail. It slows reaction speed and CAN decrease focus (I say can because it has the opposite effect on some). Like all other drugs, it depends on the person using it as to what will happen. Like everything in this world it has its bad and good parts. The only time I've ever seen anyone have a negative impact while on cannabis is when the person had schizophrenia. A behavioural condition that affects less than 1% of the population. Is it worth it to punish the 99.5% for the .5%? Is it worth it to punish the millions of cancer and terminal illness patients for the .5%?

Like you have a common over the counter cough syrup for example, which contains a drug called dextromethorphan, discount ketamine. Another over the counter cough syrup contains codeine, one of the most addictive and damaging drugs you can get. Why aren't these illegal if the goal really is to preserve people's health?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union

In Australia, its quite the opposite in terms of intellect. The top achievers in Australian high schools regularly use cannabis. The same I'm sure goes for Canada, the USA and every other country in the world. There is absolutely zero evidence to support the statement that cannabis effects your intellect. In fact there is evidence supporting the contrary. Cannabis activates the nerves and cells in your brain that make you pay attention to detail. It slows reaction speed and CAN decrease focus (I say can because it has the opposite effect on some). Like all other drugs, it depends on the person using it as to what will happen. Like everything in this world it has its bad and good parts. The only time I've ever seen anyone have a negative impact while on cannabis is when the person had schizophrenia. A behavioural condition that affects less than 1% of the population. Is it worth it to punish the 99.5% for the .5%? Is it worth it to punish the millions of cancer and terminal illness patients for the .5%?

Like you have a common over the counter cough syrup for example, which contains a drug called dextromethorphan, discount ketamine. Another over the counter cough syrup contains codeine, one of the most addictive and damaging drugs you can get. Why aren't these illegal if the goal really is to preserve people's health?
im actually curious can you post your sources that say the top achieves use cannabis
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Not just in Australia.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
I don't know of any sources. They're my personal friends. Met them at parties smoking dope. Some of the loosest people I know in terms of cannabis and yet they're top in the state and the country for their overall grades. In Australia we have what's called the ATAR, the Australian Tertiary Admissions Ranking. Not a mark, but a ranking system to find out how you compare against other students. Kind of like the LSAT for law schools in Europe and North America. You can find the ATAR results either online or on most newspapers. For example, the top in the state for English in the 2014 school year, my good friend Toby Wilcox, is one of the biggest pot heads I know. A good friend of mine as well, who is currently doing his high school diploma, is the captain of the debating team that has won the national championships 3 years in a row. Although he hasn't attained his marks yet, his trial marks put his ATAR score in the top .5% of the state. This guy has done every drug I know of apart from heroin and methamphetamine. He's done LSD, speed, mdma, ecstasy, cocaine, dom, shrooms, dmt, dxm, codeine, ketamine etc etc. And cannabis of course. He just turned 18 about a week ago and has been doing these drugs since he was 15 years old. He is living proof that drugs do not cause any form of serious harm to the intellect of young adults. He is living proof that drugs in fact cause the opposite. If any such research were to be done on the effects of cannabis in the young mind, one of the biggest problems that anti drug people would face would be people like my friend who have excelled in school  through drug use.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
Did I seriously just read you basically supporting the fact that a 15 year old kid did cocaine? You need sources to back up your claims. Just because you're friends happened to do drugs that doesn't mean it hasn't affected others. I'm not arguing for one or the other but please put forward some better evidence than that.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
If we're going with empirical evidence, my best friends grades declined after he started smoking weed habitually. Once he stopped (as it's normally not addictive) his grades, and general mental function, greatly improved.
In residence, it was drug users who had diminished academic performance, and the ones who didn't were on average more successful.
This debate is a bit more complicated than just "weed helps your education"

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
If we're going with empirical evidence, my best friends grades declined after he started smoking weed habitually. Once he stopped (as it's normally not addictive) his grades, and general mental function, greatly improved.
In residence, it was drug users who had diminished academic performance, and the ones who didn't were on average more successful.
This debate is a bit more complicated than just "weed helps your education"
same thing happened to my friend? Weird
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
I don't know of any sources. They're my personal friends. Met them at parties smoking dope. Some of the loosest people I know in terms of cannabis and yet they're top in the state and the country for their overall grades. In Australia we have what's called the ATAR, the Australian Tertiary Admissions Ranking. Not a mark, but a ranking system to find out how you compare against other students. Kind of like the LSAT for law schools in Europe and North America. You can find the ATAR results either online or on most newspapers. For example, the top in the state for English in the 2014 school year, my good friend Toby Wilcox, is one of the biggest pot heads I know. A good friend of mine as well, who is currently doing his high school diploma, is the captain of the debating team that has won the national championships 3 years in a row. Although he hasn't attained his marks yet, his trial marks put his ATAR score in the top .5% of the state. This guy has done every drug I know of apart from heroin and methamphetamine. He's done LSD, speed, mdma, ecstasy, cocaine, dom, shrooms, dmt, dxm, codeine, ketamine etc etc. And cannabis of course. He just turned 18 about a week ago and has been doing these drugs since he was 15 years old. He is living proof that drugs do not cause any form of serious harm to the intellect of young adults. He is living proof that drugs in fact cause the opposite. If any such research were to be done on the effects of cannabis in the young mind, one of the biggest problems that anti drug people would face would be people like my friend who have excelled in school  through drug use.

Lol, and Gorilla Munch cereal cures AIDS.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
My friend once wore odd socks and he got top marks on a test.

Come on George can we please remember that correlation is not causation

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile

Well, that is one of the foundations of the scientific method. I think the message here is more 'anecdotal evidence means very little'.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

Well, that is one of the foundations of the scientific method. I think the message here is more 'anecdotal evidence means very little'.
I mean it's centred around statistics so it does apply

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
Spoiler
[close]

I'm not sure what kind of modafinil weed your friends are smoking over in Australia, but my experience is a little more stereotypical. From what I've seen in the UK, pot smokers in my high school and their friends were always docile and scored the lowest in terms of academic achievement. The majority of the pot crew in my year at high school didn't even show up to sit their final exams.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:22:46 pm by Gordo »

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
apparently gorilla munch cereal cures AIDS because I'm not lying. You can't take the word of the US Government on any form of drug use because of their previous studies on cannabis, most notably the Ronald Reagan cannabis research. No form of independent research can be conducted on it because the drug is illegal. Legalize it, and we will know the truth.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
apparently gorilla munch cereal cures AIDS because I'm not lying. You can't take the word of the US Government on any form of drug use because of their previous studies on cannabis, most notably the Ronald Reagan cannabis research. No form of independent research can be conducted on it because the drug is illegal. Legalize it, and we will know the truth.
Okay, so don't trust the government because they lie, and the way we'll find out whether something is dangerous or have a negative effect on society is to legalize it and then see if it works
I hope you don't go into policy

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)