4 (16%)
5v5
4 (16%)
6v6
8 (32%)
7v7
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: League format  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: League format
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 02:52:27 am »
It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run

Jolly or Windflower would be good imo

There are obviously more people who are capable of doing a good job tho

Obviously there are people who can host it better then me even better then you, that doesn't mean I can't.  All the tourneys I've done (so far) weren't train wrecks, Vetro's was really unorganized as 3 teams signed up 5 minutes after the tourney and Vetro asked me last minute to host, I could've handled it much better but I didn't have the experience. I've had this league planned for a month and I actually want to/enjoy hosting these things. Jolly's doing his 1v1 regimental league and Windflower quit and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't want to do it either, if you don't like me hosting don't sign up simple as that.

Moving forward I suppose this league will be a 7v7 draft league unless there are a few more people who want to vote, I'm still thinking how the draft will work snake or regular, I'll post my thread in a few days so stay tuned :)
7v7 can be great on concept, but the only issue I see personally with it, is getting enough people to fill a sustainable amount of teams.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 03:14:17 am »
It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run

Why do you care how Kristine runs his tourney?

|Viper|

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 03:14:28 am »

Why do you care how Kristine runs his tourney?
+1

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 03:48:37 am »
I liked the 6v6  in WBMM

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 04:00:52 am »
Just have the rules laid out beforehand and decent refs and it should be fine. Also you could try and decide how many people will be participating by creating the thread and then deciding the team sizes once you get a good number to go off of. You also have to think about sub sizes. I think a 7v7 would ideally have 3-4 subs. However, if you did a 7v7 then you might be limited to only 2 subs if you want more than 5 teams (basing it whether or not you can get 40+ people to be interested).

Also I haven't checked the forums recently or played. Can someone fill me in on what happened with the recent tournaments?
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 04:04:02 am »
Just have the rules laid out beforehand and decent refs and it should be fine. Also you could try and decide how many people will be participating by creating the thread and then deciding the team sizes once you get a good number to go off of. You also have to think about sub sizes. I think a 7v7 would ideally have 3-4 subs. However, if you did a 7v7 then you might be limited to only 2 subs if you want more than 5 teams (basing it whether or not you can get 40+ people to be interested).

Also I haven't checked the forums recently or played. Can someone fill me in on what happened with the recent tournaments?
Yeh not having enough players is my biggest worry atm, if worst comes to worst I don't mind doing a 6v6 or 5v5 all depends on how many people sign up. I think for a 7v7 2 subs would be fine that's just my opinion.  Thanks for the advice really appreciate it!  ;D