Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 727082 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #5730 on: February 07, 2018, 02:01:03 am »
i dont think there were nearly as many tier 1 tournaments for NIP as there are today could be wrong as i started watching shortly after the ibp ban, which was like 2015.
NIP's premier level wins since 2014 are:
Dreamhack Summer 2014
ESL Cologne 2014
DH Malmo 2016
IEM Oakland 2016
Starseries S2 Finals
IEM Oakland 2017

six

Spoiler
lol Marceaux with the incredibly poor analysis as always

The silver who knows it all! ::)
Don’t have to be good at the game to know how it works.

No but it helps, and if you're silver i assume you have low hours. Less hours = less time following CS.

And to defend VP is just autism the past few YEARS they have been garbage. To act like they are some god team is just stupid. They never dominated the game for a long time and if they were so great they would be able to make pro league like all the other T1-2 teams regardless of circumstance.

Just because a shitty team stayed together for a long time doesn't make them legendary if they don't have the skills and consistency to back it up. And if were referencing other sports (pele), Michael Jordan was able to comeback to pro basketball in his 40's with the wizards and still perform like the god he was. Yet VP cant win anything anymore despite being so called legends and they aren't even THAT old?

I arent think that. ::)
I'm pushing 1k hours on CSGO and have followed since the Cluj-Napoca major. So I may be trash but I know the scene

So lets see how they compare with other teams in CS:GO history. I assume when you say a couple years you mean, say 4, so lets see how many premier level tournaments according to Liquidpedia they won since 2014 and compare it with other teams:
NiP won 6, finished top 4 16 times
Fnatic was clearly the most dominant, winning 16 and placing top 4 in 18
The Danes took home 9 and placed top 4 a whopping 25 times
The LG/SK Brazilians won 10 and took home 20 top 4 placings

And finally, Virtus Pro, the only team on this list to not make a roster change in this time, took home 7 titles and an astounding 25 top 4 placings, giving them the most top 4 placings in the last four years.

Final Numbers (Titles/top 4's):
NiP: 22
Fnatic: 34
TSM/Astralis: 34
SK/LG: 30
VP: 32

There are 3 problems I can forsee with this list:
1. The distinction between a premier and a major tournament on Liquidpedia seems rather strange, with the "major" ones ranging from what should be tier 2 minors to Blast pro series?? If you think this is will be a major change then count the major ones yourself I guess
2. Tournament placings differ on some player lists compared to the team list, i.e ESG Mykonos VP got 4th place but it's not on Pasha's achievements section. I went with the team list for everyone but LG/SK since both orgs have achievements before the Brazilians joined.
3. Why no french teams, I hear you ask? Because the volatility in the French scene makes it non-sensical to chose a core of players to track achievements wise. Do you choose the NBK-Apex-Kenny trio from the Cluj win or the Shox-Apex-Happy trio from the DH 2014 win? It's hard to track a french team through time.

Conclusion: No matter the online struggles, VP is up there with Fnatic, Astralis and SK/LG in one of the greatest teams of CS:GO in the past four years.

Cya next time Marceaux, shouldn't put out wild statements while knowing nothing!

Under 1k hours and you know it all. Congrats bro you're probably the next Thorin!!!

No point in debating with a guy that grabs random info/articles from the first place they can find them in a panicked rush every time his opinion is challenged.
[close]
>Makes a claim
>Gets proved wrong
>"What a know it all, you're wrong but you're just panicking haha memed you!"
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously or likes you, I literally just proved you wrong with evidence
You're a true peanut brain, Marceaux. Your opinion is, as it will always be, 100 percent worthless and idiotic

Says the guy that copied an article claiming weed killed people from a SATIRE website thinking it was real and factual proof for an argument. ::)

No one likes me on FSE omg BOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5731 on: February 07, 2018, 02:11:15 am »
Ah yes, one slip up - in 2014, on a totally unrelated subject, and something I not only publically recognized I was wrong in doing, and something that I took great care to never do again.

You've been saying shit out of your ass since then, been wrong most if not all of the time, and looked like a massive turd while doing so.

Get your sub 100 IQ out of here - actually, no, stay, since this is clearly the only place you have to turn to that hasn't completely rejected you yet.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: February 07, 2018, 02:26:37 am »
Ah yes, one slip up - in 2014, on a totally unrelated subject, and something I not only publically recognized I was wrong in doing, and something that I took great care to never do again.

You've been saying shit out of your ass since then, been wrong most if not all of the time, and looked like a massive turd while doing so.

Get your sub 100 IQ out of here - actually, no, stay, since this is clearly the only place you have to turn to that hasn't completely rejected you yet.

I have a feeling you have some deep issues in life. I am sorry for whatever they may be. Its just the internet though man no need to get so upset i am sure you have some irl friends you can talk to about it if you need. Sorry for hurting your feelings and causing you to lash out. I would never question your superior knowledge of counter strike or anything for that matter Theo you clearly know more about it then most especially me. :)

I have nowhere, i am le reject. Where will i go next... :'(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:30:31 am by Marceaux »

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5733 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:02 am »
I would like to point out that I bought Theo CSGO....that happened

Lurvy

« Reply #5734 on: February 07, 2018, 03:48:39 am »

What? That makes no sense? Are you saying  you have to be good at a sport/game to understand it? Cause... hate to break it to you, a majority of the best analyst in sports and eSports are not pro level players or even high-end. I actually am starting to think based on several comments I have read from you, that you don't understand CS that well at all.

Also, to say VP have been bad for years.... They hit a slump at the end of 2016 and bounced back. This was the first time they didn't.

Another good piece by Thorin and ZnipeTV: https://beta.znipe.tv/insight?i=5a1eb72bb4fd3c7dfa95dd35

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: February 07, 2018, 03:49:52 am »

I have a feeling you have some deep issues in life. I am sorry for whatever they may be. Its just the internet though man no need to get so upset i am sure you have some irl friends you can talk to about it if you need. Sorry for hurting your feelings and causing you to lash out. I would never question your superior knowledge of counter strike or anything for that matter Theo you clearly know more about it then most especially me. :)

I have nowhere, i am le reject. Where will i go next... :'(

Once again, you were the one who responded to an argument about a claim you made with ad hominems and personal attacks, so if anyone needs professional help its you bud, it seems that your feelings were the one hurt

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: February 07, 2018, 03:58:52 am »

What? That makes no sense? Are you saying  you have to be good at a sport/game to understand it? Cause... hate to break it to you, a majority of the best analyst in sports and eSports are not pro level players or even high-end. I actually am starting to think based on several comments I have read from you, that you don't understand CS that well at all.

Also, to say VP have been bad for years.... They hit a slump at the end of 2016 and bounced back. This was the first time they didn't.

Another good piece by Thorin and ZnipeTV: https://beta.znipe.tv/insight?i=5a1eb72bb4fd3c7dfa95dd35

I was referring to his hours and baiting at the same time 2 birds 1 stone. Did you even read the other posts?

And my opinion of VP is my opinion i do not care if you agree or not thats the beauty of opinions and especially the internet. They have proven time and time again they are over rated. Which was my entire point.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: February 07, 2018, 04:01:12 am »

Yea i came at you big time theo... ::)

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #5738 on: February 07, 2018, 04:59:24 am »
I think I'm in love with Theodin.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5739 on: February 07, 2018, 11:53:57 am »

I was referring to his hours and baiting at the same time 2 birds 1 stone. Did you even read the other posts?

And my opinion of VP is my opinion i do not care if you agree or not thats the beauty of opinions and especially the internet. They have proven time and time again they are over rated. Which was my entire point.

- proven wrong
- *starts throwing insults at people*
- realizes he's wrong
- *says it was a bait so he doesn't look like a complete retard*
- looks like a complete retard
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: February 07, 2018, 11:55:50 am »
Wasn't proven wronge. They are over rated.

Called a silver a silver. Get over it son, it is ok I promise. :)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #5741 on: February 07, 2018, 12:00:00 pm »
scream is also overrated

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: February 07, 2018, 04:00:19 pm »
I think I'm in love with Theodin.
You should get that checked out

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: February 07, 2018, 04:06:13 pm »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier