Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 727103 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #5130 on: September 05, 2017, 04:05:45 am »
I completely agree with what Theodin said. Having the ability to beat one top team does not make you the best team. That's not how competitive player works, it isn't so linear. G2 might simply have a setup which SK are poor at countering whilst other teams can to a certain extent. Before Malmo, the last best of three that G2 played was against EnvyUs which they lost!

And SK has actually had more recent success in terms of tournament wins than G2 has. Let's not forget that, before the major, SK won 5 out of the last six events that they had attended. Yes some of them were tier two events but that just shows that SK's achievements outnumber those of G2 in all respects. You can't say that SK are top because of past achievements because the rankings work in a degrading fashion meaning that past results become less relevant the more time that passes. Their old achievements won't count for much in terms of their rankings so they'll be reliant on more recent successes to maintain their ranking.

If a major or any event came down to SK and G2 over half the time G2 would win it.

G2>SK

Regardless you will keep your opinion as i mine, and i do not blame you for that as both sides have a valid point. But i believe time will prove G2 to clearly be the better team in not only head to head results but as a whole.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5131 on: September 05, 2017, 04:28:25 am »
Being a huge fan of G2 since the squad was formed with their new line-up (and an unconstable fanboy of former LDLC and EnVyUs back then) I'm quite happy to see them winning an event which many top teams attended.

That being said, being a fanboy doesn't mean being blind on what are the flaws of your favorite team and G2 still have many. Winning one event doesn't make them all dissapear at once.

G2 is not the best team at the moment, they're one of the teams which get the best results against SK currently because as either Toffee or Theodin pointed it, they come against them with a special mindset, that they can't quite reproduce against other teams. However G2 is one of the team which as the best potential right now to become a solid top 1, SK still undoubtedly holding this spot. Astralis are not great right now but they still are one of the major teams. 

Hopefully G2 will be able to reproduce such performances and get this top 1 they're looking for, I wish it for them but there is also a possibility that they just get back into this kind of slump they were a few weeks/months ago, and being able to see it just make you a realistic person.

Edit : Also have a lot of hopes in this NiP line-up, they still have work to do and room for improvement but the magic is back for sure and that such a refreshing feeling as the boys deserve it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:34:21 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5132 on: September 05, 2017, 06:07:54 am »
i like cloud 9
xD

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: September 05, 2017, 12:24:09 pm »
i like cloud 9
They will never be the same  :'(

rip shrooooody

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5134 on: September 05, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »
i like cloud 9

rip shrooooody
shroud is the most overrated player in na
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: September 05, 2017, 06:28:46 pm »
i like cloud 9

rip shrooooody
shroud is the most overrated player in na
I mean he isn't as good as he use to be but still this new version of C9 will flop.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: September 05, 2017, 06:35:55 pm »
Some say that if you look up the definition of an onliner then you'll only see a picture of shroud

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: September 05, 2017, 06:43:24 pm »
For the last year maybe, still has one of the strongest, mechanical aims
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: September 05, 2017, 06:50:50 pm »
For the last year maybe, still has one of the strongest, mechanical aims

:o
Please elaborate hahahaha

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: September 05, 2017, 07:02:59 pm »
If he was a strong aimer then the numbers would speak for themselves. But they don't. Shroud has all these crazy reddit front page posts making him look like one of the best players in the world but the truth is that he never really managed to replicate that in the big stage at LANs. Sure there are some crazy performances here and there but not to the level of f0rest and get right back in the day, olofmeister, coldzera, device etc who pull off this kind of stuff all the time.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #5141 on: September 05, 2017, 07:32:52 pm »
I agree with what Toffee said, I never understood why so many players and casters hyped his aim that much as performances where never amazing in that regards as Toffee pointed it out.

To me, Shroud had so many others qualities as a CS player that you don't need to emphasize something is actually not necesseraly amazing at.

And I will truly miss him and Nothing, they were part of the main reasons I followed C9 and even though Ska, Stewie and Tim are amazing players, I can't relate to them as much as I used to with their former teammates.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #5142 on: September 05, 2017, 10:22:54 pm »
The Sean Gares Summer C9 with Freakazoid was the true peak of Shroud. He came in, cleaned up/traded with Freakazoid and was utilized extremely well alongside Ska by Sean Gares. However, the meta has changed a lot and as we saw, Freak's bullying debacle spelled the end for that era and the end of Shroud. Sean Gares knew how to use the lineup the best and once Shroud was shifted into a support role, he was never the same. It would be like sticking your star player into Xy9nx's role. That's not to say they would be bad, but it's going to take a lot of readjusting and could ruin the player, as it did. Besides, the guy just hit 20k subs on Twitch which is stunning.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: September 05, 2017, 10:25:59 pm »
experts here
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #5144 on: September 05, 2017, 10:40:02 pm »