Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 280890 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2940 on: May 07, 2019, 12:06:17 am »
This is the best season of GoT by far.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #2941 on: May 07, 2019, 12:24:28 am »
Bittersweet my ass, the show has truly gone down the shitter to the point of no return. Any writer or magical scene cannot save it without being thoroughly and utterly assfucked 'til kingdom come. No matter what happens, the plot has been already been watered down, character arcs blown to bits, and expectations completely subverted in the worst possible manner. This is going to be the equivalent of taking a steak out to marinate, cooking it out in the Mojave sands, forget about it for a month, and then serve it to the public expecting a Michelin Star for your valiant effort. The finale may very well go down as one of the most lackluster (and possibly the worst) of a tv show with this scale and budget. At least you tried D&D, moronic twats.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2942 on: May 07, 2019, 12:40:28 am »
Spoiler
so euron has never fired the ballista thing at a dragon before and they just fuckin snipe a dragon out of no where (those shots were 3/3 I think)??? ok lol, and somehow a dragon  (sort of like an airplane) just doesn’t see an entire fleet of ships on a sunny day in the water?????? Some dogshit writing from D&D, fucking clowns. Such a great show that went down the drain after e2 this season

[close]

Yeah, it went down the drain years before season 8.

I agree to an extent, it was steadily declining but this season is just outright awful (especially e3 and e4). Just all about shock moments and shit to cater to the casual crowd who think this season is magnificent.

Spoiler
Spoiler
so euron has never fired the ballista thing at a dragon before and they just fuckin snipe a dragon out of no where (those shots were 3/3 I think)??? ok lol, and somehow a dragon  (sort of like an airplane) just doesn’t see an entire fleet of ships on a sunny day in the water?????? Some dogshit writing from D&D, fucking clowns. Such a great show that went down the drain after e2 this season

[close]

yeah that was so absurd. I couldn't believe it, especially how fast they reloaded and Dany's ships had no counter. It was pretty lame tbh
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Then he and his fleet proceed to literally barrage the other dragon with their ballistas and miss every shot lmao
[close]

also the fact they're mounted on a ship, you'd think that would fuck with their accuracy with all the rocking and whatnot. but yea --- drogon, the biggest target that is at a much closer distance than the other dragon at an easier angle than the other shots.... 0/100.
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 07, 2019, 12:53:57 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Yeah, it went down the drain years before season 8.

I agree to an extent, it was steadily declining but this season is just outright awful (especially e3 and e4). Just all about shock moments and shit to cater to the casual crowd who think this season is magnificent.

Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

yeah that was so absurd. I couldn't believe it, especially how fast they reloaded and Dany's ships had no counter. It was pretty lame tbh
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Then he and his fleet proceed to literally barrage the other dragon with their ballistas and miss every shot lmao
[close]

also the fact they're mounted on a ship, you'd think that would fuck with their accuracy with all the rocking and whatnot. but yea --- drogon, the biggest target that is at a much closer distance than the other dragon at an easier angle than the other shots.... 0/100.
[close]
Spoiler
You know what's even worse? I recall an interview with GRRM in which he said shooting down a dragon is virtually impossible at long range. The only instance of it happening was Aegon the Conquerer's sister who was killed fighting Dorne, and even that was a one in the million shot. So no noble or somewhat impactful death for Rhaegal, but instead killed off like a shitty expendable by a fleet of ships that should have been easily visible from their altitude.  >:(
[close]

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2944 on: May 07, 2019, 02:13:01 am »
This is the best season of GoT by far.
I hope you're joking

Bittersweet my ass, the show has truly gone down the shitter to the point of no return. Any writer or magical scene cannot save it without being thoroughly and utterly assfucked 'til kingdom come. No matter what happens, the plot has been already been watered down, character arcs blown to bits, and expectations completely subverted in the worst possible manner. This is going to be the equivalent of taking a steak out to marinate, cooking it out in the Mojave sands, forget about it for a month, and then serve it to the public expecting a Michelin Star for your valiant effort. The finale may very well go down as one of the most lackluster (and possibly the worst) of a tv show with this scale and budget. At least you tried D&D, moronic twats.

+1 good rant, 2 episodes left for the two cunts D&D to redeem themselves.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:15:00 am by Golden. »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2945 on: May 07, 2019, 02:46:35 am »
Spoiler
Jon not petting Ghost has caused me great anguish
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Darius.

• First Lieutenant
  • Tornado survivor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dracula himself
« Reply #2946 on: May 07, 2019, 06:26:05 am »
Spoiler
Jon not petting Ghost has caused me great anguish
[close]
Dw hes drinking giant milk in the far north now
Practice is good and all that, but alcohol and sex is also quite an apealing prospect.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 07, 2019, 04:22:50 pm »
I bet Greyworm is pissed they killed the NK now
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #2948 on: May 07, 2019, 04:47:12 pm »
Spoiler
I don't understand why they returned to dragon-stone tbh. Would have been more useful to have simply marched down and gathered more forces along the way. Given how most of the Riverlands, Reach, Stormlands as well as Dorne currently have armies that are either already declared against Cersei or have no warden (Stormlands, Reach and Riverlands have been vacant for a while now.)
[close]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:51:13 pm by Conway »

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #2949 on: May 07, 2019, 04:53:57 pm »
Spoiler
I don't understand why they returned to dragon-stone tbh. Would have been more useful to have simply marched down and gathered more forces along the way. Given how most of the Riverlands, Reach, Stormlands as well as Dorne currently have armies that are either already declared against Cersei or have no warden (Stormlands, Reach and Riverlands have been vacant for a while now.)
[close]
Good point but you have to remeber all good writers died while travelling across the narrow sea

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 07, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »
This is essentially espensive Fan Fiction
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 07, 2019, 09:44:40 pm »
Stannis is still the one true king.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #2952 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:46 am »
Spoiler
y tf does bran become king  ???
[close]
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: May 08, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »
I am just not able to accept that your average college student can come up with a better plot than Dumb and Dumber.

Jesus fuck how bad can you be at writing. Every single time they explain character decisions in those videos they upload after an episode aired I can't stop cringing.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 08, 2019, 04:01:22 pm »
Both dragons and Daenareys are appearantly blind since they can't spot that a giant Grejoy fleet until it's to late...