Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313618 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #3075 on: August 13, 2018, 06:10:55 pm »
What's the point of the rules then?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: August 13, 2018, 06:18:48 pm »

Ik.   Well i thought if i force them to change back, it will be scummy and look like im being biased.  Im just letting everyone know they have an advantage

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #3077 on: August 13, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »

Ik.   Well i thought if i force them to change back, it will be scummy and look like im being biased.  Im just letting everyone know they have an advantage
How is it scummy to enforce the rules?

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:06 pm »

Because they would have a much worse team, giving england a free win. We want to face their best team.  We'd all rather lose vs their best team than win vs their worst

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #3079 on: August 13, 2018, 06:21:38 pm »

Because they would have a much worse team, giving england a free win. We want to face their best team.  We'd all rather lose vs their best team than win vs their worst
So they broke the rules and you are justifying it by claiming its more fair that way. Do you not see the paradox here?

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: August 13, 2018, 06:28:36 pm »

So they broke the rules and you are justifying it by claiming its more fair that way. Do you not see the paradox here?

Oh dont get me wrong, its scummy as fuck.  But if i make them swap back to their old team.  If we win, all that will be said is that we got a free win.  And we dont want that.  We wanna fight them at their best, even if we lose.

The reason for that explanation was just to let everyone know how they have lied.   I say "they" aswell . Im not uncluding people such as Dren etc, as they had little knowledge of it.  My convo was with lebrave.  Figures.

Offline LeBrave

• Major
  • still better than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FRA
« Reply #3081 on: August 13, 2018, 06:42:56 pm »
i'm dont agree with that and i know what i sayd but I will not make a controversy and team France will be in the arena at 8GMT.

I say good luck to team GB, may the best win
1x Duel Champion (5x podiums)/ 5x NWWC champions / 74x tournaments finalists

1vs1-10vs10 champion and 3x golds RGL L1, 4x golds NWGFL L1 and 1x gold NLC.

Offline Cr3A

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 13, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »
Let's clarify some points about the french rosters :

1) In my case, I was already in FRA but was swapped with Vade, someone which actually never played an official match, which regarding the rules doesn't even count as a roster change. This leaves us with Drake, SharZ and Obelix.

2) When lebrave posted the french roster change before the semi-final, all the guys mentionned as "in vacations" were indeed away :

Spoiler
[close]
so that it was necessary to make this roster change in order to actually get enough players to for the match, not knowing when exactly the others would come back etc (some not wanting to play aswell, like tiberias for example).

And this was the fse post mentionning the final roster change which was accepted by the organiser :
Spoiler
[close]

3) Besides, Drake and sharz were already in the original roster when the french team signed up and played its first matches, and were indeed exchanged with players which maybe showed up in the beginning (tbh I don't remember seeing them a lot, like Bastille, Diablo, Tytygus etc) which makes them legitimitate players in the french lineup which again was agreed by the organiser, leaving Obelix the only new face (and not a known one) in today's lineup.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 13, 2018, 06:50:16 pm »
Let's clarify some points about the french rosters :

1) In my case, I was already in FRA but was swapped with Vade, someone which actually never played an official match, which regarding the rules doesn't even count as a roster change. This leaves us with Drake, SharZ and Obelix.

2) When lebrave posted the french roster change before the semi-final, all the guys mentionned as "in vacations" were indeed away :

Spoiler
[close]
so that it was necessary to make this roster change in order to actually get enough players to for the match, not knowing when exactly the others would come back etc (some not wanting to play aswell, like tiberias for example).

And this was the fse post mentionning the final roster change which was accepted by the organiser :
Spoiler
[close]

3) Besides, Drake and sharz were already in the original roster when the french team signed up and played its first matches, and were indeed exchanged with players which maybe showed up in the beginning (tbh I don't remember seeing them a lot, like Bastille, Diablo, Tytygus etc) which makes them legitimitate players in the french lineup which again was agreed by the organiser, leaving Obelix the only new face (and not a known one) in today's lineup.

The thing Lebrave isnt telling you Cr3a, is that The players i listed WERE MEANT TO BE REMOVED,  as i got told "theyre not gonna be here at all".  So the conditions were that those get removed, And that they drop to 12 members.  tahts the conditions.  However, they didnt remove ANY of them apart from troister.   so they lied. 

AS i said.  Keep the team,  However it was scummy.

Offline Cr3A

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 13, 2018, 06:56:59 pm »
The best solution would be to actually check the steam chats, because what I read on fse is obv not the same (and ik posting steamchats on fse isn't allowed, won't do it myself)

1)
Spoiler
[close]

2)
Spoiler
[close]

3)
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 13, 2018, 07:01:20 pm »
The best solution would be to actually check the steam chats, because what I read on fse is obv not the same (and ik posting steamchats on fse isn't allowed, won't do it myself)

1)
Spoiler
[close]

2)
Spoiler
[close]

3)
Spoiler
[close]

Haha, thanks for finding them for me :) 

1) Thats just me telling everyone they need alot of changes (The 6 i pointed out which were agreed on)

2) Thats showing the Roster you said youw ere gonna use for the UKR match, and as he said, remove the people who wont be there (Which i will point out, NONE of the 6 attended.) yet were kept on the roster

3) You are pointing out that the players you have are "legit"   The point is the fact that the AGREED players were not removed. 

Because as lebrave said alot of players needed to be removed : 
just just 7 players of france 3/4 of titular team going to holliday so i try to reform a team :)

Yet the players removed...none went on holdiay, and ALL were able to play, like diablo said.

Offline Cr3A

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 13, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
will be discussed after the match cuz we need to practice rn, what you're saying is not what i'm actually reading on the pics (and people will read it aswell; warmup first, trashtalk after). gl for tonight bro

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 13, 2018, 07:05:09 pm »
will be discussed after the match cuz we need to practice rn, what you're saying is not what i'm actually reading on the pics (and people will read it aswell; warmup first, trashtalk after). gl for tonight bro

Im not trashtalking you at all.  Goodluck for the match.  Im just saying you clearly have an unfair advantage which was gained unfairly

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #3088 on: August 13, 2018, 07:05:40 pm »

Better defeat them then

Gl
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 13, 2018, 07:17:06 pm »
Well. Their keeping the team so lets make it interesting xD
Axiom wont be here soo...

Jammo - IN
Axiom - OUT