Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313602 times)

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1800 on: March 19, 2018, 10:46:05 am »
I dont give a single fuck about this tournament just remove my application
also Hercules youre an assclown with that team you wont win anything if you'll face france they will rape ur ass
saved thanks

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 19, 2018, 10:48:12 am »
Spoiler
4 groups - 7 teams is actually okay. But swiss system looks much better in terms of fairness.

There are 27 Nations :/  Way too many teams for the Suisse system, would take too long and is open for a lot of bias
I'm sure that 2 or 4 nations will disband before the start anyway

First it would be better to have an even number for both groupstage system and swiss system.

With 28 teams, that means 14 matches by week, 5 rounds of swiss meaning that it will last 5 weeks to have 14 teams qualified. After that I suggest to do the classic elimination stage. The problem I see with 14 teams in the elimination stage is that there will be an odd number.

7 matches, so the best is to add 2 another nations in order to have 16 teams. I suggest taking both teams (among the 2-3 teams in the swiss stage) with the most rounds won.

Rules Summary :

Win 3 to qualify
Lose 3 to be eliminated
Always play a team with the same record
Never play the same team twice

And every sunday night you draw lots in order to know the matches for the following week.

If everything goes well, the whole tournament will last 9 weeks.

Week 1 to 5 everyone ( teams can be qualified from week 3)
Week 6 16 teams
Week 7 8 Teams
Week 8 4 Teams
Week 9 4 Teams (Final and Bronze, would be best to have the bronze match few days before the final)

Tbh, both system are viable, but after thinking the swiss format would be best. Because we all know that several nations will disband after losing 2 or 3 matches in the groupstage because they know that the qualification remains impossible. With the swiss system, even if you lose your two first matchs, you still can manage to qualify for the next stage because you will play against teams with the same record. That will prevent teams to disband.
[close]
And i started making a demo version to show that it will take only 1 week longer. Ty Tib for sparing my time and +1 for this explanation
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:50:37 am by KOBZIK »
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 19, 2018, 10:50:05 am »
Tbh, both system are viable, but after thinking the swiss format would be best. Because we all know that several nations will disband after losing 2 or 3 matches in the groupstage because they know that the qualification remains impossible. With the swiss system, even if you lose your two first matchs, you still can manage to qualify for the next stage because you will play against teams with the same record. That will prevent teams to disband.
+11

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1803 on: March 19, 2018, 10:54:47 am »
whats the point to allow macedonian and ukrainian team to play together he know that yugoslavia dont have players to attend in this tournament

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 19, 2018, 10:57:57 am »
whats the point to allow macedonian and ukrainian team to play together he know that yugoslavia dont have players to attend in this tournament

I dont give a single fuck about this tournament

Offline MrDixon

• Second Lieutenant
  • bI
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrDixon
« Reply #1805 on: March 19, 2018, 11:04:09 am »
For Admins:
Lvov will be my Co-Captain

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1806 on: March 19, 2018, 11:11:29 am »
I thought you didn’t care about the tournament so why are you still posting on the thread?

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #1807 on: March 19, 2018, 11:12:53 am »
I thought you didn’t care about the tournament so why are you still posting on the thread?
it wasnt me it was dusan hes using my account

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1808 on: March 19, 2018, 11:14:06 am »
Righttttt

Tournesol

« Reply #1809 on: March 19, 2018, 11:57:30 am »
Spoiler
4 groups - 7 teams is actually okay. But swiss system looks much better in terms of fairness.

There are 27 Nations :/  Way too many teams for the Suisse system, would take too long and is open for a lot of bias

First it would be better to have an even number for both groupstage system and swiss system.

With 28 teams, that means 14 matches by week, 5 rounds of swiss meaning that it will last 5 weeks to have 14 teams qualified. After that I suggest to do the classic elimination stage. The problem I see with 14 teams in the elimination stage is that there will be an odd number.

7 matches, so the best is to add 2 another nations in order to have 16 teams. I suggest taking both teams (among the 2-3 teams in the swiss stage) with the most rounds won.

Rules Summary :

Win 3 to qualify
Lose 3 to be eliminated

And every sunday night you draw lots in order to know the matches for the following week.

Week 6 16 teams
Week 7 8 Teams
Week 8 4 Teams
Week 9 4 Teams (Final and Bronze, would be best to have the bronze match few days before the final)

[close]
And i started making a demo version to show that it will take only 1 week longer. Ty Tib for sparing my time and +1 for this explanation

Actually the Groupstage system is 1 week longer yes.

6 weeks of groupstage, first 4 teams of the 4 groups go through the next stage. Then week 7 to week 10 to complete the whole tournament.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 19, 2018, 12:23:45 pm »
Thank you Tiberias :)
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Tournesol

« Reply #1811 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:23 pm »
Thank you Tiberias :)

Promote me co host xD

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:43 pm »
Spoiler

Rules Summary :

Win 3 to qualify
Lose 3 to be eliminated

Week 6 16 teams
Week 7 8 Teams
Week 8 4 Teams

[close]

6 weeks of groupstage, first 4 teams of the 4 groups go through the next stage. Then week 7 to week 10 to complete the whole tournament.
Alright and what’s about the date of the tournament?
I suggest the middle of April before the exams and before the summer vacation.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1813 on: March 19, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »
I voted for the later April date to give us more time to sort everything out.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Tournesol

« Reply #1814 on: March 19, 2018, 12:37:38 pm »
Spoiler

Rules Summary :

Win 3 to qualify
Lose 3 to be eliminated

Week 6 16 teams
Week 7 8 Teams
Week 8 4 Teams

[close]

Alright and what’s about the date of the tournament?
I suggest the middle of April before the exams and before the summer vacation.

I also suggest April 15th, it gives 4 weeks to finish the preparations of the tournament, teams updates, Nations bootcamp etc. Meaning the tournament will be finished mid June for the swiss system and end of june with groupstage system.