Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313609 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1785 on: March 19, 2018, 02:24:14 am »
Think I might sign up for this team England thing

Offline Hokej

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1786 on: March 19, 2018, 03:04:39 am »
Probably the best organized NWWC tournament yet  8)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #1787 on: March 19, 2018, 03:23:52 am »
4 groups - 7 teams is actually okay. But swiss system looks much better in terms of fairness.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 19, 2018, 03:52:48 am »
4 groups - 7 teams is actually okay. But swiss system looks much better in terms of fairness.

There are 27 Nations :/  Way too many teams for the Suisse system, would take too long and is open for a lot of bias

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #1789 on: March 19, 2018, 03:58:01 am »

There are 27 Nations :/  Way too many teams for the Suisse system, would take too long and is open for a lot of bias
I'm sure that 2 or 4 nations will disband before the start anyway
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 19, 2018, 04:15:30 am »

Even if there were only like 22 nations.  Still think there are too many nations for Suisse.

NEW POLL CONCERNING START DATE
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:20:11 am by Hercules »

Offline Zawiszaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 19, 2018, 10:18:47 am »
Tbh hercules is right, it would have taken too much time with Suisse system

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1792 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:12 am »
I dont give a single fuck about this tournament just remove my application
also Hercules youre an assclown with that team you wont win anything if you'll face france they will rape ur ass

Offline Zawiszaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:55 am »
also Hercules youre an assclown with that team you wont win anything if you'll face france they will rape ur ass

XDDDD

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1794 on: March 19, 2018, 10:30:08 am »
quoting this so you can't edit

Offline MnB_ExpS_g0ldenroman

• Private
  • "You aren't good, until you are an Expert"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 19, 2018, 10:30:32 am »
Team Austria/Switzerland
- Please let me know if you are happy to merge, also if there are any obstacles to overcome if this merge was to go ahead. If all happy:
- DarkTemplar will be a Co-Captain if he still wishes to.  Dan1 will be a Co-Captain if he wishes to.
- Please make a Steam group for your nation asap.

As far as I can tell, the Austrian team has 6 players already (including myself):
  • Dark Templar
  • DerConrad
  • HaBlaB
  • Nivek
  • Eddard Stark
  • g0ldenroman

As only 7/8 players are needed, what do you think about the following: The Germans have 40+ applicants, so there are a quite a few who will not be able
play on their Nation's team. Consequently, I would suggest to ask 2 or 3 willing Germans to join Austria. Everyone would be better off, as some Germans actually get to play in the NWWC and the Austrians would have their own Team.
1) "Mount 'n' Blade EXPERTSSSS" Leader (since 2017)
2) Winner "One man line Award" 2013 (beating a line alone)
3) 51 times champion of the Tropical Paradise (no cav)
4) Member of the glorious MnB_ExpS

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1796 on: March 19, 2018, 10:37:06 am »
Team Austria/Switzerland
- Please let me know if you are happy to merge, also if there are any obstacles to overcome if this merge was to go ahead. If all happy:
- DarkTemplar will be a Co-Captain if he still wishes to.  Dan1 will be a Co-Captain if he wishes to.
- Please make a Steam group for your nation asap.

As far as I can tell, the Austrian team has 6 players already (including myself):
  • Dark Templar
  • DerConrad
  • HaBlaB
  • Nivek
  • Eddard Stark
  • g0ldenroman

As only 7/8 players are needed, what do you think about the following: The Germans have 40+ applicants, so there are a quite a few who will not be able
play on their Nation's team. Consequently, I would suggest to ask 2 or 3 willing Germans to join Austria. Everyone would be better off, as some Germans actually get to play in the NWWC and the Austrians would have their own Team.
No, we are not going to let German players play with Swiss/Austria teams as that defeats the point of this whole tournament. Switzerland also have a fair few signups at the moment so if you play together there will be a full team easily.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Tournesol

« Reply #1797 on: March 19, 2018, 10:39:11 am »

First it would be better to have an even number for both groupstage system and swiss system.

With 28 teams, that means 14 matches by week, 5 rounds of swiss meaning that it will last 5 weeks to have 14 teams qualified. After that I suggest to do the classic elimination stage. The problem I see with 14 teams in the elimination stage is that there will be an odd number.

7 matches, so the best is to add 2 another nations in order to have 16 teams. I suggest taking both teams (among the 2-3 teams in the swiss stage) with the most rounds won.

Rules Summary :

Win 3 to qualify
Lose 3 to be eliminated
Always play a team with the same record
Never play the same team twice

And every sunday night you draw lots in order to know the matches for the following week.

If everything goes well, the whole tournament will last 9 weeks.

Week 1 to 5 everyone ( teams can be qualified from week 3)
Week 6 16 teams
Week 7 8 Teams
Week 8 4 Teams
Week 9 4 Teams (Final and Bronze, would be best to have the bronze match few days before the final)

Tbh, both system are viable, but after thinking the swiss format would be best. Because we all know that several nations will disband after losing 2 or 3 matches in the groupstage because they know that the qualification remains impossible. With the swiss system, even if you lose your two first matchs, you still can manage to qualify for the next stage because you will play against teams with the same record. That will prevent teams to disband.

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:18 am »
Probably the best organized NWWC tournament yet  8)
Time to make Slovakian team

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1799 on: March 19, 2018, 10:45:05 am »
Mighty pain getting mad