Author Topic: Removing the animation has killed a LOT of fun - please put it back  (Read 8172 times)

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Removing the animation has killed a LOT of fun - please put it back
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 12:10:32 pm »
Well if a surrender animation was added the rules would need to change to allow people to teamkill whoever surrenders. Not one step back!  :P

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
I never trust a man who surrenders with his weapon shouldered. ;)
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 02:37:25 pm »
Surrendering was not really an option during the First World War, so I don't see why you want the surrendering animation back? If you surrendered, or you were a coward; you'd be shot by your own side.

If they did however add the surrendering animation back into Iron Europe, then the server rules would have to change so like you are allowed to teamkill surrendering team mates for basically being a coward. :P

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 03:20:40 pm »
If you surrendered, or you were a coward; you'd be shot by your own side.
That's not true. The only time the soldiers themselves surrendered was when one of the sides charged an enemied trench. The problem was that most of the men were so feared and angry that they did not make many prisoners. Also it was really dangerous to have a captured enemy with you on the battlefield. You were slow and could easily get captured yourself.
But if you surrendered, your side was mostly overrun and there was none left to shoot you for cowardice.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 03:56:01 pm »
Could we get all the 'Mah people didn't surrender in WW1!'-crap out? They did. In every war people surrendered. Whether they got shot after doing so is a completly different story.

Surrendering is not the same as cowardice in the face of the enemy, by the way.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 04:00:14 pm »
+1

You don't get an instant shot in the head by your comrade if you put up your hands.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 04:03:49 pm »
+1

You don't get an instant shot in the head by your comrade if you put up your hands.
You do if I'm there. :P
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »
Woah, better praise Duuring for his 5000 posts.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 04:32:45 pm »
Surrendering was not really an option during the First World War, so I don't see why you want the surrendering animation back? If you surrendered, or you were a coward; you'd be shot by your own side.

How about those 92 000 Russians at Tannenberg? Surrendering was clearly an option for them, and they were not shot by their own side.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 04:38:52 pm »
Surrendering for the single soldier in close combat was no good option, but in big units surrenders happened often when they got cut off (like at Tannenberg).

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »
The surrendering animation is the same as musicians in NW, completely pointless and encourages people not to fight and annoy others therefore you can take your surrender animation and shove it up your...

Offline fanofie

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 08:13:28 pm »
@ xanderman  - why do you care if people want  a bit of light hearted fun.  not everybody just wants to mele and kill.   does it make you mad when you see people not fighting?   or are you one of these groupfighting admins who perm ban anybody on sight that does not have a regiment tag because it means they are automatically a troll right?
you take this game so seriously.   its the whole point that this game is very much a role play kind of game and not a bang bang shoot em up, that has made the mount blade series so popular in the first place.

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:06 pm »
The surrendering animation is the same as musicians in NW, completely pointless and encourages people not to fight and annoy others therefore you can take your surrender animation and shove it up your...
+1

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:34 pm »
@ xanderman  - why do you care if people want  a bit of light hearted fun.  not everybody just wants to mele and kill.   does it make you mad when you see people not fighting?   or are you one of these groupfighting admins who perm ban anybody on sight that does not have a regiment tag because it means they are automatically a troll right?
you take this game so seriously.   its the whole point that this game is very much a role play kind of game and not a bang bang shoot em up, that has made the mount blade series so popular in the first place.
Mmm, I think the Mount and Blade game has been so popular because of the awesome melee system, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I do get annoyed when I see people surrendering and not being killed if they're last man standing (if they aren't the last on their team, I don't really care as long as they get killed in the end) because the point of the game is the fighting. It is very much a hack and slash game, just with more depth and less polish than the average one, which is what makes it so endearing, and people delaying (that is what they're doing, delaying) prevents people that are dead from getting back into the action.

***I am of course referring only to Battle mode, in other modes where you have more than one life in a round, I really don't care how you play.***

+1
+2
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:29:42 pm by Killington »
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »
Mate I'm not that serious about this game and I love having light hearted fun as much as the next guy but when your light hearted fun starts to impede on my enjoyment of the game that's when I get mad. Because musicians and surrenders are basically one less gun or bayonet for the team which puts said team at a disadvantage. Like Killington said this is a multiplayer game that revolves around killing the enemy and if that isn't your thing then I believe 'HelloKitty Online' is the game for you.