Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 77486 times)

Offline Lemonsquid

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2014, 09:03:00 pm »
I like this guy.

I love this guy! ( Lemonsquid) Nice picture btw.  ;)

Indeed i found this beauty the other day. I consider getting it in a canvas

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
28th Mass. Proud to live in the same state that those glorious men hailed from.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »
I cannot see the first two pictures, odd.. is it just me?
Spoiler
Both sides, Union & Confederacy still mistreated the enslaved black race of humans, in the North this is evident but was more strongly seen in the South due to their economy foundation since the colonies formed. As I see it, both sides did terrible things to the other in a bloody civil war throwing men into the fray and calling for more to join the fight. May it not be forgotten the Confederacy opened fire, first shots upon Fort Sumter. It is noteworthy the hypocrisy of the North concerning slavery is appalling IMO. "All men are created equal" yet not treated equal.

In my opinion which is to each their own, mine is supporting of the Union in the end. Keeping the United States of America as one and moving to a more progressive era to stop this cruel treatment of people just because of the color of their skin. The KKK as a terrorizing group and the Southern anti-Reconstruction mindset tried to discourage more civil rights for 'blacks' by keeping them out of office and murdering them.

Bottom line, even if Lincoln very much did controversial actions as president that is questionable of power limits. It was important from the North perspective to keep the United States - united. If the U.S. and C.S. continued on it would not be too long until a European nation would take advantage of the conflict. Great Britain would surely of taken the opportunity to suppress the North American colonies once again. If the nation was divided it would be a goner to remain independent for long.

As a western American from the Pacific coast, and from a State forbidding slavery: as I see it the U.S. would of been worse off had the Confederacy won the war and kept the blacks in slavery and harass/terrorize blacks and the white sympathizers of them. A what if eventuality the slaves would rise up against their owners and the U.S. would have an even Larger history of resentment from the blacks directed to us whites. A history of hating a race for terrible things done to the other.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:19:09 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Lemonsquid

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 30, 2014, 06:06:22 pm »
I cannot see the first two pictures, odd.. is it just me?
Spoiler
Both sides, Union & Confederacy still mistreated the enslaved black race of humans, in the North this is evident but was more strongly seen in the South due to their economy foundation since the colonies formed. As I see it, both sides did terrible things to the other in a bloody civil war throwing men into the fray and calling for more to join the fight. May it not be forgotten the Confederacy opened fire, first shots upon Fort Sumter. It is noteworthy the hypocrisy of the North concerning slavery is appalling IMO. "All men are created equal" yet not treated equal.

In my opinion which is to each their own, mine is supporting of the Union in the end. Keeping the United States of America as one and moving to a more progressive era to stop this cruel treatment of people just because of the color of their skin. The KKK as a terrorizing group and the Southern anti-Reconstruction mindset tried to discourage more civil rights for 'blacks' by keeping them out of office and murdering them.

Bottom line, even if Lincoln very much did controversial actions as president that is questionable of power limits. It was important from the North perspective to keep the United States - united. If the U.S. and C.S. continued on it would not be too long until a European nation would take advantage of the conflict. Great Britain would surely of taken the opportunity to suppress the North American colonies once again. If the nation was divided it would be a goner to remain independent for long.

As a western American from the Pacific coast, and from a State forbidding slavery: as I see it the U.S. would of been worse off had the Confederacy won the war and kept the blacks in slavery and harass/terrorize blacks and the white sympathizers of them. A what if eventuality the slaves would rise up against their owners and the U.S. would have an even Larger history of resentment from the blacks directed to us whites. A history of hating a race for terrible things done to the other.
[close]

My pictures appear to have been broken. Or by a moderators deathly hand!

Offline Ingvar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2014, 06:32:55 pm »
Confederacy all the way!

Better songs! Better culture! And a whole lot of southern charm ftw ;)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2014, 09:11:24 pm »
Confederacy all the way!

South is so charming with that whip

But okei massa
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Ingvar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
Confederacy all the way!

But okei massa

That ignorance is top lel. Will enjoy skewering you on the field ya tyrant scumbag!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »
Confederacy all the way!

But okei massa

That ignorance is top lel. Will enjoy skewering you on the field ya tyrant scumbag!

I'll take "jokes" for 500.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »
Its funny how many of the guys going for union think they are the good guys... Stop talking about how Lincoln and the union freed the slaves and how the civil war is about slavery. 150 years ago people looked at things differently and there was as many racists in the north as in the south and other places in the world. There was slaveowners in the north and slaveowners in the south and the reason why most of the north Banned slavery (not slaveowner) is because of practical reasons not moral (same as when Lincoln allowed African-Americans in the army in 1862). The free slaves had it often worse after the war since none gave them jobs or wanted anything to do with them. In many cases they was even denied to be buried (same case with the indians), so they had to their own funeral companies. Before and especially after the war the indians where treated as bad as the African-Americans if not worse, just look at the battle of wounded knee if you think the union was something different...  ( ) Look at things from other sides then your own. Please stop discussing this topic, because its so pointless and unnecessary.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »
Yeah, neither side in a war is good.

Thanks, just realized this for first time evar mind is like totally blowing omg
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #385 on: November 28, 2014, 03:28:47 pm »
The Civil War was not a war to end slavery. It was only to ensure that the US wouldn't fall apart and cause economic despair for the North. It's bullshit and has been whitewashed, Lincoln who only "emancipated" the slaves because there was no alternative to save the Union and never expected black and white people to co-exist on a mutual level in society, is made to look like a hero.

Lincoln stated that if he could have saved the Union without freeing the slaves he would have done so. Lincoln didn't give a fuck about ending slavery he just wanted to ensure the south would not be able to pick up and leave the north after the war so he had to make sure he bankrupted them basically.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »
Just to finish off what I said, I am from Norway and we haven't got any slave history to talk about, but we treated our natives like shit just like they did in America, and you will be able to find this in almost every counties history. This was a long time ago and we looked at things differently, and people could not find anything wrong with it, but when we look at it now we can't believe we could do such things just because they where different then we where. History has changed us, and I know in some years people will look back on us and think, how the hell could we be ok with, or let that or this happen. Anyway, small fact at the end, in WW2 44000 indians joined the US army and that is 1/3 of those who was able to (18-50) and 40% more then others that volunteered, but was not treated any better.

End of speech and enough talk about this, just be proud of what you believe  :)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2014, 04:26:19 am »
The Confederacy of course! I'm a proud Southerner with ancestors who wore the butternut and gray. My ancestors were Louisiana infantry, Texas cavalry, various Cherokee groups, and many others that fought in various other Confederate regiments.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:30:26 am by Akko »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »
The Confederacy of course! I'm a proud Southerner with ancestors who wore the butternut and gray. My ancestors were Louisiana infantry, Texas cavalry, various Cherokee groups, and many others that fought in various other Confederate regiments.

Damn rebel scum. We'll march into Dixie, shouting the battecry of freedom
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2014, 03:21:45 pm »
Our Dixie forever!  She’s never at a loss! Down with the eagle and up with the cross! We’ll rally ‘round the bonny flag, we’ll rally once again, Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!!!