Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 77592 times)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:51 am »
The Southerners wanted to hold on to their chattel slavery, while northern industrial capitalists wanted to replace it with something more efficient (wage slavery).
Where instead of relying on the whip and chains, you can get your slaves work "voluntarily", by giving out a reward for the best slaves, who would be allowed to become higher status slaves - aka managers and executives.

John Brown knew whats up and was a hero, and i would've fully support his idea of arming slaves to kill their masters. It's a bit more complicated than "Civil War was about ending slavery" though.

To me its like the USSR fighting the Nazis, why even pick a side?
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:32 pm »
Go away. This is a fun thread, not yet another platform to spam anarchistic conspiracy theories.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2014, 01:25:55 pm »
i second that
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01:03 pm »
lol aight, have fun, boys.

i second that

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2014, 05:11:16 am »
Union
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2014, 03:58:17 am »
There is no more high demand for cotton anymore. Oil is gone in Texas, that's why you don't see Texaco anymore as much. Tobacco is the only thing I see the South would have a chance with; but that wouldn't bring enough income to stabilize a country. With the world slowly declining with smoking rates. Now correct me if wrong but that's all I cant think of. And take slave labor out of the conclusion.

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:34 am »
Confederate to the end.
I would not desire to be a politically brain-washed Yankee getting horse-drawn into a war by them greedy, power-hungry leaders up north, using ad campaigns with holy marxist ideologies about slavery to pursue their political control and producing national bias about southerns over such things as their "intelligence", and which as stated before, the union didn't remove slavery from their own turf until after the war started, obviously using slavery as fuel to feed the fire. Anyone who thinks it was a good idea getting roughly 620,000 Americans killed over a measly 4-8 percent of Confederates who actually owned slaves is a self-ascended marxist fanatic. The world was advancing quickly and as many have said, it would have died out in the south of natural cause anyway, and without all the death, and we wouldn't have formed such prejudices as "southern redneck illiterate neanderthals" and "yankee brainwashed self-centered city-creeps." This war's main focus was not about slavery, though slavery was a growing concern that was brought to the forefront when the north realized the confederation was forming and wanted to squash the secession. The Confederates power in the senate was shrinking to the point that the southern states felt they needed to act or they wouldn't have their own voice in the senate anymore. The decision was to form their own government. This war was about political dominance and power, and I'll be fighting nobly on the side of freedom and liberation.

^That's just for the sake of defending an old argument, I'm actually a fun-lovin' guy... who's gonna blow all your guts out with ranked volleys when this game is finally released!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:19:23 am by Furnardan »
Furnie

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2014, 10:00:00 am »
^ You talk about the power hungry north attacking the south but you forget it was a rebellion and the only natural reaction of a rebelling part of country is to take it back by force so don't try to make it out like the big bad wolf attack another country fact is the south was not another country it received no recognition by any other country in the world all of them view it as a rebellion so any action taken by the united states during the civil war was a action any other country would have done. And yes slavery was just one more reason used by the north to justify the war which it really did not need to use since there is no more reason in the world then taking back what belongs to it.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2014, 11:05:50 pm »
Each state decided for himself to join the Union. And in 1861 some weren't content and decided to leave.
Seems legit to me.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2014, 11:23:23 pm »
Confederate to the end.
I would not desire to be a politically brain-washed Yankee getting horse-drawn into a war by them greedy, power-hungry leaders up north, using ad campaigns with holy marxist ideologies about slavery to pursue their political control and producing national bias about southerns over such things as their "intelligence", and which as stated before, the union didn't remove slavery from their own turf until after the war started, obviously using slavery as fuel to feed the fire. Anyone who thinks it was a good idea getting roughly 620,000 Americans killed over a measly 4-8 percent of Confederates who actually owned slaves is a self-ascended bigot and a marxist fanatic. The world was advancing quickly and as many have said, it would have died out in the south of natural cause anyway, and without all the death, and we wouldn't have formed such prejudices as "southern redneck illiterate neanderthals" and "yankee brainwashed self-centered city-creeps." This war's main focus was not about slavery, slavery was an impromptu concern that was brought to the forefront when the north realized the confederation was forming and wanted to squash the secession. This war was about political, tyrannical dominance and power, and I'll be fighting nobly on the side of freedom and liberation.

^That's just for the sake of defending an old argument, I'm actually a fun-lovin' guy... who's gonna blow all your guts out with ranked volleys when this game is finally released!

Er... huh? Wha? I feel as though I just went into deep Kentucky back when owning people was a thing.

How the hell was the Union marxist!?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:25 am »
I'm pretty sure 'Marxist' or 'communist' or anything 'left' is an adjective meaning 'Something I don't like' in the USA.

Specially in the south.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2014, 03:30:06 am »
But come on, if slavery wasn't such a big factor then why the hell did the South KEEP SLAVERY? The main reason Lincoln was despised was because in the Senate he acted very abolitionist.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2014, 04:38:13 am »
^ You talk about the power hungry north attacking the south but you forget it was a rebellion and the only natural reaction of a rebelling part of country is to take it back by force so don't try to make it out like the big bad wolf attack another country fact is the south was not another country it received no recognition by any other country in the world all of them view it as a rebellion so any action taken by the united states during the civil war was a action any other country would have done. And yes slavery was just one more reason used by the north to justify the war which it really did not need to use since there is no more reason in the world then taking back what belongs to it.

As if I didn't know I'd stir the bee hive by saying all that, haha! You fellas take me too seriously, but still, you have fallen into my trap of argumentation! Let the pointless battle commence!

The term USA does not stand for "Kingdom" or "Empire" or such single-unit dictated nation. USA stands for "United States" of America, every state is its own governing body with various differing laws but that unite under the constitution and, what is originally suppose to be, a government "for the people, by the people." It's not like half of England was dividing itself and calling itself Southern England and Northern England. These were already separate yet symbiotic states holding under the same constitution and voted in governmental electives.

And about slavery, there comes repercussions when you suddenly decide to release all the slaves in an entire country at once. For one thing, you're creating a huge competition in wages for white workers and suddenly hitting the economy with an army of penny-less and hungry people, and also, the southerners feared for their own security; all those slaves of theirs being freed could instantly turn around to take revenge on them! Even taking a quote from Lincoln who acknowledges this with the abolishing of slavery in the south: Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States that by the accession of a Republican Administration their property and their peace and personal security are to be endangered.

But in all honesty, don't take my word for it, go read a few articles (that way you get a better picture and not just one person's single view) about the issues leading up to the civil war and the secession of the Confederate states. I'm just defending the Confederate side of things because no one hardly does, and because I'm going to be playing as a Confederate officer, so I gotta defend my cause!

And hey Duuring, you're an example of that north-south bias I was talking about, as to deminstrate, I'll take the opposite side and say: how's that Obama treating ya, 'left' side buddy? Glad you voted him into office, he sure saved our economy and brought us to a much better place!  ::) Assuming you live in the states...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:59:59 am by Furnardan »
Furnie

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2014, 04:59:12 am »
He's from the Netherlands actually. He acts as an outside observer to the affair, it's nice to know what the rest of the world thinks about it.