Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 77078 times)

Offline Icarus

• Major
  • Groupfighting Admin, Tyrant of the old 1stKGL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex 91st_LCpl_Matthew_Young
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:00 pm »
Slaves!

Offline Vliegende Hollander

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 82nd_Pte_George_Wilson
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »
Confederates!!!!

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2013, 12:41:10 am »
 :o
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2013, 12:15:25 am »
A quote i found.

''This war is not about slavery''

~General Robert E. Lee

Right. Because one of their highest militairy commanders is a very reliable and unbiased source. That's like saying the Holocaust wasn't bad because Hitler said 'We kill them cos they evil".

To be fair, Lee was actually pro gradual ablolition. Hell, he was anti-Secession. Only reason he joined the CSA was to defend Virginia.

In my book, Lee's a good man. Wouldn't call him the bet source for the whole view of the CSA, but he was still a good man. My second favorite ACW General, behind Longstreet.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2013, 04:01:37 am »
The fact that Lee refused to stand up for what he believed and simply went along with what his home state was doing makes him a coward in my book.

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2013, 04:37:18 am »
^ yea while i think he was a good man and leader his command brought about the death of over 600,000 deaths gods know how many wounded a war that lasted 4 years destroying half the country and a rift in america that still lastd to this day

if i went back in time  on the day he took command of the south i would have sayed to him you are a good man but i cant allow you to do what you are going to do. go to god *bang*

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2013, 12:11:45 am »
Before you go calling Lee a coward you have to remember what life was like back then. Imagine how it would look on him from his family, and friend to know he left the south to go fight for the north and betray his heritage. Admittedly he did cause death to thousands but I don't really think he would have had a choice. Fight for the union and be forever persecuted or fight for the south and fight against his own beliefs.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:10 am »
In what way would a general be "persecuted"?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:57 pm »
Persecuted is the wrong word, my bad, I guess "shunned" or "shamed" works better in that situation.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »
Confederacy. Roll Tide.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2013, 10:25:33 pm »
For The Union! Take down them rebs!

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2013, 01:04:48 am »
I used to think if you were +Confederacy you were +KKK and Slavery. Now that I've read more about it (not even that much) I come to the standpoint that there is more than meets the eye. 

IMO it was the upper class plantation owners who fought the Civil War for slavery.  People like General Lee fought for the protection of their state, protection of their rights as states etc.  You can go around saying someones a coward, but you aren't them and you don't know what you would do if you were in their position.  People like Lee fought in the war, and yes they did inadvertently fight for a continuation of slavery, but not every Southerner fought it because they wanted to keep Blacks enslaved.  I still won't be hanging Confederate flags around my house, but I won't be looking at every +Confederacy Southerner as a racist (sadly the ones we hear about are those types)

People will always say that the South fought for slavery and the North fought to beat the rebs, but there was much more than that involved. 

Back to the game.... Think I'd enjoy playing as either side.  Always loved the Union style, and Hell on Wheels makes me love the Southern style  :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:09:01 am by AntonioTheWorstAtMelee »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2013, 02:27:14 am »
The fact that Lee refused to stand up for what he believed and simply went along with what his home state was doing makes him a coward in my book.
Easy enough for you to say behind your keyboard. You are the coward in my book.

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2013, 06:01:09 am »
Easy enough for you to say behind your keyboard. You are the coward in my book.

YOU are the coward for spreading your anti-immigrantion shit on the internet here, I dare you go infront of immigrants and say you support SD.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »
Lee made a choice. In my opinion, he didn't make the right one. I understand why he went with the CSA, so I wouldn't call him a coward.

We can throw around the idea of Lee being a coward as much as you damn well please, he had reasons for what he did. Maybe he thought he could have gotten the CSA to abolish slavery later on. Maybe he thought that the southern states would come to their senses after a year of war, I dunno.

Still, depending on which way you see it, he was either a man of great strength or great cowardice. He sacrificed his views for his people, he sacrificed his home and standing for Virginia. But, he did sacrifice his morals nether the less.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.