Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 77603 times)

Offline RyanBoss

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BigBoss
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:28 pm »
Personally, I've always been drawn to the Confederacy only because I really admire the individual Confederate soldier. Their desire, heart and unflinching loyalty to their command are great. Politically? I'm Union of course.

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hessian Daddy (seeking shelter in the Uk atm)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Cdt_James_vanKliff
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:04 pm »
British Empire ftw!
Do you have enemies? Good, that means you´ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Drop ya pants prick

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2013, 01:02:13 am »
Confederate - People assume the confederates only purpose and reason for going to war was that they believed black people were inferior; it wasn't. They went to war to protect their people, take away their slaves and take away their main economy fund. They fight with what they could gather together, boys took up arms with their fathers.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
  • Side: Union
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »
I would fight for the Union, because my family has lived in the north its entire time here lol.

Plus, although some people say that the CSA had just cause, I believe that Lincoln was right in saying that a house divided cannot stand.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2013, 07:37:10 am »
i currently reside in the North and believe in the Union's cause. But I have made a confederate regiment for a few reasons: I like their uniforms, I like being a rebel, I like the rustic look, I need to satisfy the amount of right-wingers I have in my regs.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2013, 10:03:09 am »
Union.  ;D

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2013, 01:42:51 pm »
Im a Union Man

Your descripton disagrees
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gunther AV

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:07 pm »
Confederate - People assume the confederates only purpose and reason for going to war was that they believed black people were inferior; it wasn't. They went to war to protect their people, take away their slaves and take away their main economy fund. They fight with what they could gather together, boys took up arms with their fathers.

You disgust me. They went to war politically and economically. After Abraham Lincoln become president, they thought the Republicans were gonna outlaw slavery. Because Lincoln outlawed expansion of Slavery, some people thought that the State government should decide between Slave states and Free states. Then when Lincoln called for the different states of the Union to raise armies in order to fight the rebels of the states that had pulled out, more states left the Union. It was because these states had left the Union, and that it was seen as an open act of rebellion, that the War of Northern Aggression was started.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2013, 05:30:40 pm »

You disgust me. They went to war politically and economically. After Abraham Lincoln become president, they thought the Republicans were gonna outlaw slavery. Because Lincoln outlawed expansion of Slavery, some people thought that the State government should decide between Slave states and Free states. Then when Lincoln called for the different states of the Union to raise armies in order to fight the rebels of the states that had pulled out, more states left the Union. It was because these states had left the Union, and that it was seen as an open act of rebellion, that the War of Northern Aggression was started.

Not as if the Confederate States would manage their own economy... Barely any industry.
Same counts for the North though, Barely any agriculture.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gunther AV

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2013, 06:15:59 pm »
There were both Pros and Cons for each side.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2013, 09:55:16 pm »
Ill stand by the Union with billy barlow!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »
I voted Confederate because State Right Swagg.

Honestly if "both" was a option, id go for it. I admire the Confederacy for its uniform and their bravery against odd.

I too, admire the union for its dedication to preserve the union. (Western Federals "Billy's Boys" are 10x better :P )

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:58 pm »
Ill stand by the Union with billy barlow!

Then why does your profile say confederate?

Offline Venom

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:33 am »
personally i am drawn to the union and units such as the 6th Wisconsin, but i also love the confederate uniform and their bravery so idk which side

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2013, 09:44:42 pm »
Why does only the Confederates get props for bravery? I know no braver soldiers than the Federals at Fredricksburg
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.