Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 76476 times)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:24 am »
Union, there were some Canadians that joined the Union army  ;D
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline O`Finnegan

• Donator
  • "The Coolest Swinger This Side Of LA"
    • View Profile
    • 6th Texas Website
  • Nick: "Fin" "Finny" "Colonel"
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2013, 04:12:23 am »
Neither, Confederate Irregulars, WE DO WHAT WE WANT!
I'm Done, Be Back For BcoF

Offline Roald Hoffmann

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »
Neither, Confederate Irregulars, WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

'MURICA

Offline Ghost98

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:57 am »
This is ridiculous, the South was NOT all about slavery. Did anyone forget the extra 9% tax Lincoln imposed on all Southern States?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2013, 11:03:46 am »
The entire war was started because of slavery. The Union fought to abolish slavery and the Confederates fought to keep their slaves and to take other states to expand their 'slave empire'. Yes they fought for independence but only because the government would not allow them to keep slaves. So if you really support the Confederate ideology in real life then you support the idea of slavery.

LOL!
You have ZERO knowledge about the civil war.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
But seriously, Denmark is to blame for the civil war, you all know that right?
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »
The entire war was started because of slavery. The Union fought to abolish slavery and the Confederates fought to keep their slaves and to take other states to expand their 'slave empire'. Yes they fought for independence but only because the government would not allow them to keep slaves. So if you really support the Confederate ideology in real life then you support the idea of slavery.

LOL!
You have ZERO knowledge about the civil war.

Can we try and be a bit more constructive with our criticism?
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2013, 06:24:57 pm »
Someone wanna give me a quick summary of what caused the civil war? We were taught in school, although it was only like 10 minutes about it, that the Confederates were for slavery and union against and when Lincoln got office the south didnt want him so they split up.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2013, 06:28:22 pm »
Someone wanna give me a quick summary of what caused the civil war? We were taught in school, although it was only like 10 minutes about it, that the Confederates were for slavery and union against and when Lincoln got office the south didnt want him so they split up.

Same here, I have pretty much ZERO knowledge of the American civil war.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »

Don't ask here, you're going to start another flame war. Just read back in the thread, people have explained it. Or wikipedia.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:09:09 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
Personally, being that I live in Texas I like the Confederacy, they had some of the brightest generals I know like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. In addition, they did not fight for slavery 100%, it was mostly about state rights and the ability to govern themselves. I feel that too many people oversee this and blame the Land of Dixie for that. In addition you must also remember that liking the Confederates is nothing wrong, for example, I like the Confederates because my family has always had tradition, we do not like slavery and are strongly against it, but since some of my relatives/ancestors, fought in the war for the Confederates I am proud to remember them for what they did. Maybe if you peel back the cover you will see there is more to Dixie then just what you think. It's a great place and I truly love it, and always will. So think about that next time you select Union and not the CSA in game.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMU90Aa2Oo[/youtube]
"I'll place my knapsack on my back
 My rifle on my shoulder
 I'll march away to the firing line
 And kill that Yankee soldier
 And kill that Yankee soldier".

I'm too stressed to argue, but I will just say this. Being southern myself, I strongly support the Confederacy. The slavery wasn't the only reason for the war, but the high taxes imposed in the Southern states. Slavery had a big role in this issue, but it was the tariffs that precipitated the war.

Now there's another reason for this. The states rights. States’ Rights refers To the struggle between the federal government and individual states over political power. In the Civil War era, this struggle focused heavily on the institution of slavery and whether the federal government had the right to regulate or even abolish slavery within an individual state. The sides of this debate were largely drawn between northern and southern states, thus widened the growing divide within the nation.
With all respect, Hugh's opinion is naive and tipical of a brainwashed person.

My kindest regards.
von Bismarck

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »
What does Dixie mean? Is it just a term used for the southern states as in Dixie lands?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
What does Dixie mean? Is it just a term used for the southern states as in Dixie lands?

Yeah.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »
Im a Union Man
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.