Poll

Union or Confederacy

Union
Confederacy
Neither
Great Britain! Subdue the rebellious Colony!

Author Topic: Union Or Confederacy?  (Read 76989 times)

Offline T.Conroy

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blep
  • Side: Union
Re: Union Or Confederacy?
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:19 am »
I fail to understand why so many still support the confederates. It is an undeniable fact that the slave trade was a incredibly lucrative industry in the south, and as such the majority of the southern population approved of slavery, whilst in the north slavery was being abolished. This made the southern states fearful as for states with slavery it was the backbone of their economy. Yes there were various other factors in regards to the beginning of the war and slavery was but one of these. However, a person born into the modern era MUST surely be able to understand that slavery in no way shape or form is right or just. Some have argued that slavery would not have existed even if the confederates won due to international pressure however this will never be proven due to the fact that they did not win the war. As you can clearly see I do not support slavery, therefore I will never support a long dead regime that supported the enslavement of others for the wealth of a few.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 02:37:49 am »
To be honest, people aren't looking at the confederates as slavery loving people who hate African Americans. Yes, sadly, slavery was a part of their way of life, but it wasn't the center of it. Another part of the Secession was to have states having power again, no more large government on their backs on their issues, and yes slavery was what the government was one of the things they were imposing on, so they stood up for their rights to have a say, no more huge government, so they went against the Union. Like the American patriots against Britain. I support the idea of being able to break away, I am against slavery, I am for the idea of small government controlling the states.

Offline T.Conroy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 02:46:27 am »
So are you saying that these once confederates states today, and all the states for that matter do not have adequate right to improve upon themselves as they see fit?

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 03:15:37 am »
So are you saying that these once confederates states today, and all the states for that matter do not have adequate right to improve upon themselves as they see fit?
No? Um, I said that the old Confederates saw an breaching in their rights, and felt threatened as new territories were going to be taken as states that would mess up the equality of representatives in congress, hint, more views similar as the Union's, and then on top of that, the new President Lincoln, was seen as someone who would destroy their economy as way of life, so they broke apart. States have rights, and I am for that, and only a small government governing them; the idea of it.

Offline T.Conroy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 03:19:37 am »
Yes, well my point is that if the states today are enjoying the things which the confederates wanted, there should be no argument of Union or Confederacy. The main difference then between the Unions winning the war and the confederates was the abolition of slavery.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 04:00:04 am »
Good ol'  public education at work ::)

Offline Prime

• Private
  • Long live the 9ème!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mathieu Labassée
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:57 am »
I'm a Texan, so I am for the confederacy. I disagree about the image of the confederacy being pro racist. Yes slavery obviously had something to do with the war, but so did numerous things such as states rights. However I do love  how Lincoln did revolutionize warfare, using telegrams and railroad systems to win the war.  :D

Offline T.Conroy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:22 am »
Good ol'  public education at work ::)

Mate I don't go to a public school in America so your statement does not apply
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:53:32 am by T.Conroy »

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:15 am »
Well i think that this argument should stop. Yes, the confederacy was pro-slavery, no arguing there. Was that the main reason of the war or the cause for each solider to fight, certainly not.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2012, 02:53:11 pm »
Wow this argument is still going on, its a game with two factions, you can't have everyone on one faction just because one faction (Union) were apparently the good side fighting against slavery. The CSA is more popular, get over it.

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2012, 03:20:09 pm »
All you confags are just hipsters. UNION WON U SUCK!
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2012, 03:26:02 pm »
The thread is here to promote arguments though Alex :P

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »
Go team GB! Quell the pointless rebellion of America!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2012, 05:27:56 pm »
Does any of you guy's actually realise, that it wouldn't have made any differents that the Confederates allowed slavery? If the CSA won the war and remained an own nation. Then they would have need to ban slavery anyway, otherwise the UK and other major nations at that time would never have recognized them as an independent country. Quite some Confederates were even against slavery, and most of those fought more for their own state. I bet only a couple really fought for keeping the slavery.

Do you actually believe that if the CSA had become independent then everyone would have lived happily ever after? No, it would've been constant war for centuries. It would've been like the fucking Balkans. Even if the Union had conceded defeat for the time being, they definitely would've waited to build up strength, and then gone right for another try at unifying the country again.

Besides, the CSA never would've survived on their own. They had no major industry besides agriculture... and slaves. Go figure.

Offline Tavington

• First Lieutenant
  • 32nd Regiment
    • View Profile
    • 32nd Regiment
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:10 am »
Preserve the Union! The colour blue is better than grey.

Even though i'm colourblind, long live the Union.