Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 1]  (Read 54187 times)

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League Season 1
« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2021, 07:10:50 pm »
The Round 12 Nittany Lions versus Cringe Management match will not take place. The match will go down as a 0-0 tie.

As an interested party, Risk recused himself completely from scoring it.

Detailed explanation for aggrieved parties
The amount of theater that went on for this is ridiculous. There was every possibility this match could have been played, and the fact that sufficient effort was not taken to ensure it was is an insult to the captains who managed to schedule and play all twelve of their matches.

There were three main issues:

1) There was no recorded attempt by either captain until very late Friday night/early Saturday morning to schedule the match.

2) During that abbreviated scheduling attempt, one team stated it could play Saturday; the other could only play Sunday.

3) The team that stated it could not play Sunday could, in fact, very likely have played Sunday, but failed to understand this until after the point at which the teams could have been reasonably expected to play; its commitment to failing to understand this likely contributed to their inability to play it.

The charade that took place all afternoon and evening is embarrassing, and everybody who participated in it should be ashamed that they took more time to do it than it would have taken to play the match. Further, some of the messages that passed between various interested parties were absolutely unacceptable, as was one captain's repeated insistence that we follow a rule that does not actually exist.

Nevertheless, the issues that happened Sunday were incidental to the fact that there was no earlier documented effort to schedule the match. Day-of and day-before scheduling has been acceptable for most of the league because there was another week to push it back to. There is no more next week, and sufficient measures—measures such as sending any messages before the small hours of Saturday morning—were not taken to account for that.

Lastly, moving forward, this is your reminder that rules #29 and #34 do still exist, regardless of whether you believe your opponent is negotiating in bad faith, or how much mental energy you've expended. There were other conceivable solutions to this than forcing the moderator to arbitrate who got the better seed that were written off by bile, sloth, and choler.
[close]

Playoffs begin this week. Barring another internet shutdown or a gym accident, Risk will post the bracket some time today. Our thanks to everybody for getting 41 of the matches in on time. There are no extensions planned for playoff matches, so let's not make mistakes with those and get them scheduled early enough to plan around.

Congratulation to the playoff teams and good luck moving forward!
im glad you rewarded theodin for ducking the match when his entire team was online PLAYING WARBAND.

sad and pathetic but not surprising considering those involved

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 03, 2021, 07:20:25 pm »
Image from Gyazo" width="593.6

remember when i took this match on 5 minutes notice without our best lineup? (fireboy is in)

i do

cause im not a scumming pussy

2 major wins in 2021 btw
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:25:56 pm by sidney crosby »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #827 on: May 03, 2021, 07:41:24 pm »

remember when i took this match on 5 minutes notice without our best lineup? (fireboy is in)

i do

2 major wins in 2021 btw
why not show the one from the playoffs when you had time to prepare?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:14 pm »

i do

2 major wins in 2021 btw
context

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #829 on: May 03, 2021, 09:44:30 pm »

i do

2 major wins in 2021 btw
context
context is irrelevant. Show the other one
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #830 on: May 03, 2021, 10:18:47 pm »

i do

2 major wins in 2021 btw

Too bad we had mediocremeal in instead of Sven
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #831 on: May 03, 2021, 11:33:22 pm »
zero to hero

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #832 on: May 04, 2021, 02:08:05 am »
Finals match: Best of 5, unlimited overtime. Lets see who the real men are when we're playing at 1am.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #833 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:10 am »
Finals match: Best of 5, unlimited overtime. Lets see who the real men are when we're playing at 6am.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #834 on: May 04, 2021, 03:55:57 am »
The Round 12 Nittany Lions versus Cringe Management match will not take place. The match will go down as a 0-0 tie.

As an interested party, Risk recused himself completely from scoring it.

Detailed explanation for aggrieved parties
The amount of theater that went on for this is ridiculous. There was every possibility this match could have been played, and the fact that sufficient effort was not taken to ensure it was is an insult to the captains who managed to schedule and play all twelve of their matches.

There were three main issues:

1) There was no recorded attempt by either captain until very late Friday night/early Saturday morning to schedule the match.

2) During that abbreviated scheduling attempt, one team stated it could play Saturday; the other could only play Sunday.

3) The team that stated it could not play Sunday could, in fact, very likely have played Sunday, but failed to understand this until after the point at which the teams could have been reasonably expected to play; its commitment to failing to understand this likely contributed to their inability to play it.

The charade that took place all afternoon and evening is embarrassing, and everybody who participated in it should be ashamed that they took more time to do it than it would have taken to play the match. Further, some of the messages that passed between various interested parties were absolutely unacceptable, as was one captain's repeated insistence that we follow a rule that does not actually exist.

Nevertheless, the issues that happened Sunday were incidental to the fact that there was no earlier documented effort to schedule the match. Day-of and day-before scheduling has been acceptable for most of the league because there was another week to push it back to. There is no more next week, and sufficient measures—measures such as sending any messages before the small hours of Saturday morning—were not taken to account for that.

Lastly, moving forward, this is your reminder that rules #29 and #34 do still exist, regardless of whether you believe your opponent is negotiating in bad faith, or how much mental energy you've expended. There were other conceivable solutions to this than forcing the moderator to arbitrate who got the better seed that were written off by bile, sloth, and choler.
[close]

Playoffs begin this week. Barring another internet shutdown or a gym accident, Risk will post the bracket some time today. Our thanks to everybody for getting 41 of the matches in on time. There are no extensions planned for playoff matches, so let's not make mistakes with those and get them scheduled early enough to plan around.

Congratulation to the playoff teams and good luck moving forward!

A lot of bullshit in here so let's dissect it first hand from a party involved.

First of all, fuck you for insinuating that this is an egregious offense to other captains who were " so great" at scheduling and playing all of their matches.

1) Both captains actually tried to schedule this match going back to last week but there was confusion because Theodin was in class and talking to me at the same time. He got the days mixed up but in the end neither of us wanted to play a back to back so we requested an extension.

2) When we were attempting to schedule our match Theodin never definitively said they could play on saturday or offered a match, he said he could believed he could swing a 5 man with Jolly Canadian. I have chat logs to back this up if there is any doubt about this. Russianfury was said to have been "tentative and probably unable to attend" according to Theodin because of studying for finals dating back to last weekend. However Russianfury was not only present of warband for casual events many times he was PLAYING on Sunday at 8 est at a pub event. When I found this out I went in to teamspeak to confront Russianfury and he said and I quote, "Fuck you, I've been studying for like 9 hours now and I want a break,". I don't recall the rest but I remember him saying something along the lines of not wanting to play hard competitive nw during his "break time".

3) The team that said it could not play Sunday, aka Cringe Management not only could have played Sunday they had 5 players on Warband throughout the day in their starting lineup from around 7-9 PM est, all documented. Wastee Sveny and Theo were all in the same MM lobbies while RussianFury was at a pub event with Whalefish later logging on. Not only that but a couple hours earlier Wastee and Theo had asked me to get on to play a civ game with them. Theodin is also on record telling his players, when they asked if they could play their match that there would be no match. I had asked and messaged every single one of Theodin's starting lineup if they would be available and all responded or were seen on NW except for Magmar who was the party in question who asked if there would be a match that day around 8~ est (This to me indicates that he was also available to play, bringing their players available up to 6. JollyCanadians availability was never confirmed, but I believe he was not home). There is no argument about their ability to play this match, in fact it boils down to their willingness to play, which from what I came to understand later with a teamspeak conversation with Theodin boiled down to Russian not wanting to play.

Finals match: Best of 5, unlimited overtime. Lets see who the real men are when we're playing at 1am.

Ironic of you to post this now.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2021, 04:08:37 am »
First of all, fuck you

Yes, this is how you negotiated the scheduling issues too, which was actually part of the problem.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
« Reply #836 on: May 04, 2021, 04:19:16 am »
First of all, fuck you

Yes, this is how you negotiated the scheduling issues too, which was actually part of the problem.
Cmon he knows what hes doing. Terrible looks.
movement keyer

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 04, 2021, 04:21:09 am »
First of all, fuck you

Lol coming for me because I called you out for quitting your team. Rage babying because you got benched during a scrim.

Good job not addressing any of my acutal points xethos.

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
« Reply #838 on: May 04, 2021, 04:28:34 am »
Spoiler
First of all, fuck you

Lol coming for me because I called you out for quitting your team. Rage babying because you got benched during a scrim.

[close]
Didn't quit my team :). Just stating a quote from someone I admire quite dearly.
movement keyer

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:08 am »
Spoiler
First of all, fuck you

[close]
Didn't quit my team :). Just stating a quote from someone I admire quite dearly.

"yea I just left the scrim and didn't get back on because i wAsNT aSKeD"

You knew there was a match and you didn't get back on even though you knew your team was playing. I'm just calling it like it is.