Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25589 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2021, 09:40:44 pm »
Did the 3e reform at all after NAPL?

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2021, 09:42:09 pm »
77y, 33rd and 18e.

There you go, done ::)

Fairly sure 18e disbanded about 200 times if not renamed xd

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Decade Awards
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2021, 09:51:40 pm »
@Godfreid So are you saying the 3eVolt was better than the 9y? Because obviously the 12th is #1

The LG will forever be the best regiment of all-time in NA.

click here to join the 84th

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2021, 10:04:43 pm »
77y, 33rd and 18e.

As long as Movement still gets the #1 disbander reward idgaf xD
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:00 am »
I think there should be a special award for the regs that haven't disbanded like 77y or 33rd etc
Well since that’s not subjective, if you can find the top 3/5 longest lived regiments I’ll include them all as a special prize

For the NA side probably 1stRddt, LIR and eh cant really think of a 3rd
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2021, 12:36:23 am »
I think there should be a special award for the regs that haven't disbanded like 77y or 33rd etc
Well since that’s not subjective, if you can find the top 3/5 longest lived regiments I’ll include them all as a special prize

Maybe the 87th
click here to join the 84th

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2021, 12:46:59 am »
87th been around the longest I believe.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:48:57 am by ~NickCole~ »

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2021, 12:47:37 am »

Maybe the 87th
USMC lived for a long time if you include that other reg that was basically just a name change  :-X.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2021, 01:21:45 am »

Maybe the 87th
USMC lived for a long time if you include that other reg that was basically just a name change  :-X.
Nov 2012-Sept 2017 (they formed the 42nd North Carolina in 2012 and USMC in august of 2013)
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2021, 01:57:28 am »
Spoiler

Maybe the 87th
[close]
Nov 2012-Sept 2017 (they formed the 42nd North Carolina in 2012 and USMC in august of 2013)
did someone say 42nd NC

I miss jdf
[close]

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2021, 02:23:42 am »
As far as longest tenured NA regiments, go . . .

1stRddt and 87th are MM regiments (well, the reddits were a brigade that just sort of just acts like a regiment now to deal with lower numbers) that are still in NW. The 87th left briefly for Holdfast and then came back, but they never disbanded. Neither of them have changed their name once to my knowledge, nor have they taken extended hiatuses from linebattle games.

There are several regiments that formed in MM or NW that never disbanded, but moved to other games and are still functioning, like the 1stEPI and the 33rd. I wouldn't count this, except that I want to take every opportunity to remind people that the 1stEPI existed, and that the NA community largely exists because of them and 5arge.

I still think of the LIR as a new gen regiment, but they formed in late 2014, so they're six years old now. Again, no name changes or hiatuses. The Nr9 formed a few months earlier, although they spend more time in Holdfast than NW now and had a month or two of strictly Holdfast.

There's the RKR, they've been around since 2012 and play in four regions. They did take a several-month vacation some years back and had a rename, for what that's worth.

Special mention to the 00th. They're not operating currently in this dimension, but I don't have hard data on what Thundersnow's space-time manipulation did to their length of time as a regiment.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

|Viper|

Re: NW Decade Awards
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2021, 04:48:22 am »
@Godfreid So are you saying the 3eVolt was better than the 9y? Because obviously the 12th is #1

The LG will forever be the best regiment of all-time in NA.
Sorry, number 1 of 2013.

David_Schrein

« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2021, 05:08:52 am »
77y, 33rd and 18e.

As long as Movement still gets the #1 disbander reward idgaf xD
disbanded ur reg from this rgl season

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2021, 05:28:45 am »
The 21st has been around for 6 years according to Alexander!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2021, 07:35:34 am »
The 63e did the most with the least. And still achieved more than 99.9% of any regiments. And did it for years.

And no the reason the 63e went to Holdfast wasn’t because we kept getting smacked. It was cause we thought Holdfast would replace NW and had a whole new player base to tap into and get members from (like everyone else thought at the time). We were still doing groupfights and 1v1s even after Holdfast came out for a couple months until we moved fully to Holdfast. Even then I convinced Zen to come back to NW and I got the 45e/Nr4 to join too. We actually had a somewhat competitive lineup for a while.
Yeah I don't think having a shaky final year with Karth really changes anything about their legacy... they competed at the top for so long with much weaker players and if they weren't the best at the time they were not far behind at all for 2nd best (besides maybe 2013 where the 12th and 3e were better), their ability to work cohesively as a singular unit in a competetive environment has been unparallelled.

Yes, 63e was the best regiment/2nd best regiment of 2014-2015, between them and 71st. And was a top 5 regiment of 2016.

3eVolt was the 2nd best regiment of 2013, was a top 5 regiment in 2015, best of 2016, and traded off being 1st/2nd with LG & 6te from 2017-2020.
It's really comparing 3 years of competing to 6, which is my point. If you're talking about a *decade*, 3eVolts the only regiment that's had a competitive impact for the better part of a decade. If 63e had not gone to Holdfast, and continued to be an actual presence in NANW comp, then sure, I could see them having a case.
Leaving doesn't hurt their legacy as a regiment, it's still a top 3 all-time regiment, I just can't understand how it would be considered the best regiment of the decade, when it competed for 3/8 years of NW, as opposed to 3eVolt who competed for 6/8 years.

Imo top 5 for the decade should really be
3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th
Yeah, you have a good point if you're measuring in years.. it could also be weighed on how much you value the tournament that each regiment won depending on what you value more. For example would you value the 63e's second place in League 1 to the 71st more than the 3e's NWGL win in whichever year it was where the competition was lackluster? I mean yeah the 3e and LG were top regiments of all time but if they're the only two regiments competing against each other than it just seems not as impactful no matter the size of the rivalry, I also don't think it's fair to count reformations under different names the same regiment but that's just imo. It's fine if you value the longevity in the competitive scene the most too it's all opinionated really there's no definite way of saying it.

You mean the year of NANWL where 63e and 71st basically 7-3'd - 10-0'd every other regiment in League 1 except each other who they tied? Does that sound familiar?
No, I wouldn't value 63e's 2nd place in League 1 over 3e's NWGL win because saying competition was better in 1 year and lackluster in another is a disingenuous argument to make because what happened in that year of NANWL is not an anomaly, it's a standard, as I've said about NANW comp before, you usually have a very clear #1 & #2, sometimes a #3, and the competition is really between those 2, sometimes 3 regiments. So just because there are fewer shitter regiments for those 2-3 main competitors to obliterate, doesn't really make that competitive year less valuable.

The only time I would really subscribe to that idea is if #2 was a highly contested spot, and #1 was just basically in a tier of its own.

Yes, overall as a regiment, they were better than 9y in 2013. Not that 9y didn't have the ability to beat 3eVolt in a 1v1, but 3eVolt really was the only regiment to give 12th their 2 losses, which 9y was never able to do. If 9y had bothered to be an actual regiment with actual leading, they could have been potential #2 or maybe even #1, because they did have the 2nd, debatably the best melee roster. But 9y just never cared that much, which is why as a super sweaty back then I didn't stay in there very long.

not at vetro, just because I brought it up and it always seems to cause someone to come out and be like "yOu WeRe nEveR iN 9y" or other attempts at clownery

Just so we can get that out of the way.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:42:33 am by Stroke0fd34th »