Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25568 times)

Offline Headless

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner of the 1 brain cell in the 45thN Centre
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2021, 03:10:00 am »
Can't really vote being a NW baby and all

Spoiler
[close]

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2021, 03:33:40 am »
I'm going on a nomination strike until the oppression of my people ends :-X We demand representation!

dont make me put out an exposée list on which regiments were the best at anti cav >:( >:((number 1 will shock you!)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2021, 03:37:38 am »
I'm going on a nomination strike until the oppression of my people ends :-X We demand representation!

dont make me put out an exposée list on which regiments were the best at anti cav >:( >:((number 1 will shock you!)
cav bad
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2021, 03:53:36 am »

cav bad
bad cav

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2021, 04:03:38 am »

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2021, 04:14:20 am »
Since we're having old conversations anyway . . .

There are a lot of things to do in NW that take some skill and game knowledge to be good at. Nobody really ever talks about the top artillerists. Cavalry has a wierd place now, but it's been irrelevent in North America for long enough that nobody even remembers the old cav players (except for me, because I don't shut up about it). Shinto at least remembers one of the top sappers ever from his days as a roving walnut. There were even people back in the day who could do it all. Even entire regiments who did it all (not even talking about detachments like the 63e had).

That the entire "best player ever" discussion is solely based on who could best use one weapon as one class, and that the best regiment based on league 1v1s and bayonet melee is all a little sad. Most of the listed regiments couldn't even form double ranks unless they had fifteen minutes and tape on the ground, let alone fast enough to fire and move before artillery landed. How many of them could play anything other than infantry at a reasonably competitive level?
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2021, 04:47:29 am »

There are a lot of things to do in NW that take some skill and game knowledge to be good at. Nobody really ever talks about the top artillerists. Cavalry has a wierd place now, but it's been irrelevent in North America for long enough that nobody even remembers the old cav players (except for me, because I don't shut up about it). Shinto at least remembers one of the top sappers ever from his days as a roving walnut. There were even people back in the day who could do it all. Even entire regiments who did it all (not even talking about detachments like the 63e had).

That the entire "best player ever" discussion is solely based on who could best use one weapon as one class, and that the best regiment based on league 1v1s and bayonet melee is all a little sad. Most of the listed regiments couldn't even form double ranks unless they had fifteen minutes and tape on the ground, let alone fast enough to fire and move before artillery landed. How many of them could play anything other than infantry at a reasonably competitive level?

That's why I've always put the PLG and LIR in my top regiments of all time. They were so consistently good at what they did and lasted for years. People overlook them all the time even though they are two of the most well-known regiments to exist in the game.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2021, 05:16:27 am »

one of? dude, NOBODY can even come close to what that dude did. anyone who thinks someone else is a better sapper than juice kelly is delusional

as far as arty goes, bear and yooper were always really good and they carried godfreid and i to the ship battle championship no cap

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2021, 05:28:39 am »

xethos wishes he was attila the nun dropping fat dimes on kids and getting 50+ kills in a map

But really, the majority of competitions for this game where for melee infantry and for regimental 1v1s so I would think most people would believe that the best player at those skillsets would be the "Best Player" so that's why everyone discusses it. At that, we barely have enough people to discuss it, the most popular activity. When going into other aspects even fewer people remember.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

|Viper|

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2021, 05:44:10 am »
AsianP was overall better than Russian. Asian could duel/groupfight when Russian could just groupfight. Overall though regiment wise, the LG outranks the 3eVolt, 98e, 42nd etc... since it is a decade thing I would say 63e/71st for the top spots but I think LG definitely should be up there. LG after the 45e merge was a powerhouse and pre 45e LG would trade wins with the 3eVolt, but I think after the merge it definitely switched sides fast with Pinoy, Rafael, Oatmeal etc.. all joining

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2021, 07:40:44 am »
3eVolt should be considered the best regiment of the decade, it's the only regiment that's had a consistent competitive impact in pretty much every era of competitive NW, I would say its peak skill doesn't quite match the LG's S9 roster, because no one does, but if we're really talking about a decade and not month-long or 1-2 year spans, it should be 3eVolt, which was competitive since 2013 (although has disbanded/reformed a few times).

If 63e had continued to be relevant past mid-2016 I would potentially consider them, but I think 3eVolt continuing past that gives it the edge, but otherwise, kind of the same list fartknocker has.

Offline Yoop

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2021, 08:09:19 am »

These lists are a joke considering they really only consider competitive infantry which is a huge circle jerk anyways. Most of the players can only use muskets and can’t play anything else. Most cav players honestly can do it all from what I’ve seen. Not to mention 1LH who is rarely mentioned yet did very well against these regiments despite only playing cav (along with the IV). If you’re going to have a decade awards list, maybe mention more factors or label it for just infantry. Kinda pointless making the same lists over and over when it’s just the same 20 infantry guys arguing over and over again.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2021, 08:43:29 am »
Where’s best casual regiment of the decade

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2021, 09:10:58 am »

These lists are a joke considering they really only consider competitive infantry which is a huge circle jerk anyways. Most of the players can only use muskets and can’t play anything else. Most cav players honestly can do it all from what I’ve seen. Not to mention 1LH who is rarely mentioned yet did very well against these regiments despite only playing cav (along with the IV). If you’re going to have a decade awards list, maybe mention more factors or label it for just infantry. Kinda pointless making the same lists over and over when it’s just the same 20 infantry guys arguing over and over again.
This is something that someone who has never been nominated for a NW Award would say smh

Offline Yoop

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2021, 09:24:56 am »

This is something that someone who has never been nominated for a NW Award would say smh

Just loses validity IMO when it’s focused on one group of players who only really know about infantry. You’d think if you spent years on a game, you’d at least branch out a little bit. But whatever makes you feel better.