Author Topic: NW Community - Where are they now???  (Read 31275 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Community - Where are they now???
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 10:24:51 pm »
Guess i gotta be the first eu. No one knows mehr anyway
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): started when I was 15 in the Spartans the joined 72nd and after their demise Nr12
What games do you play now?: a Bit of stellaris and Smite now and then, but i barely have time nowadays
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: nah
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): probably not
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Im currently Training to become a Policeman. That essentially takes up my entire time

I met 3 of my best friends on here, kinda weird but I dont regret a minute of this game. Essentially everyone in this game was very nice, and a few People really helped me mature.
Thank you all

es cuse me

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 10:31:08 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): started when I was 15 in the Spartans the joined 72nd and after their demise Nr12
What games do you play now?: a Bit of stellaris and Smite now and then, but i barely have time nowadays
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): probably not
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Im currently Training to become a Policeman. That essentially takes up my entire time

I met 3 of my best friends on here, kinda weird but I dont regret a minute of this game. Essentially everyone in this game was very nice, and a few People really helped me mature.
Thank you all

Me and Puppytron still waiting for the sparTAINT reform   :-*
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 10:43:46 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of):   1stRGJ. 1stNOG. 12th/18th. 71st(Multiple times). Nr37. Nr8. 93rd.
What games do you play now?: Nothing really.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I might play them a bit but I definitely wont be able to play them like I have NW.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Currently work 2 jobs in retail.. My only real hobby atm is running. Ive been trying to get into it more seriously but I dont really have the time. Ive been wanting to join the military for a while now but things keep getting in the way.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 11:04:58 pm »

Thank you all

Me and Puppytron still waiting for the sparTAINT reform   :-*
we all are
I miss puppys banter this guy truly perfected the art

Thank you all

es cuse me
i dont make the rules
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 06:50:33 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): Various of my own regiments, started in the PSG back in mid 2014 and joined the 1stIR in late 2014 when I was literally 14. Made my own regiment in May of 2015. More notable regiments: 74th (18e), 18e, 6teSLR, 30th.

u don't count as being in the 30th >:(

Offline JanŚnieg | JonSnow

• First Lieutenant
  • 18pp_Adj_JerzyBurza
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): VIe_10ph 1PS-L 4ppLP and 2pp (Regs where I have a high ranks)
What games do you play now?: Stay play M&B, but dota2 and Brawlhalla too.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: 10ph(the other one)/3pp
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I think yes
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Im studying in a high school. Im a leader of a one prussian landwehr historical reconstructor group.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): Various of my own regiments, started in the PSG back in mid 2014 and joined the 1stIR in late 2014 when I was literally 14. Made my own regiment in May of 2015. More notable regiments: 74th (18e), 18e, 6teSLR, 30th.

I was apart of it, I remember. 30th_Rct_MidnightWithFries  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 09:08:36 pm »

I was apart of it, I remember. 30th_Rct_MidnightWithFries  >:( >:( >:(

u were also barely apart of the PSG

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2018, 07:59:58 am »
I'll be real, I really enjoyed my time in NW. I miss the community, the toxicity, and the rivalries. The 1v1s LBs. Everything. Even though I acted like an immature arrogant shithead in my time here, and perhaps I still am. Socially, I kind of fucked myself by spending 65+ hours a week in my most critical years of social development in front of a screen. I'm on damage control even now and still have trouble to this day trying to unfuck myself from being socially awkward/unaware.  Thankfully, I have a group of male friends who are driven, intelligent, and socially capable that help me out when I act like an autist.

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): The best players I've had the pleasure of playing with. The 12th East Suffolk.
What games do you play now?: I don't play. I moved on to Counter-Strike after NW and got decent at it, but after that basically quit playing games seriously. I'm a filthy casual now.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: 12th Memes teamspeak occasionally, it's kind of sad seeing the amount of ex-NW players going to that Teamspeak slowly dwindle over the years.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): No. Frankly not interested.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I started to lift and packed on 35 lbs, picked up the electric guitar, learned how to program a little, learned networking/routing, and currently pursuing a computer science degree. I'm grateful that I received an academic scholarship that allowed me to not worry about paying for school.

I have one regret left that I have to fix, saying goodbye to this community that literally was MY LIFE as a young teen. This long winded post was written because I really loved this game. I made many friends, many mistakes, many embarrassments, and much more. Some of you may be laughing at this post, but I can't care. I don't even talk to y'all.

Thanks for the memories, and merry christmas.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2018, 11:17:15 am »
I'll be real, I really enjoyed my time in NW. I miss the community, the toxicity, and the rivalries. The 1v1s LBs. Everything. Even though I acted like an immature arrogant shithead in my time here, and perhaps I still am. Socially, I kind of fucked myself by spending 65+ hours a week in my most critical years of social development in front of a screen. I'm on damage control even now and still have trouble to this day trying to unfuck myself from being socially awkward/unaware.  Thankfully, I have a group of male friends who are driven, intelligent, and socially capable that help me out when I act like an autist.

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): The best players I've had the pleasure of playing with. The 12th East Suffolk.
What games do you play now?: I don't play. I moved on to Counter-Strike after NW and got decent at it, but after that basically quit playing games seriously. I'm a filthy casual now.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: 12th Memes teamspeak occasionally, it's kind of sad seeing the amount of ex-NW players going to that Teamspeak slowly dwindle over the years.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): No. Frankly not interested.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I started to lift and packed on 35 lbs, picked up the electric guitar, learned how to program a little, learned networking/routing, and currently pursuing a computer science degree. I'm grateful that I received an academic scholarship that allowed me to not worry about paying for school.

I have one regret left that I have to fix, saying goodbye to this community that literally was MY LIFE as a young teen. This long winded post was written because I really loved this game. I made many friends, many mistakes, many embarrassments, and much more. Some of you may be laughing at this post, but I can't care. I don't even talk to y'all.

holy shit I'm gonna cry

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 11:33:14 am »
Double post cause this is a cool thread

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 1stEPG, 12th, Nr37, 71st, Nr8[LG]
What games do you play now?: NW still, Civ 5, Rocket League, 7 days to die and various others from time to time
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: LG boiii
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): if it has a capable melee system probably
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I work at The Home Depot (great company btw) and am enlisted in the USMC Reserves as a Network Administrator (Routing & Switching). I also attend College pursuing a degree in Software Engineering. I don't really do much else aside getting fucking blasted with friends, going to the gym, and occasionally going back to help out my highschool theatre.

I've taken a couple of breaks away from NW but I can never stay away. I still hang out with people like Boob who I met back in 2013 and have built awesome friendships with Russianfury, Yoshie, Theodin, Pinoy, Fireboy...the list goes on and on. I also lost friendships with some guys that I regret but what can ya do now. Bouta head to OKC for a week to hang with some guys I met through Native for New Years, hopefully I don't get kidnapped and sold into the sex slave trade.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 01:47:30 pm »

holy shit I'm gonna cry

Relatable

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 12:26:09 am »

holy shit I'm gonna cry

Relatable
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline King_Macbeth

• Second Lieutenant
  • Human.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Col_King-Macbeth
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 09:41:16 am »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 63e and 61e also eternal weast
What games do you play now?:NW and tabletops where i stare at spreadsheets with the 61e
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: Cavalry
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): I refuse to play any boomer civil war game. Bannerlord would be cool though
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I still ride horses IRL and I like to stare at graphs and invest in markets but im not a complete pro by any means. I also have been lifting for a while ~6 months
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:45:04 am by King_Macbeth »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 03:27:27 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): Nr11, 22e & Nr37/LG (NA) and 27y & 92nd (EU)
What games do you play now?: Tons of games like HoI 4, Uno, CSGO & NTW
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: None
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): No, because I don't want to wait 3 years for a game.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): College for now majoring in Geology.