Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529836 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5670 on: April 26, 2021, 07:07:06 pm »
Spoiler
People are not equal. Some are better than others. Want a "sOuRcE". Look at women and how they view most men.

Edit: And no, some people are dumb and will always be dumb. IQ is 90% genetics. There's your "are we all equal in potential" question answered.
how would you explain the increase of the average iq in almost every region of the world, which heavily correlates with the steady increase in the standard of living?
[close]

Also, I do not see the point of this conversation: are all humans identical? No. Are some humans more valuable than others? Of course not. Should all humans have the same rights and be treated equally on the basis of these rights? Yes.

I sincerely hope nobody would disagree with this.

The left disagrees ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: April 26, 2021, 07:07:56 pm »
Spoiler
People are not equal. Some are better than others. Want a "sOuRcE". Look at women and how they view most men.

Edit: And no, some people are dumb and will always be dumb. IQ is 90% genetics. There's your "are we all equal in potential" question answered.
how would you explain the increase of the average iq in almost every region of the world, which heavily correlates with the steady increase in the standard of living?
[close]

Also, I do not see the point of this conversation: are all humans identical? No. Are some humans more valuable than others? Of course not. Should all humans have the same rights and be treated equally on the basis of these rights? Yes.

I sincerely hope nobody would disagree with this.

The left disagrees ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"the left" what do you even mean Kore what are you talking about
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5672 on: April 26, 2021, 07:30:00 pm »
Caz, your stupidity genuinely surprised me
The "conservative" worldview of you and your circle really doesnt surprise me.

So you are Racist AND an Incel, got it.

And this is simply wrong. IQ is heavily influenced by your education, + IQ is a very controversial measurement of intelligence
The standard deviation of intelligence seems to be the same pattern between all socioeconomic groups - education raises the levels, but not the standard deviation. Also IQ is only controversial if you make it so - it’s a perfectly scientific field of study with a lot of predictive power!
I personally think IQ is pretty good for what it is: Measuring your Intelligence in certain fields. It doesnt do to well in terms of social intelligence and the likes, but it is pretty alright if you ask me.

For the other part: You are right. I think a lot of people misunderstood me, because I was speaking in very general terms: I am aware there are certain genetic differences between people that simply cant be discussed away. I do generally believe that most people have pretty similar "genetic oppurtunities", and that for example the black population in america isnt generally poor because they are "black" (like SOME PEOPLE dogwhistled on here) but because of poverty induced by racism.

Oh, and the good ol "just pull yourself up by those bootstrps" argument is stupid as fuck
There is an argument to be made tho that higher levels of diligence correlate with a high degree of success
Doesn’t mean you should discount external factors but no reason to ignore diligence as an important aspect of performance

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5673 on: April 26, 2021, 08:18:52 pm »
High IQ + High Testosterone in men are a great predictor of success.

High IQ = Higher intellectual ability.
High Testosterone = High energy and lower neuroticism.

There's a reason why most men that are depressed are usually low-T sulking losers that are stuck in a deadly cycle of not having enough energy to perform and do things that boost testosterone and thus motivate them to chase success. Success breeds success.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: April 26, 2021, 08:24:29 pm »
Don’t waste time arguing with someone that is ruled by Merkel

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #5675 on: April 26, 2021, 09:28:03 pm »
its getting increasingly low quality freddie, step up your game brother you were doing great at the start

So you are Racist AND an Incel, got it.

And this is simply wrong. IQ is heavily influenced by your education, + IQ is a very controversial measurement of intelligence
The standard deviation of intelligence seems to be the same pattern between all socioeconomic groups - education raises the levels, but not the standard deviation. Also IQ is only controversial if you make it so - it’s a perfectly scientific field of study with a lot of predictive power!
literally incorrect? dont know where you got that from but afaik the gap between lowest and highest socioeconomic groups are an average of 6 IQ points at age 2 - aka when the education factor hasn't kicked in yet - and the deviation only gets bigger through time as it reaches 18 IQ points at age 16 - aka post-education factor. If i had to take a wild guess, those starting 6 points would proly be due to genetics and the 18 points due to the higher quality education

taking that into account, id argue that this so-called "predictive power" is based solely on the fact success is pretty much correlated directly to education rather than IQ since the former - if not develops - significantly enhances the latter

i had to pass a couple IQ tests (WAIS) and each time had alot of trouble taking them seriously because of how flawed they were. im baffled that atm this is the BEST we've got to measure someone's intelligence, its almost concerning. I also believe they miss the point and test mental ability (memory for instance) rather than intelligence itself - as in the classic definition of it (the ability to solve a new problem in the shortest period of time), not in that taxonomy sense it's been given that encompasses everything and anythng including mental ability. I dont believe memory should be included in an authentic intelligence test, ppl can both have excellent memory and be completely braindead

im aware there's more to it but yeah IQ's "perfectly scientific field of study" status is overall based on shaky grounds imo

edt: oh and they had also included a segment on knowledge, which is an absolute heresy for an intelligence test ;D pretty unconvincing tests all-round

Spoiler
Yes it is obviously true that people aren't perfectly equal in terms of cognitive or physical prowess. As you said, some people are genetically better at many things than other people. And even if people are better at differing skills, it probably wouldn't come down to a perfect balance.

However, I think most people are born equal in terms of their potential to be successful in life. Of course the term "successful in life" is a very ambiguous term, but I'd say everyone in the world has the potential to master a skill and to be successful within a certain field. Aside from the extreme outliers, for example people born with severe physical or mental disabilities, the average human will fall within a spectrum of cognitive and physical abilities that allows them to potentially excel in something in life. It may require substantially more effort and dedication for one person to achieve a mastery of a particular skill than it does for another person, but potentially speaking they can both achieve mastery in the skill. Yes, the person that has a cognitive or physical advantage has the potential to be even better than the other person, but that does not mean the other person is not successful. 

[close]
WOW WHAT A NICE CONTRIBUTION TO THIS DISCUSSION RIKKERT HOLMES, TY VERY MUCH
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:35:08 pm by DayBoul »
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: April 26, 2021, 09:49:34 pm »
Spoiler
Yes it is obviously true that people aren't perfectly equal in terms of cognitive or physical prowess. As you said, some people are genetically better at many things than other people. And even if people are better at differing skills, it probably wouldn't come down to a perfect balance.

However, I think most people are born equal in terms of their potential to be successful in life. Of course the term "successful in life" is a very ambiguous term, but I'd say everyone in the world has the potential to master a skill and to be successful within a certain field. Aside from the extreme outliers, for example people born with severe physical or mental disabilities, the average human will fall within a spectrum of cognitive and physical abilities that allows them to potentially excel in something in life. It may require substantially more effort and dedication for one person to achieve a mastery of a particular skill than it does for another person, but potentially speaking they can both achieve mastery in the skill. Yes, the person that has a cognitive or physical advantage has the potential to be even better than the other person, but that does not mean the other person is not successful. 

[close]
WOW WHAT A NICE CONTRIBUTION TO THIS DISCUSSION RIKKERT HOLMES, TY VERY MUCH
I was just explaining what I thought Cazasar might've meant with what he said about people having equal potential. But sure go be a little bitch about it.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5677 on: April 26, 2021, 09:56:02 pm »
Yeah but French people can’t read so

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: April 27, 2021, 12:39:51 am »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: April 27, 2021, 12:44:21 am »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: April 27, 2021, 03:24:41 am »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: April 27, 2021, 03:49:52 am »
6'4
220lb
Jacked
White with a touch of caramel
Sexy as fuck
High IQ
Millionaire genetics
Risk averse
Emotionally stable
Packing heat

Me > you

Keep your equality.

This ain’t it, chief.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: April 27, 2021, 03:51:16 am »
I appreciated that post, actually.

Keep it going @Fredovic
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: April 27, 2021, 10:16:04 am »
If you all really care so much about IQ, the best thing we could do is genocide eastern European countries like Macedonia, Montenegro, and the Czech Republic because somehow Neandertals have managed to survive there and have given birth to knuckle-dragging bastard spawn like Kore, Ledger, and Fredovic. All of whom collectively tank the IQs of their given nations by at least 25 points.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
« Reply #5684 on: April 27, 2021, 10:43:28 am »
If you all really care so much about IQ, the best thing we could do is genocide eastern European countries like Macedonia, Montenegro, and the Czech Republic because somehow Neandertals have managed to survive there and have given birth to knuckle-dragging bastard spawn like Kore, Ledger, and Fredovic. All of whom collectively tank the IQs of their given nations by at least 25 points.
:)