Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529504 times)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5655 on: April 25, 2021, 11:26:49 pm »
are all humans equal?
NO
Can you elaborate? Genuinely interested
do you really think around the world ppl are equal lmao

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5656 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:42 pm »
are all humans equal?
NO
In terms of potential? I dont think they differ that much no. In terms of life oppurtunities, certainly not.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5657 on: April 25, 2021, 11:33:51 pm »
Hey Dumba stop fat shaming Anthony
once you stop hating black people I will change it

but I only hate you
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5658 on: April 25, 2021, 11:38:52 pm »
are all humans equal?
NO
In terms of potential? I dont think they differ that much no. In terms of life oppurtunities, certainly not.
poor phrasing then, a lot of incredible people snuffed out by repressive regimes and ideologies around the globe and its actually tragic don't know where to begin

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #5659 on: April 26, 2021, 03:43:08 am »
are all humans equal?
NO
none of us are born equal, be it only by genetics. Some people have natural born talent others lack and conversely
in order for all humans to have the same inherent potential, we'd all have to have the exact same physical features, the same intellectual and cognitive ability, same health condition, same everything, even the same upbringing/nurture ; and even if we discard shit like upbringing and assess humans at their "factory settings" lets say, we'd still have to be equal to the nearest cells, then to the nearest molecul, then to the nearest atom - basically clones in its primary sense. So yeah nah yeah, dont think so :D

and even supposing we are all equal in our ability to achieve a given result, we most likely arent in our ability to achieve it in the shortest period of time. Give 4 people with the exact same age, characteristics, background and education a decentely large series of completely NEW problems to solve, all of them are gonna have a different average time of solving cause thats where the inherent intelligence (like half of which is genetically determined) will kick in

in case you give me a "we're all a genius at something different" argument : possibly but even if we could quantify how 2 different person's specific talents may or may not outweigh one another, i doubt the overall result would be dead equalité since it depends on so many stiuational factors
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: April 26, 2021, 01:21:52 pm »
Equal in this context does not mean identical

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #5661 on: April 26, 2021, 02:24:19 pm »
context is "inherent potential" so it literally does by extension, cant be someone's equal in terms of potential if you're not completely identical to him

lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: April 26, 2021, 02:57:30 pm »
Yes it is obviously true that people aren't perfectly equal in terms of cognitive or physical prowess. As you said, some people are genetically better at many things than other people. And even if people are better at differing skills, it probably wouldn't come down to a perfect balance.

However, I think most people are born equal in terms of their potential to be successful in life. Of course the term "successful in life" is a very ambiguous term, but I'd say everyone in the world has the potential to master a skill and to be successful within a certain field. Aside from the extreme outliers, for example people born with severe physical or mental disabilities, the average human will fall within a spectrum of cognitive and physical abilities that allows them to potentially excel in something in life. It may require substantially more effort and dedication for one person to achieve a mastery of a particular skill than it does for another person, but potentially speaking they can both achieve mastery in the skill. Yes, the person that has a cognitive or physical advantage has the potential to be even better than the other person, but that does not mean the other person is not successful. 

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5663 on: April 26, 2021, 03:00:52 pm »
People are not equal. Some are better than others. Want a "sOuRcE". Look at women and how they view most men.

Edit: And no, some people are dumb and will always be dumb. IQ is 90% genetics. There's your "are we all equal in potential" question answered.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:06:19 pm by Ledger »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: April 26, 2021, 03:07:17 pm »
People are not equal. Some are better than others. Want a "sOuRcE". Look at women and how they view most men.

Edit: And no, some people are dumb and will always be dumb. IQ is 90% genetics. There's your "are we all equal in potential" question answered.
So you are Racist AND an Incel, got it.

And this is simply wrong. IQ is heavily influenced by your education, + IQ is a very controversial measurement of intelligence
[close]
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5665 on: April 26, 2021, 03:16:49 pm »

And this is simply wrong. IQ is heavily influenced by your education, + IQ is a very controversial measurement of intelligence
The standard deviation of intelligence seems to be the same pattern between all socioeconomic groups - education raises the levels, but not the standard deviation. Also IQ is only controversial if you make it so - it’s a perfectly scientific field of study with a lot of predictive power!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: April 26, 2021, 03:19:15 pm »
6'4
220lb
Jacked
White with a touch of caramel
Sexy as fuck
High IQ
Millionaire genetics
Risk averse
Emotionally stable
Packing heat

Me > you

Keep your equality.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5667 on: April 26, 2021, 05:47:54 pm »
Caz, your stupidity genuinely surprised me
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: April 26, 2021, 06:51:13 pm »
Caz, your stupidity genuinely surprised me
The "conservative" worldview of you and your circle really doesnt surprise me.

The standard deviation of intelligence seems to be the same pattern between all socioeconomic groups - education raises the levels, but not the standard deviation. Also IQ is only controversial if you make it so - it’s a perfectly scientific field of study with a lot of predictive power!
I personally think IQ is pretty good for what it is: Measuring your Intelligence in certain fields. It doesnt do to well in terms of social intelligence and the likes, but it is pretty alright if you ask me.

For the other part: You are right. I think a lot of people misunderstood me, because I was speaking in very general terms: I am aware there are certain genetic differences between people that simply cant be discussed away. I do generally believe that most people have pretty similar "genetic oppurtunities", and that for example the black population in america isnt generally poor because they are "black" (like SOME PEOPLE dogwhistled on here) but because of poverty induced by racism.

Oh, and the good ol "just pull yourself up by those bootstrps" argument is stupid as fuck
[close]
[close]

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5669 on: April 26, 2021, 06:51:50 pm »
Spoiler

how would you explain the increase of the average iq in almost every region of the world, which heavily correlates with the steady increase in the standard of living?
[close]

Also, I do not see the point of this conversation: are all humans identical? No. Are some humans more valuable than others? Of course not. Should all humans have the same rights and be treated equally on the basis of these rights? Yes.

I sincerely hope nobody would disagree with this.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players