Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529442 times)

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5535 on: April 22, 2021, 01:34:15 am »
Goomba are you one of those savages that go and loot and destroy others' property? Wouldn't be surprised.

He's a soy geek, that's why. He's never worked with blacks before 100%.
oh great another EU that has never actually seen a black person not on TV also your last post was mad funny bro my sides were truly in orbit

I've worked with black people in a corporate environment where they've had all the power and privileges due to HR being specifically designed to placate to their whims and wishes.

Most blacks are fucked in life due to their own actions not cause of "Systemic racism".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:35:50 am by Ledger »

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5536 on: April 22, 2021, 01:39:26 am »
My work won't let me say the n word and its not fair :'(

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5537 on: April 22, 2021, 01:41:04 am »
Goomba are you one of those savages that go and loot and destroy others' property? Wouldn't be surprised.
No, actually, I think that people shouldn't destroy others' private property, and owners should be allowed to defend it. Pretty funny how you've already made assumptions about me because you're incapable of thinking in a nuanced manner. Also, nice pivot, so I'll ask again: what are these "simple facts" that disprove systemic racism?

Blacks have literally the same opportunities as anyone else and even more (affirmative action), lol. The fact you have had a black president, that there are blacks in the congress etc. literally proves my point.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5538 on: April 22, 2021, 02:07:37 am »
this is a joke right

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: April 22, 2021, 03:04:44 am »
No, actually, I think that people shouldn't destroy others' private property, and owners should be allowed to defend it. Pretty funny how you've already made assumptions about me because you're incapable of thinking in a nuanced manner. Also, nice pivot, so I'll ask again: what are these "simple facts" that disprove systemic racism?

Blacks have literally the same opportunities as anyone else and even more (affirmative action), lol. The fact you have had a black president, that there are blacks in the congress etc. literally proves my point.
You don't even know what systemic racism is you fucking dumbass. Systemic racism doesn't mean that black people can't be successful, obviously, they can be. It means that there are still black people being affected by forms of racism that are embedded within laws and society. The reality is that in the United States black people were and still are in some cases affected by things such as redlining, harsher prison sentencing, and voter disenfranchisement  (see Wikipedia I linked and https://www.acluofnorthcarolina.org/en/news/block-vote-voter-suppression-2020 and https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/north-carolina-voting-rights-law/493649/) These targeted attacks on black people combined with the US government looking the other way created downstream effects where many black families/communities have been left impoverished for generations, and obviously impoverished populations are more prone to drugs, violence, prostitution, gangs, etc. I don't know why people act like things such as Jim Crow, segregation, and other forms of state-sponsored racism were so long ago, they weren't.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #5540 on: April 22, 2021, 04:40:03 am »

You don't even know what systemic racism is you fucking dumbass. Systemic racism doesn't mean that black people can't be successful, obviously, they can be. It means that there are still black people being affected by forms of racism that are embedded within laws and society. The reality is that in the United States black people were and still are in some cases affected by things such as redlining, harsher prison sentencing, and voter disenfranchisement  (see Wikipedia I linked and https://www.acluofnorthcarolina.org/en/news/block-vote-voter-suppression-2020 and https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/north-carolina-voting-rights-law/493649/) These targeted attacks on black people combined with the US government looking the other way created downstream effects where many black families/communities have been left impoverished for generations, and obviously impoverished populations are more prone to drugs, violence, prostitution, gangs, etc. I don't know why people act like things such as Jim Crow, segregation, and other forms of state-sponsored racism were so long ago, they weren't.
If you can't even present any form of identification then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's not difficult to get an ID even if you don't have a driver's license.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:54:48 am by ~NickCole~ »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5541 on: April 22, 2021, 04:47:17 am »
I never really understood how voter ID laws are considered racist. You should be able to prove who you are. I dont think Ive ever met someone without an ID
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: April 22, 2021, 05:24:44 am »
]If you can't even present any form of identification then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's not difficult to get an ID even if you don't have a driver's license.

Voting should be made as easy as possible for as many people as possible, considering that large-scale voter fraud has never been proved all barriers should be lowered where possible.

I never really understood how voter ID laws are considered racist. You should be able to prove who you are. I dont think Ive ever met someone without an ID
Ignoring your dumbass anecdote, the reason they are considered racist is that sometimes there is action taken to actively prevent minorities from receiving ids. Case and point in 2016 the North Carolina state legislature was taken to court for the following: "In this one statute, the North Carolina legislature imposed a number of voting restrictions. The law required in-person voters to show certain photo IDs, beginning in 2016, which African Americans disproportionately lacked, and eliminated or reduced registration and voting access tools that African Americans disproportionately used. Id. at *9-10, *37, *123,*127, *131. Moreover, as the district court found, prior to enactment of SL 2013-381, the legislature requested and received racial data as to usage of the practices changed by the proposed law. "Later on the court document says this "In response to claims that intentional racial discrimination animated its action, the State offered only meager justifications. Although the new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision, they constitute inapt remedies for the problems assertedly justifying them and, in fact, impose cures for problems that did not exist." Pretty fucked up to attempt to suppress one of the most fundamental constitutional rights if you ask me.

Sources: https://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/nc-4th.pdf and https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/court-north-carolina-voter-id-law-targeted-black-voters/

Similarly, in 2015, Alabama closed down a bunch of DMVs that also targeted black people. I'm too lazy to quote again so you can read more here if you care. https://www.al.com/opinion/2017/01/as_it_turns_out_bentleys_drive.html
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5543 on: April 22, 2021, 05:46:49 am »
you require an ID to vote in Canada which I think is perfectly valid
before every election eligible voters are mailed a letter reminding them to register and informing them that they need a valid id to do so
having an id to vote seems reasonable and protects the democratic process. if it disproportionally affects a minority group its the lack of id that should be addressed, not the requirement to vote

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #5544 on: April 22, 2021, 06:00:34 am »
A man was in cuffs, on the ground with no possible way of being a threat. A police officer held his knee against his neck for 9 and a half minutes. Its not like he fell and accidentally killed him. He chose to put his knee on this guy and then held it there for over 9 minutes whilst the victim said he can't breathe. Idk seems kinda deliberate to me. Oh and by the way , we've known for years that kneeling on someone like that cuts off their air supply :3
I'm going to be honest with you. You know if you can talk your breathing because breath going through is how we talk. He was being choked but because he was talking that means at the moment he still breathing. You know before he lost consciousness and shit went bad.

WTF are you talking about?
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/07/09/medical-experts-floyds-speech-didnt-mean-he-could-breathe

I have no idea what you're trying to convey but you sound fucking retarded. :)
Hello person on the internet, I said a wrong piece of infomation as even the article point out a common piece of misinformation in the US. In my previous experiences of being choked out I could not talk while I had a arm around my neck chocking me so I just used assumed the information was true. Have a nice day retard

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5545 on: April 22, 2021, 06:03:52 am »
]If you can't even present any form of identification then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's not difficult to get an ID even if you don't have a driver's license.

Voting should be made as easy as possible for as many people as possible, considering that large-scale voter fraud has never been proved all barriers should be lowered where possible.

Ignoring your dumbass anecdote, the reason they are considered racist is that sometimes there is action taken to actively prevent minorities from receiving ids. Case and point in 2016 the North Carolina state legislature was taken to court for the following: "In this one statute, the North Carolina legislature imposed a number of voting restrictions. The law required in-person voters to show certain photo IDs, beginning in 2016, which African Americans disproportionately lacked, and eliminated or reduced registration and voting access tools that African Americans disproportionately used. Id. at *9-10, *37, *123,*127, *131. Moreover, as the district court found, prior to enactment of SL 2013-381, the legislature requested and received racial data as to usage of the practices changed by the proposed law. "Later on the court document says this "In response to claims that intentional racial discrimination animated its action, the State offered only meager justifications. Although the new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision, they constitute inapt remedies for the problems assertedly justifying them and, in fact, impose cures for problems that did not exist." Pretty fucked up to attempt to suppress one of the most fundamental constitutional rights if you ask me.

Sources: https://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/nc-4th.pdf and https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/court-north-carolina-voter-id-law-targeted-black-voters/

Similarly, in 2015, Alabama closed down a bunch of DMVs that also targeted black people. I'm too lazy to quote again so you can read more here if you care. https://www.al.com/opinion/2017/01/as_it_turns_out_bentleys_drive.html
Ok so  if their gonna do stuff  like that (Make voting id required and then close all the places to get an ID in certain areas) then i  understand why it might be  considered suppression. But i still think requiring  a voter id is perfectly valid as long  as people have access to it
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:05:29 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: April 22, 2021, 08:44:04 am »
I dont get why eastern europeans, who have a notorious low count of migrants are so fucking racist all the time
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5547 on: April 22, 2021, 09:32:32 am »
There can‘t be sexism in Germany because we have Angela Merkel as chancellor
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5548 on: April 22, 2021, 12:26:18 pm »
I dont get why eastern europeans, who have a notorious low count of migrants are so fucking racist all the time
>German

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: April 22, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »
>German
Insightful Argument
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]