Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529376 times)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5505 on: April 21, 2021, 02:38:14 am »
A guilty verdict is the only positive outcome from this case. Won't bring George Floyd back but its justice and it sends the right message.
100% agree, I cant wait for the next crackhead to OD on fentanyl so I can cop some new jordans

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5506 on: April 21, 2021, 03:33:33 am »
A guilty verdict is the only positive outcome from this case. Won't bring George Floyd back but its justice and it sends the right message.

Guilty? I agree. Murder? Probably not.

What I find disturbing the most is the brutal reality that if they switched their skin colour there would be zero media coverage and probably way milder punishment.

The so called fight against inequality and supposed oppression of black community has turned into a witch hunt of every white officer.

There are millions of police-civilian interactions each year and how many end up with an unarmed black person getting shot? Literally a needle in a haystack. Same applies for the gun rights issue - banning guns or taking away guns won't solve anything, it will most likely have the opposite effect.

Americans should aim to solve the issues at their roots and search for actual solutions. And no, the institution is not the issue.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:36:23 am by Kore »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5507 on: April 21, 2021, 05:52:13 am »
Spoiler

What I find disturbing the most is the brutal reality that if they switched their skin colour there would be zero media coverage and probably way milder punishment.

The so called fight against inequality and supposed oppression of black community has turned into a witch hunt of every white officer.

There are millions of police-civilian interactions each year and how many end up with an unarmed black person getting shot? Literally a needle in a haystack. Same applies for the gun rights issue - banning guns or taking away guns won't solve anything, it will most likely have the opposite effect.

Americans should aim to solve the issues at their roots and search for actual solutions. And no, the institution is not the issue.
[close]
Kore speakin them factZ

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #5508 on: April 21, 2021, 10:00:37 am »
A man was in cuffs, on the ground with no possible way of being a threat. A police officer held his knee against his neck for 9 and a half minutes. Its not like he fell and accidentally killed him. He chose to put his knee on this guy and then held it there for over 9 minutes whilst the victim said he can't breathe. Idk seems kinda deliberate to me. Oh and by the way , we've known for years that kneeling on someone like that cuts off their air supply :3

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: April 21, 2021, 10:02:36 am »

Its 2nd Degree Murder, in Germany we would call it "Totschlag" and I think the verdict is fair.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5510 on: April 21, 2021, 11:53:53 am »
Atleast there’s not gonna be any riots
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5511 on: April 21, 2021, 12:10:08 pm »
Same applies for the gun rights issue - banning guns or taking away guns won't solve anything, it will most likely have the opposite effect.
I mean that's a seperate issue though I am interested in why restricting laws regarding firearms will have the opposite effect in your opinion?

(By opposite effect I suppose you mean more deaths etc.?)
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #5512 on: April 21, 2021, 02:11:25 pm »
A man was in cuffs, on the ground with no possible way of being a threat. A police officer held his knee against his neck for 9 and a half minutes. Its not like he fell and accidentally killed him. He chose to put his knee on this guy and then held it there for over 9 minutes whilst the victim said he can't breathe. Idk seems kinda deliberate to me. Oh and by the way , we've known for years that kneeling on someone like that cuts off their air supply :3
I'm going to be honest with you. You know if you can talk your breathing because breath going through is how we talk. He was being choked but because he was talking that means at the moment he still breathing. You know before he lost consciousness and shit went bad.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: April 21, 2021, 02:13:44 pm »
Same applies for the gun rights issue - banning guns or taking away guns won't solve anything, it will most likely have the opposite effect.
I mean that's a seperate issue though I am interested in why restricting laws regarding firearms will have the opposite effect in your opinion?

It could be a stretch but still my opinion is that the more guns you take away from normal, law abiding and mentally healthy citizens the likelihood of armed robberies, assaults and what not resulting in death or serious wounds of the victim will rise. Crime rate and mass shootings won't magically disappear nor drop down.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: April 21, 2021, 02:16:07 pm »
I'm going to be honest with you. You know if you can talk your breathing because breath going through is how we talk. He was being choked but because he was talking that means at the moment he still breathing. You know before he lost consciousness and shit went bad.

Maybe if he wasn't on drugs he could breathe easier as well, who knows. It's just sad that his criminal history and drug abuse has been just sweeped under the "hurr durr racism" carpet.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #5515 on: April 21, 2021, 02:16:14 pm »

The Police are really violent in the US. To put this in perceptive my Dad and Two Uncles all got beaten by the cops. My Dad had hand cuffs on while they beat him.(Not sure the details on the other twl)Only one of my Uncles actually got arrested and charged with a crime and that was drug procession. So yeah the institution is definitely the issue.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: April 21, 2021, 02:20:36 pm »

The Police are really violent in the US. To put this in perceptive my Dad and Two Uncles all got beaten by the cops. My Dad had hand cuffs on while they beat him.(Not sure the details on the other twl)Only one of my Uncles actually got arrested and charged with a crime and that was drug procession. So yeah the institution is definitely the issue.

There are some bad apples in the US police just like anywhere in the world.

However I do agree US police needs some form of reform or change - as Caz mentioned the training period is just ridiculously short.

What my point is, is that systemic racism does not exist, not in the US.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #5517 on: April 21, 2021, 02:28:29 pm »

Maybe if he wasn't on drugs he could breathe easier as well, who knows. It's just sad that his criminal history and drug abuse has been just sweeped under the "hurr durr racism" carpet.
Maybe if he didn't have a dudes knee on his neck he could breathe easier. Also yeah he wasn't perfect and had a past but that's not relevant.

Also I know he was talking throughout but if someone says they can't breathe, maybe you should release them from whatever hold you've got on them.

Offline crazypro25.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Uffz_Krazy
« Reply #5518 on: April 21, 2021, 02:49:05 pm »

It could be a stretch but still my opinion is that the more guns you take away from normal, law abiding and mentally healthy citizens the likelihood of armed robberies, assaults and what not resulting in death or serious wounds of the victim will rise. Crime rate and mass shootings won't magically disappear nor drop down.

On the other hand, if it is much harder to get firearms, logically the number of incidents must decrease. I mean, if you can't get your hands on a firearm as easily (as it is currently the case in the U.S.), you can't commit a crime with it as easily.

I can only recommend an article about firearms in the U.S. from a German newspaper: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/usa-ein-land-unter-waffen-in-sieben-grafiken-1.3694023 (I recommend DeepL https://www.deepl.com/translator if you want to translate it into english)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5519 on: April 21, 2021, 03:07:57 pm »
Don't you think that is a bit far-fetched? Why are there no similar problems in western-European countries then? The death rates in these countries are extremely low in comparison to the US.

In Australia (a country which used to be quite similarly liberal on firearm legislations) they heavily restricted the possession of guns after a mass shooting in 1996; since then there has been a significant drop in gun violence (about 75%). I think it is only realistic to assume that restrictions will not suddenly prevent gun violence but that cannot be an argument against less liberal legislations.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players