Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529275 times)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5355 on: December 04, 2020, 03:02:08 am »
true gamers only listen to Alex Jones

He really is a fascinating figure. His beliefs may be wack and are upheld by a cult, but the way he twists them into complex conspiracies is genuinely hilarious. Even if it's just a character, the money he has made provides him with the incentive to keep going.
people really act like he isn't spitting fax sometimes

THE WATER WAS REALLY MAKING THE FROGS GAY

Phailur

« Reply #5356 on: December 04, 2020, 02:13:15 pm »

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #5357 on: January 06, 2021, 11:14:04 pm »
2021 is off to a great start. Coup on day 6! The writers really managed to up the stakes, I really thought they couldn't match last season!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5358 on: January 06, 2021, 11:16:54 pm »
2021 is off to a great start. Coup on day 6! The writers really managed to up the stakes, I really thought they couldn't match last season!
this season gonna be fire

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: January 06, 2021, 11:29:24 pm »

I don't know if I think the election was stolen or not, personally I think I may be leaning towards the fact that it wasn't but there hasn't been a real wide-spread investigation yet for me to go off of.

To me though, I understand why this is happening and it takes me back to when the George Floyd riots were happening. Circumstances are different but the mission is the same, to fight against a (as deemed) corrupt system. No amount of peaceful protesting will ever get rid of people who shouldn't be in power. This doesn't always have to negate to violence though. In my humble opinion civil disobedience is actually a fundamental part of any society - if justified.

Probably a hot take but I feel like the incorrect thing to do in a situation where you think the most powerful man in the world got his position illegally, or if you think that your ethnic group is being wrongfully persecuted, is to sit back and do nothing.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5360 on: January 06, 2021, 11:47:26 pm »
Electoral irregularities are a hallmark of elections across the Western world. Every country has "issues" with elections, but it's a spectrum - there are always going to be people investigated or arrested for electoral fraud. But allegations on that scale are so outlandishly unlikely. And if they were likely, there would be a judge somewhere, anywhere, who would allow these questions. Either the Democrats have blackmail on every judge who dismissed a Trump campaign suits or the lawsuits were desperate and unlikely

There is no coherent reason to doubt that Biden won the election, and so therefore there is no justification for desecration for the most recognizable symbol of democracy in the world. There is a serious lack of perspective and self-reflection in American party politics and this is just another example of it

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5361 on: January 06, 2021, 11:48:49 pm »

I don't know if I think the election was stolen or not, personally I think I may be leaning towards the fact that it wasn't but there hasn't been a real wide-spread investigation yet for me to go off of.

To me though, I understand why this is happening and it takes me back to when the George Floyd riots were happening. Circumstances are different but the mission is the same, to fight against a (as deemed) corrupt system. No amount of peaceful protesting will ever get rid of people who shouldn't be in power. This doesn't always have to negate to violence though. In my humble opinion civil disobedience is actually a fundamental part of any society - if justified.

Probably a hot take but I feel like the incorrect thing to do in a situation where you think the most powerful man in the world got his position illegally, or if you think that your ethnic group is being wrongfully persecuted, is to sit back and do nothing.

This is happening because our beloved commander-in-chief has been revving his base up into a frenzy that can't be reasoned with. Spending the last four years legitimizing batshit insane conspiracy theories in order promote a post-truth society takes it toll.

Trump didn't do it because he actually thinks he lost. He is doing it because he realizes that his political Ponzi scheme is about to collapse right on top of him. His supporters, the GOP, and half of America would suffer an identity crisis if he conceded now. Why give up when your base is naïve enough to be this invested and willing to donate millions towards a lost cause? This is the death-knell of conservative identity politics.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: January 07, 2021, 12:10:39 am »

This is happening because our beloved commander-in-chief has been revving his base up into a frenzy that can't be reasoned with. Spending the last four years legitimizing batshit insane conspiracy theories in order promote a post-truth society takes it toll.

Trump didn't do it because he actually thinks he lost. He is doing it because he realizes that his political Ponzi scheme is about to collapse right on top of him. His supporters, the GOP, and half of America would suffer an identity crisis if he conceded now. Why give up when your base is naïve enough to be this invested and willing to donate millions towards a lost cause? This is the death-knell of conservative identity politics.

I agree with you & Theodin, like I said I don't really think that the election was stolen.

My main point with my post was to note that civil disobedience & rioting is a natural thing within a society and can and can not be justified at times. While I don't agree with the Capitol takeover I do understand why it is happening. A lot of frustration has been brewing the past couple of years, partly natural and partly expedited by Trump. I'm not too sure if the Capitol takeover is the culmination of this frustration, we'll have to see.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: January 07, 2021, 12:17:57 am »
imagine thinking your vote matters lmao

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #5364 on: January 07, 2021, 06:39:00 am »
#FSEParty2036

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: January 11, 2021, 01:33:57 am »

Imagine being this fucking stupid.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: January 11, 2021, 05:11:52 pm »

Imagine being this fucking stupid.
look at his programming going completely haywire, the modern Nordic man. SAD!

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5367 on: January 11, 2021, 05:42:12 pm »
what
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: January 11, 2021, 08:19:56 pm »
what
Dont worry, he is merely pretending to be retarded!
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: January 11, 2021, 09:19:01 pm »
remember lads, subscribe to pewdiepie :)